This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EllieVee View Post
    I think Rush only went through the gate with a backpack.
    The question is what was in it.

Comment

At least an iPod dock and a laptop.

Comment

Originally posted by EllieVee View Post
        At least an iPod dock and a laptop.
        and apparently a medicroe book
        Originally posted by aretood2
        Jelgate is right

Comment

Forgot about the book.

All stuff he probably had in his backpack from Earth.

Comment

Originally posted by belanna30 View Post
            I'll say that when I started watching the show, I was curious. I'll admit that SGA lost my interest towards the end. Now, watching SGU I am starting to like it more and more each week. My hubby (who hasn't liked the Stargate franchise since O'Neill stopped being a regular) LOVES the new show. I think he's found a kindred spirit in Eli. I think some of the characters need work (Chloe being the biggest offender in my mind) adding more depth. Truly though, Tamara I think has a lot of potential as well. I look forward to every new episode to see what happens next and think the new format is a breath of fresh air.
            It took me around 5 episodes to start really caring about what happened to the characters, but as with belanna30 I too am looking forward to every new episode.

Comment

Originally posted by HyperCaz View Post
              My opinion is that I'm still waiting for something to happen...
              I've probably been brainwashed by SG1 and SGA, but I keep expecting an external "bad guy" because I always thought of Stargate as having the "other" to fight against. For me, not having that just makes SGU pointless. And it needs more off-world episodes/time.

I know SGU is supposed to be more BSG-ish, but that kind of sci-fi bores me silly. So I guess I don't think of SGU as part of Stargate, because it lacks those things I loved about the other two shows.

and then... we get mindless Earth/body-swapping/angst/who-stole-the-extra-rations garbage.
              I totally agree with the above. I so wanted to love SGU because I miss SG1 and SGA, but for many reasons I just cannot get into it.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                and apparently a medicroe book
                No, you're wrong, it wasn't a mediocre book...

It was a TRUELY mediocre book

Anyway, my opinion is pretty much still the same, I watch it for the sake of watching it, if it got cancelled tomorrow or i never saw the second half of season 1, it wouldn't kill me or anything, just another "meh" that never gets resolved.

Comment

I want to like it, yes I do...but.... The problem isn't the "science", it isn't the ship or the predicaments they are in or the nick of time reprieves. No, it isn't anything like thar. It is simply because I don't give 2 cents for any of the characters. If one of them must die it is OK with me and it hardly matters which one. I still keep tuning in hoping that there will be some magical chemistry that will suddenly connect but for now it is just background noise while I work on my notebook.
                  Michael Shanks in Local Custom and Ben Browder in Interlopers

Comment

Originally posted by Count View Post
                    No, you're wrong, it wasn't a mediocre book...

It was a TRUELY mediocre book

Anyway, my opinion is pretty much still the same, I watch it for the sake of watching it, if it got cancelled tomorrow or i never saw the second half of season 1, it wouldn't kill me or anything, just another "meh" that never gets resolved.
                    That seems to be an ongoing critique in the TV magazines, plus the fact that as far as rumours can be believed, there may be a complete re-draft of the direction they're gong with it. Some of the TPTB are not overly happy with viewer response, the figures are ok, but apparently they don't like the feedback they have been getting
                    My FF.netStories -Stargate Atlantis Allies-Colonel Ted Hasluck Bio
                    sigpic "Weedle" 27/09/1987-16/09/2010 RIP Soldier

Comment

Originally posted by puddlejumperOZ View Post
                      That seems to be an ongoing critique in the TV magazines, plus the fact that as far as rumours can be believed, there may be a complete re-draft of the direction they're gong with it. Some of the TPTB are not overly happy with viewer response, the figures are ok, but apparently they don't like the feedback they have been getting
                      Source?
                      Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                        Source?
                        No mustard, I don't like source

Local TV magazines, TV Week and TV Fan

Comment

No mustard, I don't like source

Local TV magazines, TV Week and TV Fan
                          Maybe we'd be entitled to get, you know, a quote or one of those fancy things called links?
                          ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

They’ve said nothing of this of any kind. They’ve said that the direction changes in the second half of the season which is what often happens in arc based shows, they follow the needs story and can often change in style, formula and pacing over seasons. Also even if they wanted to change the back half of the season because of viewer response they couldn’t, because they had already filmed the majority of the season when it began to air. The changed was planned, they’re following the style of the shows like the Wire, introducing the characters and the world they live in the early episodes before the starting the meat of the story.

Comment

Originally posted by The Mighty 6 platoon View Post
                              They’ve said nothing of this of any kind. They’ve said that the direction changes in the second half of the season which is what often happens in arc based shows, they follow the needs story and can often change in style, formula and pacing over seasons. Also even if they wanted to change the back half of the season because of viewer response they couldn’t, because they had already filmed the majority of the season when it began to air. The changed was planned, they’re following the style of the shows like the Wire, introducing the characters and the world they live in the early episodes before the starting the meat of the story.
                              They were not talking of the second half, they were talking about the shows future

Comment

They were not talking of the second half, they were talking about the shows future
                                Which means nothing until you provide some proof of your claim.
                                Jelgate is right

Comment

Working...
                                X