Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i say that there will be huge hole in a wall with a hologram (that would be cool)(in the ship, who knows about seeded gates)
    ...science/physics/universe can't tell good from bad, which means that both concepts are abstract and don't matter... don't be afraid of acting on this knowledge...

Comment

Maybe there won't be any chevrons, thus depriving us all of one argument while providing us with another.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
        Maybe there won't be any chevrons, thus depriving us all of one argument while providing us with another.
        Hmm...

Interesting idea.
        sigpic
        Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
        To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
        And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Originally posted by metabog View Post
          Well I would personally like the gates to be metallic looking like the SG-1 gates, but with either completely white lights or deep violet ones (not pink, ugh).

In fact, I'm actually hoping they will set a more mysterious color scheme. I really liked it when they brought Atlantis to the new planet after First Strike and the colours were all violet and twilight-like, really strange and mysterious, but then they just went back to the Lantean normal blue skies and ocean. A subtle color scheme can really set the mood for a show or movie.

I don't mind if the gates they find on planets looks just like normal ones, but it would be cool to have the one on the ship really special looking. I am also hoping they make a memorable looking set and ship, the Ancient ships we've seen so far were a bit bland, to be honest.
          what wrong with my pink idea..lol

Comment

OK Well in SG-1 we got the Gate from the MOVIE .. Then in SG-A we got a new Gate .. Do you think in SG-U will get a newer Gate . Some different kind of design ..

Comment

I say it would be an old gate
              Originally posted by aretood2
              Jelgate is right

Comment

Given the Destiny is supposedly even older than Atlantis, probably an older model gate.

Comment

I think the gate on the Destiny will be unique.
                  Different form both SG1 and SGA.

Comment

Of course, it is a good question. I'd love to see a gate not confined to the design of a metallic ring, but rather have a circle of energy spout the wormhole. Maybe in the next Stargate spinoff.
                    sigpic

Comment

Here's a notion - what if the new gate was organic technology?

Sort of looking like it was grown rather than built. A kind of coral effect like the TARDIS console room in Dr. Who.

Yes? No?
                      sigpic
                      Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
                      To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
                      And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

I also think the Destiny gate should look unique. However I want the same color scheme as the original Stargates. Also, the Stargates that are being seeded should be the same as original Stargates IMO.

Never liked the Atlantis gate design.

Comment

Originally posted by BruTak View Post

Sort of looking like it was grown rather than built. A kind of coral effect like the TARDIS console room in Dr. Who.

Yes? No?
                          Well this is going to be a pretty expensive show so maybe TPTB will rent out the Who set! That would actually be really cool! Just put a gate where the door is!
                          sigpic
                          Ten Years, A Lot Of Enemies, A Presumed Death, A Complete Back Story Rewrite....But Still Looking Good!

Comment

silver gate, white or blue lights. somewhat half-digital. though i like the lights, it should be as robust as a MW one

Comment

I think they said SGU will have a bigger budget than SG-1/SGA, so its very likely they'll make a new, unique stargate/prop for the new show, personaly i'd like the purple ones

Covering up scandals and keeping secrets is almost a racial trait.

Isn't it funny how the word 'politics' is made up of the words 'poli' meaning 'many' in Latin, and 'tics' as in 'bloodsucking creatures’?

Comment

Originally posted by BruTak View Post

Yes? No?
                                I don't think the ancients would've copied the wraith in growing their tech not building it.
                                SGU =Awesome!!!
                                Hope it stays as good...
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X