X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by escyos View Post
    SGU is as needed as oxygen.
    someone understands!!
    Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a night. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm the rest of his life.
    ---
    sigpic

Comment

I think it is definitely worth watching because Destiny can unlock the mysteries of the universe. Well, that and the fact that it is awesome.

Comment

Honestly the vast majority of people I know don't like Stargate. SG1/SGA were tacky generic sci-fi while the new one is gloomy and too slow. Trying to recommend it to the average person is a proves to be fruitless.

Comment

I am very fond of SG1 and SGA. I can't say which I like more ... it's difficult. I think I liked the RDA series of SG1 more than the latter years. Mitchell was good, but Vala was kinda annoying other than her one introductory episode. Whereas I really liked Sheppard and McKay and the Atlantis crew for all their seasons. Todd was a great character too.

Either way, I think I like SGU even more. It's way different than SG1 and SGA - no doubt there. But it just seems more real, or specifically - the interactions between characters seem more real and less reliant on the lore of the franchise. Not that it makes me like the other 2 for being any less real - no way. I like them for what they are and am glad they were made so I'll forever be able to enjoy them as they are.

But SGU - other than Wray who should just be airlocked, period - this show really entertains me and I find myself looking forward to each episode regardless of how much action or tech there is.

Which is why I doubt it will get a 3rd season. It seems the more suited to me a television show is, the less likely it survives it's full course. I am happy I got 4 seasons of BSG, but I could've handled another. I'm also happy for the 5 of SGA, but I really felt it was coming into it's own there right when it got the axe. But shows like Firefly, Wonderfalls, Caprica ... they all went before their time.

So nowdays SGU and Fringe are the only two shows really grabbing my attention. Other than that it's just re-watching The Wire. If SGU goes, I guess I'll be looking for more older shows to download (never did get to the end of DS9).

Comment

Originally posted by Duneknight View Post
            Someone on that site linked below asked this very question, whether its worth watching or not, as many non-fans do when they first hear about SGU. here is the site:

http://www.aintitcool.com/talkback_d...omment_3679285

What would you tell them? And why? You could go to that site and tell them what you think share your perspective.
            Is it worth watching? Definitely. Of all the things I watch on TV currently, SGU is the only thing that I MUST watch. I must watch it live, must DVR it, and must re-watch. Then come here, and talk about what I've watched

It's always hard to try to convince other people what to watch though. Everyone's different. They like different things and expect different things to be entertained. All I can say for myself is that, from the very first episode, I knew this was my kind of show. It spoke to me in ways that the two previous shows can't touch and that, in its storytelling and delivery, SGU has joined the ranks of shows like B5, Firefly, X-Files and Millennium on my shelf. SGU isn't just entertaining me for an episode. It's telling me a story, one I HAVE to come back to watch, with characters I can seriously relate to. Again, it's not for everybody. I'm not saying everyone has to like it or see it in the same way I see it. but you did ask what *I* would say
            sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

It is worth watching for the people that it appeals to. Personally, I love SG1 and SGA and I had high hopes for SGU, but it just didn't click with me. I tried most of the first season and I found I didn't care for any of the characters. I had no emotional attachment to any of them and I was kind of bored while watching. I gave it a good shot and decided to stop wasting my time and DVR space on it. It just isn't for me.
              sigpic

Comment

I love SGU and love to watch it!

Comment

I personally find it very worth watching, otherwise I wouldn't be posting in this forum!
                  "Most people who are watching TV are semi-catatonic. They're not fully alive." - U.S. District Court Judge Timothy Batten Sr.
                  Ronald Greer is also a medic. Your argument is invalid.
                  Originally posted by J-Whitt Remastered
                  Secondly, I think that everything DigiFluid is good.
                  Sandcastle Builder: The game of XKCD: Time

Comment

What I find worth watching is not something other people do. I am not into convincing others, especially perfect strangers, into watching something that they have decided that they don't want to.

Probably because I have no desire to have people trying to convince me to watch something I don't want too either.

Obviously I find it worth watching 'cause I wouldn't be torturing myself by posting in a sub-forum of a show that I hate. Not into that at all.
                    Disclaimer: All opinions stated within this post are relevant to the author herself, and do not in any way represent the opinions of God, Country, The Powers That Be or Greater Fandom.

Any resemblance to aforementioned opinions are purely coincidental.

Comment

Do I find it worth watching? Yes. Would I recommend it to real life people? No.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Deevil View Post
                        What I find worth watching is not something other people do. I am not into convincing others, especially perfect strangers, into watching something that they have decided that they don't want to.

Probably because I have no desire to have people trying to convince me to watch something I don't want too either.

Obviously I find it worth watching 'cause I wouldn't be torturing myself by posting in a sub-forum of a show that I hate. Not into that at all.
                        I completely agree. I am glad that I like Stargate, but I don't think that all my friends and family have to. Sure, I might suggest to them "Hey, you should try watching Stargate" once. If they said no, then that'd be fine, but I enjoy sharing my interests with others if they like them too. If I knew they didn't like SciFi or they told me they don't want to, then I wouldn't suggest it.

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
                          Why not? How do you think I became a Stargate fan? After awhile I become more of a fan than the guy who introduced me and I couldnt believe I was so against SG-1 at first.

Originally posted by sgc View Post
                          I completely agree. I am glad that I like Stargate, but I don't think that all my friends and family have to. Sure, I might suggest to them "Hey, you should try watching Stargate" once. If they said no, then that'd be fine, but I enjoy sharing my interests with others if they like them too. If I knew they didn't like SciFi or they told me they don't want to, then I wouldn't suggest it.
                          the site that I linked to is of the sci-fi and comic-con variety. Plus I never said you should convince anyone anything, I wanted you to establish your opinions here and over to that site linked whether it was critical or favorable so as to give people a picture of what SGU is and its flaws.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Duneknight View Post
                            Why not? How do you think I became a Stargate fan? After awhile I become more of a fan than the guy who introduced me and I couldnt believe I was so against SG-1 at first.
                            I would recommend SG-1 and SGA before SGU. Stargate Universe is meant for a specific group of people in a specific group of people.
                            sigpic

Comment

I would recommend SG-1 and SGA before SGU. Stargate Universe is meant for a specific group of people in a specific group of people.
                              What, fans of drama shows? Are they a rare and endangered species where you live?

Comment

You're a traitor to our cause. Lets tar him
                                Originally posted by aretood2
                                Jelgate is right

Comment

Working...
                                X