This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
    Its not Hewlett that concerns me. Its the writers giving the dialouge for McKay
    ahh good point.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
      Well I've liked the cameos from other Stargate actors so far and after deciding to give SGU another chance to impress me it has. But I'm afraid this is one ep I won't be watching. I had more than enough of McKay on SGA, the last thing I want is for him to come over onto SGU. I really hope it's only the one time and not a recurring theme I'd hate to miss more eps because of him.
      That seems kind of petty to skip an episode because of one character. You have no idea what kind of form he will take.
      Originally posted by aretood2
      Jelgate is right

Comment

That seems kind of petty to skip an episode because of one character. You have no idea what kind of form he will take.
        I don't care, I can't stand McKay and I've had enough of him in this lifetime. I will continue to watch SGU cause I'm lovin it now But I will not watch the eps with him in them. But if he is in more eps I will only watch them if he doesn't say a word
        sigpic

Comment

I don't care, I can't stand McKay and I've had enough of him in this lifetime. I will continue to watch SGU cause I'm lovin it now But I will not watch the eps with him in them. But if he is in more eps I will only watch them if he doesn't say a word
          I understand. I hate characters too but it seems foolish to skip something because of person. I'm going to skip my whole dinner because I don't like these onion
          Originally posted by aretood2
          Jelgate is right

Comment

I understand. I hate characters too but it seems foolish to skip something because of person. I'm going to skip my whole dinner because I don't like these onion
            When have you ever known me to make any sense Of course I could always just fast forward those particular scenes Or press mute.
            sigpic

Comment

"it's not about mckay"

which is obviously the best news ever.

i look forward to the crossover.

as to the characters:

Zero Hour is 1000x about hammond than about O'neill. we see that it's not that easy to be there back on the base. O'neill matured in terms of perspective. he used to leave nobody behind and he always wanted the best, most fair decision. but as Carter showed, it's better to safely doom 4 people than to possibly doom 200. decisions they both could make as a member of SG1 do no apply here, it's command over something much bigger with more people. casualties are to be expected, it's a matter of making the most secure, least casualty-generating and most effective decisions.

O'neill showed that as he was somewhat grumpier and well he obviously adjusted to his washington life.

Carter showed that as she has adjusted to her life as a commander.

Mckay will have to realize that this, the Destiny, isn't what he's used to. it's not in perfect condition where only control crystals are the problem

Comment

I finally got a chance to read over everyone's comments. I love that for the most part I am not alone in my views.

I thought of one point that I'm surprised noone else has mentioned (in fact I just now thought about it myself). In Subversion (If memory serves):
                Spoiler:
                Daniel, Young, and Jack are all in Jack's office, they are talking about knowing that Rush is not the mole and was obviously telling the truth. Young wants to 'torture' the information out of Telford. In classic Daniel style (and by far the most appropriate use of him since early SG1), he asks if [Telford] still has rights.
                . Just a quip for support of my OP.
                sigpic

Comment

Can you be convinced if you get reviews? I know exactly where you're coming from about skipping eps with certain characters in, but if they make him the Rodney from SG1 instead of the SGA version (my sincere hope is that he's SG1 Rodney), would you reconsider?

So glad to hear you're enjoying SGU now, BTW
                  sigpic

Comment

*putting on my McKay Fan hat* *

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                    "it's not about mckay"
                    Mckay will have to realize that this, the Destiny, isn't what he's used to. it's not in perfect condition where only control crystals are the problem
                    And Rush, Eli and company will have to realize that there are people much brighter than both of them combined, sit down and listen. They are the wrong people at the wrong place after all.

* I also have painted my cheeks with "Go Rodney" written on each one. *

* And it's on the face cheeks you perverts.

Currently watching: Dark Matter, 12 Monkeys, Doctor Who, Under the Dome, The Mentalist, The Messengers, The Last Ship, Elementary, Dominion, The Whispers, Extant, Olympus, Da Vinci's Demons, Vikings

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Zelix View Post
                      And Rush, Eli and company will have to realize that there are people much brighter than both of them combined, sit down and listen. They are the wrong people at the wrong place after all.
                      I think most of them do realise that. Except Rush, but he's mental.

(Though I wouldn't say for definite whether McKay/Carter/whoever are brighter than Eli, just more experienced/knowledgeable.)
                      Last edited by Naonak; 11 September 2010, 09:50 AM.

Comment

Where can I get one of those McKay fan hats. I am so happy he is coming to SGU. Its about time. I hope they don't change McKay one bit. He needs to be Rodney.

Comment

Originally posted by Petra View Post
                          As I said about a gazillion times, I adore how Jack and Sam were portrayed. In Jack's case I actually don't believe that his character was somehow changed, just that the writers finally remembered that O'Neill's wit and humour were just one of many facets of his personality, not the total sum of it. So Jack behaves in SGU like he used to in seasons 1-6 of SG-1, before Baal and all, and TPTB keep his humour in check, unlike in the last few seasons of SG-1 when RDA kinda run with it unstopped. I love it. I have my beloved kick-ass Jack back.
                          Agreed. I've quite enjoyed RDA in SGU where as I had actually rather grown to hate Jack from Season 7 on, which was quite sad because he had been my favorite character.

I think McKay could fit just fine in whatever ep of SGU he'll be in....especially if DH plays McKay more in the vain of McKay from SG-1's "48 Hours" and "Redemption" and not the later years of SGA. More straight up and not the overreacting, OTT character that started to grate on my nerves after having initially liked him. Maybe he'll take his on advise about Anubis playing it over the top.
                          IMO always implied.

Comment

Originally posted by LoneStar1836 View Post
                            Agreed. I've quite enjoyed RDA in SGU where as I had actually rather grown to hate Jack from Season 7 on, which was quite sad because he had been my favorite character.
                            I also prefer Jack on SGU than him from season 7 on. I must say that I didn't like season 7 very much even if there's some great episodes in there too (it is the worst season imo) and 8.
                            Currently watching: Dark Matter, 12 Monkeys, Doctor Who, Under the Dome, The Mentalist, The Messengers, The Last Ship, Elementary, Dominion, The Whispers, Extant, Olympus, Da Vinci's Demons, Vikings

Comment

Originally posted by Lahela View Post
                              Can you be convinced if you get reviews? I know exactly where you're coming from about skipping eps with certain characters in, but if they make him the Rodney from SG1 instead of the SGA version (my sincere hope is that he's SG1 Rodney), would you reconsider?

So glad to hear you're enjoying SGU now, BTW
                              Yes I would reconsider if it was SG-1 McKay and not SGA McKay. But after talking with Jel I may watch the el and just fastforward or mute the McKay scenes. With any luck he won't be in the ep that much. I am glad I gave it another chance.
                              sigpic

Comment

Canada's Space station had an afterwards party of sorts at the end of season one. They had David Blue on. He was asked about working with David Hewlett and it sounds like it should be great to watch. For myself I can't wait to have Eli and Rodney on the same screen
                                Orphan Black: Join the Clone Club Dance Party!

Comment

Working...
                                X