This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EllieVee View Post
    I think the word you're looking for is 'enigmatic'.
    I am full of worries, what the real word was, Ellie. And I'm not sure if I am ready to learn the answer
    sigpic

Comment

Nicholas Rush was born into a poor family, as his father worked in shipyards in Glasgow, and Rush was working two jobs until he earned a scholarship at Oxford. His research was hindered while he was married to his wife, Gloria Rush, however since her death, he has become more dedicated to science.
      http://stargate.wikia.com/wiki/Nicholas_Rush

I still think there are other ways of achieving his goal other than Destiny.

- Christine

Comment

Originally posted by lkg1980 View Post
        http://stargate.wikia.com/wiki/Nicholas_Rush

I still think there are other ways of achieving his goal other than Destiny.

- Christine
        I agree, but I think that since her death, he just became more obsessed with his job, to distant himself emotionally from his loneliness and emptiness he was experiencing.

I don't think that he seeks a solution for her death here. It may occured to him, but it's not driving him to this extent. I think he feels he failed somehow and want to prove himself, just to feel better. His attitude seems to be a form of brick-wall which he built around himself and this explains his unsocial behavior.

I hope that my post made sense, because it waspretty hard for me to explain things in English
        sigpic

Comment

we know he can freely travel through the Stargate and not have to worry about them leaving him behind because they need him and that he is very content about staying on board. wasn't he reading a book in his quarters before putting it down and running to the observation deck? I don't think he has a death wish. why didn't he choose a seat on the shuttle? was it out of guilt because his obsession with the 9th chevron got everybody stranded and ultimately would of led them to they're deaths or was it because he knew about the Destiny before hand. if the ladder is the case maybe traveling from galaxy to galaxy on the Destiny is the ultimate experience, the end game for a scientist. maybe his character will start to grow an obsession for the ship. could it really be that black and white?

- Christine

Comment

Originally posted by lkg1980 View Post
            we know he can freely travel through the Stargate and not have to worry about them leaving him behind because they need him and that he is very content about staying on board. wasn't he reading a book in his quarters before putting it down and running to the observation deck? I don't think he has a death wish. why didn't he choose a seat on the shuttle? was it out of guilt because his obsession with the 9th chevron got everybody stranded and ultimately would of led them to they're deaths or was it because he knew about the Destiny before hand. if the ladder is the case maybe it really is black and white maybe traveling on the Destiny is the ultimate end game for a scientist.

- Christine
            I think that he has some suspicions about Destiny charging-battery-system. He wasn't sure, so he wouldn't risk with so many lives. He excluded himself, because he was the one who brought them here. I think he's the type who wouldn't flee if there's a life-threatening problem, rather would stay and die trying. There is a tiny similiarity to McKay here, as they're both scientists and dedicated to their job ones.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Soledat View Post
              WHAT? I undestand that this is a speculation thread, but where did this come from?

Besides, please, separate your post with dots and commas, because it's difficult to read, especially for someone who doesn't speak English fluently.
              Dammit, can't green you for asking for punctuation!

Originally posted by Soledat View Post
              I think that he has some suspicions about Destiny charging-battery-system. He wasn't sure, so he wouldn't risk with so many lives. He excluded himself, because he was the one who brought them here. I think he's the type who wouldn't flee if there's a life-threatening problem, rather would stay and die trying. There is a tiny similiarity to McKay here, as they're both scientists and dedicated to their job ones.
              I will disagree with you, Soledat, on whether he knew. I think he seemed too surprised at not being dead. I do agree he wouldn't walk away, though, though perhaps it was more being stuck in the middle of nowhere that fazed him than getting them stuck there in the first place.

Comment

Rush is definitely hiding something. No idea what but it's one of the reasons I watch every week. I want to KNOW!

Comment

Dammit, can't green you for asking for punctuation!
                  Thanks! Punctuation helps people to understand some longer messages. It also prevent eyes from falling out of their sockets

I will disagree with you, Soledat, on whether he knew. I think he seemed too surprised at not being dead. I do agree he wouldn't walk away, though, though perhaps it was more being stuck in the middle of nowhere that fazed him than getting them stuck there in the first place.
                  I never said that he knew, I said that he had suspicions. And being not very optimistic, he opted for dying, that's why he was so surprised. But I think that he knew something
                  sigpic

Comment

Wow, they really made rush look like a poon in this last episode life.

Comment

Originally posted by jcainhaze View Post
                      Wow, they really made rush look like a poon in this last episode life.
                      Really? Cos I think he's the only sensible person on the ship. Young certainly hasn't got two brain cells to rub together and he seems to think that bullying people motivates them.

Comment

Really? Cos I think he's the only sensible person on the ship. Young certainly hasn't got two brain cells to rub together and he seems to think that bullying people motivates them.
                        The whole busted lying thing almost always makes someone look like a tard. Then the whole volunteering someone else to use the chair but wouldn't dare do it himself. Up until the end of Life I felt Young was wrong about Rush.

Comment

The whole busted lying thing almost always makes someone look like a tard. Then the whole volunteering someone else to use the chair but wouldn't dare do it himself. Up until the end of Life I felt Young was wrong about Rush.
                          I still think he is. I'm going to have to wait until I can see it on a proper screen but to me, a lot of what Rush says isn't in what he says, it's how he reacts and that reaction was all wrong for sheer cowardice.

Comment

I still think he is. I'm going to have to wait until I can see it on a proper screen but to me, a lot of what Rush says isn't in what he says, it's how he reacts and that reaction was all wrong for sheer cowardice.
                            Yes exactly. That's why I said he really looked like a poon after that ep. What a weener.

Comment

I'm totally on Rush's side. I'd happily let someone else risk their lives in the chair, but I wouldn't do it myself either. It's a clash of extreme curiosity and lust for knowledge, and a strong survival instinct. Also, using silly words like 'poon' and 'weener' really weakens your argument.

Comment

Yes exactly. That's why I said he really looked like a poon after that ep. What a weener.
                                Okay, so if it wasn't sheer cowardice, what, in your view, was it?

Comment

Working...
                                X