This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Solution To Helping Them On The Destiny

In one episode of SG 1 Anubis sent an asteroid to earth. On this asteroid, he had a Naquadah enriched nuclear bomb. This bomb would've reduced the earth to rubble if it struck. But the team used the Gaould ship to extend its hyperdrive field around the asteroid and had it phase through the earth where it exploded harmlessly into space.

Now, in the pilot episode of SG U they needed the power of an exploding Naquadah planet.

So it seems to me that the nuclear option could generate the power they need to reach Destiny from earth and get them home or send them supplies.

So we can take this one step further.

A ZPM has much more power than a nuclear bomb.

So why not just have a Naquadah enriched ZPM to provide the power they need for the Destiny?

How would you "Naquadah enrich" a ZPM?

Comment

Originally posted by Galileo_Galilee View Post
      In one episode of SG 1 Anubis sent an asteroid to earth. On this asteroid, he had a Naquadah enriched nuclear bomb. This bomb would've reduced the earth to rubble if it struck. But the team used the Gaould ship to extend its hyperdrive field around the asteroid and had it phase through the earth where it exploded harmlessly into space.

Now, in the pilot episode of SG U they needed the power of an exploding Naquadah planet.

So it seems to me that the nuclear option could generate the power they need to reach Destiny from earth and get them home or send them supplies.

So we can take this one step further.

A ZPM has much more power than a nuclear bomb.

So why not just have a Naquadah enriched ZPM to provide the power they need for the Destiny?
      A ZPM does not PRODUCE power. a ZPM is like a battery, it STORES power.
      Originally posted by Apostle's Message Redux
      Shepard understood. Given the situation, he wasn't sure that exposing the planet to this kind of secret was smart. Miranda had regaled him with stories of how horrible 20th century Earth sounded in her history lessons and it made him leery. "I agree, god knows what would happen if Grunt got loose."

Joker snorted and muttered loudly. "Run! It's The Incredible Hulk! Kill it with fire!"
      Read the story ---- Apostle's Message Redux, ME/SG Crossover

Comment

And there was no bomb in that asteroid apart from the one SG-1 put there.

Comment

And they needed a naquadria core planet. Naquadah isn't enough.
          I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.

Comment

Said this before.

Catch up to the seeder ships, configure things to make a larger gate like the Ori gate. Use the Destiny as a conduit to transfer solar power to power the gate and dial up the Ori gate in the Milky Way.

I got a question, do gates have to be the same size to dial into each other? Is there like a specific range of gate size so that they are able to connect? Cause remember that Orlin episode, he made one pretty small in Sam's basement and connected to the larger one in that planet.

Comment

Originally posted by jmoz View Post
              Said this before.

Catch up to the seeder ships, configure things to make a larger gate like the Ori gate. Use the Destiny as a conduit to transfer solar power to power the gate and dial up the Ori gate in the Milky Way.

I got a question, do gates have to be the same size to dial into each other? Is there like a specific range of gate size so that they are able to connect? Cause remember that Orlin episode, he made one pretty small in Sam's basement and connected to the larger one in that planet.
              yes gates have to be the same size, unless their are other circumstances e.g. black hole powered and nuke redirected. and as for your idea, youd have to stop destiny first, wht happens if you complete the gate and then destiny jumps away?

Comment

If you can't stop destiny then you wouldn't be able to complete the gate anyway.

Comment

Gates can dial from a smaller one to a larger one its been done twice

Orlins gate to a MW gate

A pegasus gate to the super gate

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWmw1u2to5M

Currently recruiting new staff

Comment

Originally posted by jmoz View Post
                    Said this before.

I highly doubt the seeder ships could be retrofitted McGyver style for this purpose (as opposed to properly retrofitting them in a shipyard) and in any case they can only produce very basic first generation gates, this template might not be suitable for larger gates
                    I'm an average viewer. As plain as they come. People make TV shows based on my demographic.

Million's of ZPM's, ZPM's for free! Millions of ZPM's, ZPM's for me!

Comment

Originally posted by Aragon101 View Post
                      A ZPM does not PRODUCE power. a ZPM is like a battery, it STORES power.
                      Actually no, it draws power from a self-contained region of subspacetime. It's much more like a generator than a battery.

Comment

Originally posted by KEK View Post
                        Actually no, it draws power from a self-contained region of subspacetime. It's much more like a generator than a battery.
                        But does it actually combust a fuel of some kind which can be enriched with Naqudah/Naquadria in order to 'produce' that energy? Aren't they more like rechargeable batteries in that case?
                        Originally posted by Apostle's Message Redux
                        Shepard understood. Given the situation, he wasn't sure that exposing the planet to this kind of secret was smart. Miranda had regaled him with stories of how horrible 20th century Earth sounded in her history lessons and it made him leery. "I agree, god knows what would happen if Grunt got loose."

Joker snorted and muttered loudly. "Run! It's The Incredible Hulk! Kill it with fire!"
                        Read the story ---- Apostle's Message Redux, ME/SG Crossover

Comment

Originally posted by KEK View Post
                          Well if you want to get technical, its more like a capacitor in that regard. The energy exists as a potential in the subspace bubble, just like a capacitor has a potential across its plates; the ZPM is just a conduit that allows that potential to release. Its not itself generating any energy, as far as we know, the way a generator does. You can't "refuel" a ZPM by pumping more "subspace" into it, for instance.

Of course the science of ZPMs is all technobabble, but based on the babble we've heard, battery is a better analogy than generator

As to the OP, a nuclear bomb/gate-buster/"ZPM on overload" or whatever have you are all explosive energies, which are much harder to harness.
                          Spoiler:
                          The explosion of Icarus wasn't necessary to dial Destiny, it was just an unfortunate side effect of the LA attack, or of incomplete calculations on Icarus II.
                          Likewise, we know it takes 3 ZPMs just to have full functionality for Atlantis. Its likely that the maximum power output of a ZPM is far too low to dial that far. Sure, if you had enough of them, it would work, but it's probably like trying to drive your Toyota Prius down the freeway on AA batteries.

Comment

Didnt uhm Ares? err that goauld that was bargaining with Baal and Oneill...
                            He fudged with the ZPM, and they said if they powered it up, KAAAABOOOM!!!
                            But then you got like .01 seconds to get through the gate?

Comment

I think Aragon is probably right. They're like a battery and they use some other device to gather the energy and put it in the ZPM. If it was a generator, they could've manipulated the ZPM to gather energy. But like a one time battery maybe, cause they're not recharged, are they? And they're able to overload the battery to explode apparently from that one replicator episode. Like a normal battery.

Comment

Working...
                              X