This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jeffala View Post
    I have a hard time working with people that I don't trust, too, and my life's not even in any danger.

Perhaps Rush's poor behavior is what keeps Young from playing nicely with any of the scientists.

Sidebar: What was Rush going to do in a year's time when they had made no progress and it came out that the planet was a fake?
    Sorry, but what poor behaviour? Aside from lying, which was to boost morale, he's done nothing show that he's untrustworthy. Given how Young and the others behave towards him from the beginning, I'd say he's been treated like complete crap for a very long time.

Comment

Originally posted by Lightning Ducj View Post
      I think he was buying time, hoping something would come up and also dangling a carrot to get Young to let him put someone in the chair
      This was how I saw it too.

I don't think he wants to go home, he wants to be on the ship, but I don't think he would actively stop the others going home if the chance realistically arose. He's just not going to expend too much energy on making it happen, because while they are on the ship they're... well, on the ship.
      sigpic

Comment

the thing i really don't like about Stargate, is that everytime there is a new series, the people hardly know what a stargate even is! i feel like the military would have them take special training in the Stargate area. Infact i know they would. Plus Stargate is kind of a SF (special forces) thing so they would definitely be trained in the material before they were randomly sent off-world.
        Save Stargate Resistance and Stargate Worlds, keep a part of the franchise alive! and read our blog

Comment

Originally posted by Stargate Atlantis Girl View Post
          Do you think Rush wants to go home? People on the show, like young (i think) doesn't think he wants to go home. I think he kind of wants to get everyone home, but HE really doesn't want to go home, he wants to stay out there and explore, and learn new things.....
          What do you think?
          Well before I would have said that it didn't matter to Rush as he would be part of the new team that would go and explore Destiny. However, now that we've learned that Telford did not want Rush on that team anymore, I have a better understanding of Rush and his motives, maybe. Still, it makes things more obscure and complicated too, as now, I'm not really sure what Rush wants except surviving and exploring the Destiny to discover and unravel all its secrets.
          A black hole swallowed this sig pic.

Comment

Originally posted by Jper View Post
            Well before I would have said that it didn't matter to Rush as he would be part of the new team that would go and explore Destiny. However, now that we've learned that Telford did not want Rush on that team anymore, I have a better understanding of Rush and his motives, maybe. Still, it makes things more obscure and complicated too, as now, I'm not really sure what Rush wants except surviving and exploring the Destiny to discover and unravel all its secrets.
            I presume he doesn't want to go home because (a) there's nothing left for him there and (b) he knows he's been undermined so much that all TPTB back home wouldn't let him anywhere near the ship.

Comment

Originally posted by EllieVee View Post
              I presume he doesn't want to go home because (a) there's nothing left for him there and (b) he knows he's been undermined so much that all TPTB back home wouldn't let him anywhere near the ship.
              A: Actually, I would say we don't know he doesn't have anything to go back home too, not yet anyway, that's based on future spoilers... no?

B: Well, I think they would probably want him on the ship now, as he's now probably the leading scientist on the "Destiny project" as he has all this experience right now. I think the problem just lies with Telford being a complete jerk/idiot.

Comment

A: Actually, I would say we don't know he doesn't have anything to go back home too, not yet anyway, that's based on future spoilers... no?
                I would have appreciated spoiler tags for that.
                no means no, and so does pepper spray
                Sig by The Carpenter
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Girlbot View Post
                  Why? I didn't say anything spoiler-ish? Did I? Like I said, they are speculating about Rush having nothing to go too, but I'm thinking it's speculation on future spoilers, or just speculation, or actual future spoilers, but I don't know, that's why and what I was asking...

Okay?

Comment

Why? I didn't say anything spoiler-ish? Did I? Like I said, they are speculating about Rush having nothing to go too, but I'm thinking it's speculation on future spoilers, or just speculation, or actual future spoilers, but I don't know, that's why and what I was asking...

Okay?
                    OK. Sorry, it sounded like you knew from some spoiler. And I am completely spoiler free. Just watching the ep as it appears each week
                    Sig by The Carpenter
                    sigpic

Comment

OK. Sorry, it sounded like you knew from some spoiler. And I am completely spoiler free. Just watching the ep as it appears each week
                      Nope, I don't know/understand what they are talking about exactly. I think maybe the picture Rush had in Air, pt.1. or something else, I know there are some maybe related future spoilers, but it would still be speculation and all. So, I was asking how they had come with that...

Also, this might be a dangerous place, this thread if you want to stay spoiler free, as it has a spoiler warning in the title. Such threads are usually quite dangerous if you want to stay spoiler free.

Comment

Nope, I don't know/understand what they are talking about exactly. I think maybe the picture Rush had in Air, pt.1. or something else, I know there are some maybe related future spoilers, but it would still be speculation and all. So, I was asking how they had come with that...

Also, this might be a dangerous place, this thread if you want to stay spoiler free, as it has a spoiler warning in the title. Such threads are usually quite dangerous if you want to stay spoiler free.
                        I"ve managed so far. If it hasn't been shown in the UK yet We americans usually spoiler the ep
                        Sig by The Carpenter
                        sigpic

Comment

I'm speculating because generally, IMO, people don't go back to something when there's nothing for them to go back to.

B: Well, I think they would probably want him on the ship now, as he's now probably the leading scientist on the "Destiny project" as he has all this experience right now. I think the problem just lies with Telford being a complete jerk/idiot.
                          Ah, very good point. I have been assuming that Young has been the leader in the 'I hate Rush' stakes but it might well have been started by Telford.

No spoilers there. Repeating, I was speculating.

Comment

Interesting: Robert Carlyle's view of Rush.

Spoiler:
                            Rush might seem hardened or gruff, certainly antisocial, but Carlyle said he is not mean or vicious. "I think he's got a wicked sense of humor, but he keeps pretty much to himself," Carlyle said. "I don't think he's the kind of guy who takes pleasure in other people's discomfort or anything like that. He would be quite happy on his own. He's troubled in terms of his wife. His wife is dead, and he wasn't exactly there for her, and this is what caused an awful lot of Rush's problems. He's a very, very lonely man."

Comment

If it were me, I'd take no risks to return home. It's the most advanced ship we've come across, I'm staying.

Comment

Originally posted by morrismike View Post
                                If it were me, I'd take no risks to return home. It's the most advanced ship we've come across, I'm staying.
                                At the expense of everyone else? Lets say that your Rush and I’m a Marine on the ship, if after a while you seriously started stalling or undermining attempts to get home then I think that I’d apply a pair of pliers to some of your teeth to get you to be more “cooperative.” As it stands Rush is in danger of that happening to him anyway.

Comment

Working...
                                X