X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
    rush has his ipod. eli has him iphone. both with music
    My bet? They end up trying to see if they have any music in common. Rush is explaining the finer points of classical opera when Eli accidentally starts blaring Taylor Swift. Rush puts his head in his hands as Eli desperately tries to turn it off.

/kinoside
    Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
    Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

I petition against this petition.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
        rush has his ipod. eli has him iphone. both with music
        chloe has an iPod too

Comment

I like the montages, so that would be a no for me ....or a yes, de[ending how you word the question But montages, yes! Muzak, no!
          sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

*signed ....for musical episode!*
            sigpic

Comment

I dont mind them at the moment and you do get to see some cool stuff while the misic is playing. Its when they start poping up in every episode you gota start worrying.

Comment

Sorry man, but I like the music montages. Some parts may seem a tad heavy-handed at times, but most of the time they really add an emotional oomph to the short clips.

Don't worry though, you will make it, but only if you run.

Comment

They are definetly becoming overused.

At the end of Pain I was thinking that they played a song just to play a song.

Keep them for significent moments and it will be much better not just to finish off an episode where they had a bug problem.

Comment

I would also vote to leave them out. They don't do much, if anything, for me in most episodes....in fact sometimes it seems like they're there just as a lazy "out" for the writers to not have to come up with another minute of something for the characters to do. (i'm sure I'll be in the minority on that opinion)

Comment

Originally posted by major davis View Post
                      I petition against this petition.
                      You've got my vote.
                      sigpic

Comment

Apparently, people can't read. This was a thread created for a very specific purpose. If people had bothered to actually read the very first post, it said that if you do like the music montages, then do not post here; you were free to create your own thread to express you liking them.

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                          Deal. But when the ratings plumet (and they will) I get to blame you
                          Guaranteed that if there really WAS some crossover like this, the ratings would skyrocket as the many Glee fans jumped over for the night to watch it. Well...those with cable anyways

Hell, it could even increase the overall viewers if some of them stuck around afterward. As long as it was properly advertised on both stations. Omg...now TPTB HAVE to do this.
                          Sig by Pandora's Box
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Kaiphantom View Post
                            Apparently, people can't read. This was a thread created for a very specific purpose. If people had bothered to actually read the very first post, it said that if you do like the music montages, then do not post here; you were free to create your own thread to express you liking them.
                            Threads for an expressly pro- or anti-leaning are no longer allowed on GateWorld. We are simply sharing out opinion on the musical montages... and Glee to a lesser extent
                            Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                            Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
                              Threads for an expressly pro- or anti-leaning are no longer allowed on GateWorld. We are simply sharing out opinion on the musical montages... and Glee to a lesser extent
                              Nice didn't know that.

I had another account years ago and it was just horrible and made me cringe when moderators enforced those threads.

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
                                Interesting, I did not know that, either. I expected that threads would at least remain on-topic, but ah well.

Anyway, I suppose I should consider that the younger among the crowd would be easily drawn in with cheap pop music, regardless of how bad it clashes. They are probably the reason why SGU is trying to copycat the more modern teenybopper soaps. SG has changed from when I first watched it, heh.

I can remember back the very first episode, and how the producers stated that, in order to get it shown on Showtime, they had to show nudity in the first episode. They didn't like the blatant sexualization that they had to do, as they felt it detracted from the story. It's disheartening to see how far the current creators have diverged from their roots, and now are catering to the lowest common denominator. The masses do tend to follow after the cheap stuff, like sheep. What one show does, all must do, apparently.

Comment

Working...
                                X