Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You've got the right idea, Egle01, I'm pretty sure I'm going to be in no shape to post for a while.

Thank you, thank you, thank you.

And while I'm at it, thank you, fellow Gateworlders and SGU fans. I've enjoyed the party.
    sigpic
    Goodbye and Good Travels, Destiny!

Comment

Don't post much here, but I can't believe this is coming to an end tonight.

Thanks SGU and all involved (including Gateworld)!

Comment

I am just watching Blockade right now, I changed my mind... I will download the next episode on itunes tomorrow, and I will watch it before I go to my studies ....
        sigpic

Comment

After 17 YEARS, tonight will be a sad night for many many people! I want to thank everyone on cast and crew for 17 years of awesome TV who busted their butts on these shows.

If it had not been for SG fandom I would never met my wife and this show and all the others who came before will be missed!

SGU just seemed to get better and better and its sad that those who could have kept this show going failed to see that!
          www.stitchsloft.com
          For your out of this world prop and costume needs

sigpic
          "THAT'S... Lt. Col, Errand Boy to you..." Lt. Col John Sheppard
          www.scifihero.net

Comment

Originally posted by Stitch View Post
            After 17 YEARS, tonight will be a sad night for many many people! I want to thank everyone on cast and crew for 17 years of awesome TV who busted their butts on these shows.

If it had not been for SG fandom I would never met my wife and this show and all the others who came before will be missed!

SGU just seemed to get better and better and its sad that those who could have kept this show going failed to see that!
            Well, 17 seasons. 1997-2011 is 14 years
            "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Wow.. Never knew people got married from meeting on SG sites..

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                Well, 17 seasons. 1997-2011 is 14 years
                Well in the TV world things are relative... Jack Bauer would only consider it couple weeks... =)

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                Wow.. Never knew people got married from meeting on SG sites..
                Well I met a guy at a con and we had the same last name, we both loved SG costuming, we joked were were cousins and we stayed in touch. Then about a year later I saw pic of my "future wife" on one his web pages and asked him to hook us up. He had met her through Star Wars costuming. She had recently started doing SG as well. Long story short I started dating my "Vala" and now its been almost 4 years since were got married!
                www.stitchsloft.com

sigpic
                www.scifihero.net

Comment

While I can't wait to see tonight's episode, I know how sad I will be when it is over.
                  sigpic
                  MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                  "...phu...ah..."
                  "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                  Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                    While I can't wait to see tonight's episode, I know how sad I will be when it is over.
                    I know I am still sitting here in disbelief that this is it... And knowing we will get no closure either!
                    www.stitchsloft.com

sigpic
                    www.scifihero.net

Comment

good bye stargate i don,t think that it is the end of stargate universe i just think that it will be in stasis for awhile

Comment

RT my tweet here" #SGU may have ended but #Stargate the franchise lives on in the hearts & DREAMS of the fans crew & actors

Thank you everyone who made Stargate possible!

Comment

Thank you, Stargate Universe

Ditto to many of the sentiments here. THIS is the series they want to end NOW?? The series evolved beautifully into tonight's so bittersweet finale. The writing, dialogue, action and emotion were outstanding. Col. Young's fitting description of them as family made me tear up; I loved watching this family grow closer.

In a perfect scenario, this episode would shock TPTB with its perfection and I hope, acclaim. They would move all brass-bottomed, cold cash headed executives to scramble to reassembe the cast, crew, - eh. Where's a time-reversing solar flare when we need one.

A sincere Salute to the hard work of the SU cast, writers, producers, crew (and yes, fans) who made this too-short work of scifi art worth viewing. May we see you around the dial soon and often.
                          MISSION: STARGATE REWATCH 2011-2012 ENGAGED DONE!
                          sigpic
                          Beware Helen Magnus - Doctor of A$$-Kicking

Comment

Thank you SG-U for giving me 2 more years of not having to go to BBC america for good scifi. Thank you for Rush and his plotting, Young and his heavy burdens, Eli having to find himself, and one more visit from Rodney McKay.

I wanted a darker Sci-Fi show, you have it to me, and I always defended you.

Thank you for 2 great seasons.

Comment

Thank you, Stargate Universe. You were an incredible series, and I won't forget the joy, the sadness, the fear, the triumph, and the fond regard for humanity despite our flaws you instilled in me with every episode.

Destiny continues on through the Universe in our imaginations, just as it has done for millions of years, continuing the search for the destiny of all things. In this quest, it will never be stopped.

Comment

Stargate Universe was a very bold experiment, one that divided fans (in a healthy way I would say), and kept it's fanbase guessing. Very memorable characters going through rites of passage and tests of endurance each week, confronting aliens that looked..well...alien, and exploring secrets that enhanced the Ancients in a more grounded way as opposed to the godly "can do all it says on the label" dietys SG1 portrayed them as. SGU tried many different things at a time where most people didnt expect anything different from SG's formula. It dared to reinvent and finally gave SG an edge that the more cushy series lacked (and were being stagnated by) , so I thank SGU for taking the cliches and leaving them behind (it had a truckload of other cliches though, but It didnt hamper it)

Not a lot know this here, so I'll just say this: I'm also a wrestling fan, so it hurts when my side of the coin are called a "brainless majority" by certain idiots who can't deal with the harsh realitys of buisness in television. You can be a wrestling fan AND a fan of more intellectually-stimulating television, as proven by my love of SGU. I share the loss with the fans

Comment

Working...
                                X