Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fairly fast way to get there and back: retrofit wormholedrive into a BC-304, go via hyperspace to the edge of the milky way, go to to the edge of pegasus via wormhole drive, go to the oposite edge of pegasus via hyperspace, worhole from there to edge of the next, then hyperspace, then wormhole again, rinse repeat until Destiny is catch.

Would require a bunch of ZPM's, though. But less than Atlantis as the mass of a 304 is waaaay smaller, I believe. I doubt the physics of a wormhole drive is exactly like that of a Stargate, so size may count.

Anyway, it would be wise to put some DHD's at the edges of these galaxies to try some gate-gate-gate on the way back, and to help further exploration in the future.

Just tossing some ideas
    One Ring to rule the Dark Side
    sigpic
    Sith Nazghul

Comment

Originally posted by beire View Post
      Is it ever told that the gates can not dial further then a few gates because of the power requirements? Because it could also be that they are technical incapable of doing so?
      But if i think of it they should be capable with more power because it looks like the Destiny has the same type of gate and should be capable of dialing back if the Destiny is fixed to handle the huge amount of power.
      Well the 'first-gen' gates dont have DHDs, which provide both A) power to the gate to dial anywhere in the MW/Pegasus, and B) access to the DHD network. Maybe first-gen gates lack the ability to map stellar drift or to calculate wormhole equations for non-local connections?

Comment

Originally posted by GateroomGuard View Post
        I wouldn't want to anger them that much. Blowing up their planets on purpose and them being able to land a cargo ship on Earth no problem I'd be worried they'd start droping off naquadriah bombs afterwards.
        Imagine the havok it would cause if they dropped one of in the san andreas fault line..

Comment

Working...
        X