• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
    You're a traitor to our cause. Lets tar him
    Ill bring the feathers.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
      I would recommend SG-1 and SGA before SGU. Stargate Universe is meant for a specific group of people in a specific group of people.
      i think they are all on the same boat. Gosh people I dont know why you like to separate them, they are essentially the same. SGU was meant to be mainstream thats what, but they failed even though there seems to be a demand for more sci-fi.
      sigpic

Comment

i gave up on SGU. it's epic writing and amazing actor just didn't grab me. and don't get me started on that ship. i mean how cool is it to have a ship that's solar powered and is all streampunked i mean seriously who in there right mind would love that ship.

and did i mention the stargates...... was the budget cut? .... black and white gates.... did it rip off the new pokemon games? those gates are so frekkin sweet they spin ....(cause spinning is so much cooler then non spinning) and dont' forget the stream

so no it's not worth watching.
        https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

For me watching SGU is kind of like keeping track of how a football team is doing, you used to go to the games or watch live and although you don't enjoy it as much anymore its still important to see how your team is doing - fans talk about how the team was more exciting 10 years ago and don't play the exciting style they used to.

I find it odd how fans who are in love with the show don't understand this, just because you don't like the current team doesn't mean you go looking for a new club to support. The guy shouting at the players for playing bad is just as passionate about his team as everyone else.

Comment

Originally posted by Sami_ View Post
            For me watching SGU is kind of like keeping track of how a football team is doing, you used to go to the games or watch live and although you don't enjoy it as much anymore its still important to see how your team is doing - fans talk about how the team was more exciting 10 years ago and don't play the exciting style they used to.

I find it odd how fans who are in love with the show don't understand this, just because you don't like the current team doesn't mean you go looking for a new club to support. The guy shouting at the players for playing bad is just as passionate about his team as everyone else.
            Agreed and a good point.

Comment

Now, while I do support SGU and like it, I agree with you completely. However, the guy shouting at the players for playing badly should give suggestions to help them play better, or explain how they are playing badly.

Comment

Originally posted by The Mighty 6 platoon View Post
                What, fans of drama shows? Are they a rare and endangered species where you live?
                No, talking about a "Stargate" show, that was supposed to draw in people outside of the viewers SGA was getting, that has not happened, and they have alienated a lot of the classic SG fans. People like you and I are the rare breed who have accepted this show.

Take Stargate out of the title, take out all the plot devices and technology, and characters used on SG-1 and SGA, then you got yourself a new drama series.

You're a traitor to our cause. Lets tar him
                Originally posted by major davis View Post
                Ill bring the feathers.
                You guys won't since SGU is being renewed.

Originally posted by Duneknight View Post
                i think they are all on the same boat. Gosh people I dont know why you like to separate them, they are essentially the same. SGU was meant to be mainstream thats what, but they failed even though there seems to be a demand for more sci-fi.
                Mainstream yes, but it seems to have lost even it's Casual viewer SG audience.

I appreciate SGU for what it is, and I really enjoy it. I Was watching Sateda and Fifth Race today on Syfy, and I just cannot put them in the same boat as SGU, just yet. It was kinda a wake up call for me. I think tonight's episode is going to be excellent, but it still is going to make me think about the overall franchise and the past, present, and future of things.
                sigpic

Comment

No, talking about a "Stargate" show, that was supposed to draw in people outside of the viewers SGA was getting, that has not happened, and they have alienated a lot of the classic SG fans. People like you and I are the rare breed who have accepted this show.

Take Stargate out of the title, take out all the plot devices and technology, and characters used on SG-1 and SGA, then you got yourself a new drama series.

You guys won't since SGU is being renewed.

Mainstream yes, but it seems to have lost even it's Casual viewer SG audience.

I appreciate SGU for what it is, and I really enjoy it. I Was watching Sateda and Fifth Race today on Syfy, and I just cannot put them in the same boat as SGU, just yet. It was kinda a wake up call for me. I think tonight's episode is going to be excellent, but it still is going to make me think about the overall franchise and the past, present, and future of things.
                  Agreed. SGU is a better boat. Well maybe not the Fifth Race but definitly not Satedia.
                  Originally posted by aretood2
                  Jelgate is right

Comment

Agreed. SGU is a better boat. Well maybe not the Fifth Race but definitly not Satedia.
                    The Titanic? LOL. Sorry I could not resist. No seriously, SGU is getting better and better for me, but it may tie SGA for me, but I don't see it being a better show to me than SG-1. I think all three shows are worthy, but I think people would get lost with SGU if they have not seen SG-1 and/or SGA. imho.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Duneknight View Post
                      Someone on that site linked below asked this very question, whether its worth watching or not, as many non-fans do when they first hear about SGU. here is the site:

http://www.aintitcool.com/talkback_d...omment_3679285

What would you tell them? And why? You could go to that site and tell them what you think share your perspective.
                      I stopped watching this season. No longer interested. I probably wouldn't be allowed to honestly tell them what I think, they would delete the post.

Comment

Originally posted by DSG1 View Post
                        I stopped watching this season. No longer interested. I probably wouldn't be allowed to honestly tell them what I think, they would delete the post.
                        That's too bad. Some of the eps have been really great this season. But hey, it's not for everyone.
                        sigpic

Comment

I think all three shows are worthy, but I think people would get lost with SGU if they have not seen SG-1 and/or SGA. imho.
                          Not really true. I've seen a number of people being able to watch the show without any knowledge of the previous series.

Knowing what happened in the previous series is kind of like knowing someone since pre-school. You know when they broke their arm, their first crush, why they ran away from home on Christmas Eve armed only with a photo of a dog... so you get them, but that doesn't mean at 30 that friend doesn't meet someone who 'gets' them, but gets them differently.
                          Disclaimer: All opinions stated within this post are relevant to the author herself, and do not in any way represent the opinions of God, Country, The Powers That Be or Greater Fandom.

Any resemblance to aforementioned opinions are purely coincidental.

Comment

For the record Sateda was a horrible episode and there are very few SGU episodes that are worse in my opinion.

Fifth Race is in a league of its own though, no episode of SGU comes close, just maybe a few Atlantis episodes compare but certainly not Sateda.

Comment

...SGU is being renewed...
                              I have stolen your context!
                              "Most people who are watching TV are semi-catatonic. They're not fully alive." - U.S. District Court Judge Timothy Batten Sr.
                              Ronald Greer is also a medic. Your argument is invalid.
                              Originally posted by J-Whitt Remastered
                              Secondly, I think that everything DigiFluid is good.
                              Sandcastle Builder: The game of XKCD: Time

Comment

That's too bad. Some of the eps have been really great this season. But hey, it's not for everyone.
                                I liked all of the episodes this season. That doesn't mean I liked every part that happened, such as

**Spoiler Aftermath ending
                                Spoiler:
                                Riley's death
                                I didn't like that it happened, but it was acted and written very well and I liked the episode still. You don't have to like everything that happens or every character or every decision; sometimes that's what makes an episode great. If they did everything you like all the time, then it would be boring.

Comment

Working...
                                X