This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh yeah, I'm 100% with you there.

Everything is hinging on MGM's fate now.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
      Oh yeah, I'm 100% with you there.

Everything is hinging on MGM's fate now.
      only thing we can do now is hope and pray
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
        Lazy?

I'm going to assume that you intended no disrespect, and instead just misspoke. Let's not lash out at someone just because you're not getting what you want from them. The man scores both SGU and Sanctuary. He's probably too busy to make any official announcements. Or, better yet, there is no announcement to make. There is always the possibility of OSTs but if not decided either way, then there is no news, is there? Besides, things are a lot more complicated. Everything Stargate belongs with MGM. Even if Joel wants to release an OST he has to have their permission first.

Here, tide yourselves over with this guy's stuff:

http://www.youtube.com/user/baloznieks

Or...like he has no idea.

Seriously, what's so hard to understand about that? JM is a producer, he's a writer, he's not a musician nor does he deal in music rights.
        Yeah, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to insult Mr. Goldsmith. He does a really wonderful job and I understand that he's busy, but look at, for example, Bear McCreary. He does music for "Caprica" and "Human target" and still has a blog about it all. It would be just nice if Joel or someone from his team wrote on Freeclyde forum and said: "Yes, there will be a soundtrack, or No, no plans...". He and his people sometimes visit that forum and write here...why couldn't they do it...About JM...yes, of course, he's an exectutive producer, I can't imagine how much work he has to do every day, but he also has to talk with Mr. Goldsmith about the music...why couldn't he ask him...just "by the way"?

They are coming...Smurfs!

Comment

bear mccreary indeed is awesome

Comment

Originally posted by TENTHIUS View Post
            Yeah, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to insult Mr. Goldsmith. He does a really wonderful job and I understand that he's busy, but look at, for example, Bear McCreary. He does music for "Caprica" and "Human target" and still has a blog about it all. It would be just nice if Joel or someone from his team wrote on Freeclyde forum and said: "Yes, there will be a soundtrack, or No, no plans...". He and his people sometimes visit that forum and write here...why couldn't they do it...About JM...yes, of course, he's an exectutive producer, I can't imagine how much work he has to do every day, but he also has to talk with Mr. Goldsmith about the music...why couldn't he ask him...just "by the way"?
            Then I return to my assertion that there is no news to announce. It's not so nearly as black and white as yes or no. Last I saw, Joel and Co. were trying to make SG1/SGA soundtracks a reality, but the legalese is moving like molasses, as usual.

It's typical of these things. They can't say yes since nothing's confirmed, and they can't say no since there could be plans afoot that just hasn't been signed off by MGM yet. They're stuck in the middle, where there is no news.

Comment

Originally posted by TENTHIUS View Post
              You realise that it's not actually up to a composer to release work if it's licensed to someone else. MGM would own the copyright to the score since Goldsmith works for them. It's not up to anyone else other than MGM.

Comment

Originally posted by Puddle-Jumper View Post
                I really don't get why people seem to be so against the music in SGU, its great and very suitable for the setting... its not something thats been in Stargate before (on a regular basis) but they're trying to appeal to a broader market with SGU and this is definetly helping
                Im trying to start discussions on the emo music. Not for members who listen to movie scores all the time! There was this guy from work who listened to army marching music in his car all the time. Hes totally f**ked up!
                sigpic

Comment

The (over)use of the term 'emo' fits neatly into a Princess Bride quote from Inigo Montoya.

Comment

Originally posted by ellievee View Post
                    the (over)use of the term 'emo' fits neatly into a princess bride quote from inigo montoya.
                    inconceivable!

Comment

Ok .... so what the ***** is emo anyway? is this english? someone explain this to me.. if emo is this music? then emo sucks balls.
                      call it wizard bang opera music for all that I care
                      Last edited by fmbchris; 16 July 2010, 02:56 AM. Reason: I hate typing in the dark.... cant see my pencil
                      sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      X