Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm sorry, what was the topic again? You guys distracted me with all this talk of Hottt!Daniel in Subversion.
    sigpic
    Goodbye and Good Travels, Destiny!

Comment

Originally posted by carmencatalina View Post
      I'm sorry, what was the topic again? You guys distracted me with all this talk of Hottt!Daniel in Subversion.
      It was something about how all the crossovers have been terrible and and how there was no character development in SG1. We decided this was wrong, wrong, wrong and moved on to better subjects.

On topic, I've thoroughly enjoyed all the crossovers and am actually really sad that we're not going to see Jack on SGU this season. And while I'm not Atlantis fan, I've always enjoyed McKay in SG1 so I'm pretty excited to see him as well and I have no doubts his character will be just fine. Hewlett thinks they did a good job so I'm gonna trust him on this one.
      Originally posted by Callista
      Ahhh! Ashizuri can see into the future!!
      Originally posted by HPMom
      She saw the candle light as many things.

Comment

Do we know if there is any chance of seeing Sam again this season? I know it is unlikely, given that the actress is busy with her own series, but I'm always happy to see her.
        sigpic
        Goodbye and Good Travels, Destiny!

Comment

You people are so shallow
          Originally posted by aretood2
          Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Ashizuri View Post
            Y'know, at first I was all WTF regarding Daniel in Subversion (aside from the super hot thing) but then I decided that it works in my head because in my mind Daniel is now in Washington doing oversight and consulting and working with Jack and of course Jack would send some one he trusted in and there was a whole team of black-clad soldiers with him so I'm not even sure Daniel was in charge, he was just the lucky one who got bothered by Jack because that's sort of what they do.

How's that for handwaving and twisting the story to fit what I want?
            *nods thoughtfully* Impressive

Do we know if there is any chance of seeing Sam again this season? I know it is unlikely, given that the actress is busy with her own series, but I'm always happy to see her.
            Unfortunately I haven't heard anything. I think another Sam's cameo would be great, but as someone once put it "she's not essential to my SGU experience" I hope that at least she and Jack will be mentioned at some point but I'm also glad that they are used only when the storyline really calls for it, and not for the sake of having a crossover.

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
            You people are so shallow
            YES. Yes we are. And we are proud of it. *is proud* It doesn't matter how serious the discussion is, there's no such thing as wrong time or place to indulge in some thunking
            There's a good chance this opinion is shared by Ashizuri
            sigpic
            awesome sig by Josiane

Comment

Originally posted by Duneknight View Post
              character development in SG-1? i mustve been watching a different show.
              Yes, you must have been watching a different show.

Comment

Originally posted by n4rc1ssus View Post
                I read the new news on the crossovers with SGA to come. Then I got to the comments section ... specifically this one. This kind of comment honestly bothers me.

I thought that the O'Neill character was SPOT ON to the O'Neill we all know. He is now a general, and a higher general than we were left with at the end of SG1 and into SGA. MacGyver (sorry for the reference) has played and still plays the character perfectly; and, by what I've read of RDA's general personality, it really translates to Jack. How can anyone say that he ruined the character of Jack in SGU (IMHO).

Sam is now a completely different rank and has her own command ... and it just 'happens' to be command of the U.S.S. Hammond. If Carter doesn't make the decisions that Gen. Hammond used to make in response to adversity, even in dire straights, then she would not be worthy of commanding the vessel. Amanda would have to, even in the short time she has been on SGU, relay a much stronger (less emotional) mindset than she did in SG1. Just because she is a generally strong yet susceptible character in a PREVIOUS series of the franchise, does not mean that her cameos (or even pursuant roles) in the new series have to replay those character faults or even strengths, honestly.

Then we come to the Dr. Jackson appearances. I do believe that his cameos in episodes are very beneath the Daniel we all grew to love, BUT he is not a main character in this series ... NOR should he be. I personally love Shanks' contributions to SG1 but I don't think it would translate very well to the characters in SGU. In general he would definitely conflict with Rush's character in that Jackson is not a true scientist in the sense of the word, yet Rush is an experienced scientist/mathematician. If they were both together then there would be a conflict that the series could ill afford, especially a crossover with someone who is no longer a major player (though I would love Shanks there as a real-time contribution).

Okay enough ranting about it ... please tell me your ideas on the matter.

I like you comments on O'neil. Specifically him being a higher ranked general now.

With that said, isn't it a little odd a 2 star general calls on Eli Wallace at his house? Further more, isn't it odd Rush stays in the vehicle until it's verified it is TRULY Eli Wallace. WTF it's a 2 star general doing that? Isn't that beneath a generals duties.
                sigpic

Comment

I can't wait to see what they will do with Mckay in SGU. It will be interesting to see how much of McKay's personality will be left on SGU.

*McKay looking at the wiring under a console in engineering with Brody*
                  McKay:"What is that? A Kindergarden wiring school test?"
                  Brody:"Here on Destiny we are limited with what we have."
                  McKay:"You don't need a visit at Home Depot to do this."
                  *McKay pull a wiring from under the console and put it in another socket*
                  McKay:"Ok now we're ready, try it."
                  McKay:"Wait, wait...don't touch anything... I'll do it"
                  Currently watching: Dark Matter, 12 Monkeys, Doctor Who, Under the Dome, The Mentalist, The Messengers, The Last Ship, Elementary, Dominion, The Whispers, Extant, Olympus, Da Vinci's Demons, Vikings

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Zelix View Post
                    I can't wait to see what they will do with Mckay in SGU. It will be interesting to see how much of McKay's personality will be left on SGU.

That sounds perfect! i hope he has his charm
                    Save Stargate Resistance and Stargate Worlds, keep a part of the franchise alive! and read our blog

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Zelix View Post

I am hoping there will be banter like this in Seizure. Personally Mckay was my favorite SGA character so I was jumping up and down in joy to hear he was going to be on SGU. And I think they have done the crossovers very well so far. They give us enough of the character to satisfy us but without the show being completely about them. I am looking forward to Seizure next season. I want to see Rush and Mckay butt heads. (Even though David Hewlett and David Blue both hinted in their tweets that Eli and Mckay won't get along.)
                      sigpic

Comment

I loved McKay but I do feel that Hewletts acting ability may be shown up some in comparison to RC and some of the better ones in SGU. McKay was slightly cartoonish at times and although thats why I loved him in SGA, I am struggling to picture him in SGU at the moment.

Then again Hewlett will probably show me up massively and produce a performance relative to the mood of the show.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
                          I loved McKay but I do feel that Hewletts acting ability may be shown up some in comparison to RC and some of the better ones in SGU. McKay was slightly cartoonish at times and although thats why I loved him in SGA, I am struggling to picture him in SGU at the moment.

Then again Hewlett will probably show me up massively and produce a performance relative to the mood of the show.
                          David Hewlett is an amazing actor I believe he will make it so Rodney fits into the episode and the feel of SGU, but at the same time keeping the quarks of Rodney that we have grown to love.
                          sigpic

Comment

I believe in David Hewlett. He will be able to pull it off.

Comment

Its not Hewlett that concerns me. Its the writers giving the dialouge for McKay
                              Originally posted by aretood2
                              Jelgate is right

Comment

Well I've liked the cameos from other Stargate actors so far and after deciding to give SGU another chance to impress me it has. But I'm afraid this is one ep I won't be watching. I had more than enough of McKay on SGA, the last thing I want is for him to come over onto SGU. I really hope it's only the one time and not a recurring theme I'd hate to miss more eps because of him.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X