Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm all for hot pink. Or how about that puke green color that's becoming so popular with cars these days?
    That is just my two cents.

Comment

My preferred choices for SGU gate (chevron light) colours
      • Green
      • Violet / Purple
      • White
      I agree with Flying Officr Bennett in that it's probably older Ancient (if it was sent out/made way before Atlantis).

I was thinking the Destiny might be the pre-cursor to a city-ship (if it's supposedly huge & capable of supporting a crap-load of scientists/explorers, etc - it is on a 'never-ending' mission remember. . . ), or something similar to?

I also wanna see the GateShip (as I am calling it) which cretes & seeds Stargates; that would be hella cool (not to mention we finally get to see how Stargates are offically created! ).

I also wonder if they will have Puddle Jumpers &/or if the ships power source is a bunch of ZPM's like Atlantis or something else? Any bets on dead Ancients aboard the ship?

Also wonder if the Destiny maps out known Stargate routes in the galaxies it seeds & then inputs into the ship's computer for the pre-programmed naviation schedule we've heard about (also seems like a good plot device that TPTB can use to rotate the characters every so often without copping fan-base flack )?

Comment

check out my new sig
        Last edited by Andromeda Galaxy; 24 August 2008, 07:04 PM.
        SGU =Awesome!!!
        Hope it stays as good...
        sigpic

Comment

one color BLAZE ORANGE!!!!
          sigpic

Comment

IN photography, the true primary colour spectrum is red, blue and green. So for this reason it would be cool if the Universe gates have green chevrons.

I also agree that Mily Way style rotating bevel gates make more sense than the "newer" digital gates which are an Atlantis (post the launch of the Destiny) staple. This leaves the question, if so many gates have been littered all over the place, what co-ordinate or glyph symbols are used? The Universe is pretty big!

Of course, we may find that the gates change colour from galaxy to galaxy after all. - The gate props could have translucent chevron covers, with different colour gells added for the appropriate galaxy network. - Oh crap, its an inter-galactic tube / subway system in the making!!

This leads to another question - if the ninth chevron can dial the Destiny, does that mean ANY stargate can do so if juiced up with enough power? - Earth, Atlantis, Othala?
            Last edited by Thunderbird 2; 24 August 2008, 07:10 PM.
            Converting a human body into energy and sending it millions of light years through a wormhole. Bloody insanity!
            Come on, how often do you get the chance to go to an alien planet?

I was a'ready on an alien planet!

- Poisoning the Well, Atlantis Season 1.

Comment

Purple would be nice. Green would make sense in a primary colors way, but I don't think I could stomach all the gloating and/or whining about how Stargate: Horizon has green chevrons.

Comment

Originally posted by Thunderbird 2 View Post
                Of course, we may find that the gates change colour from galaxy to galaxy after all. - The gate props could have translucent chevron covers, with different colour gells added for the appropriate galaxy network. - Oh crap, its an inter-galactic tube / subway system in the making!!
                I am assuming this as well. I am thinking that if the ship is designed to be smart enough to create gates and place them on planets automatically without "sentient" contact, then the main computer core must be able to design the color, look, etc. of the gate based on the galaxy. I mean according to the description of SGU, they may go through a few galaxies, not just one, so I am thinking we may see a variety colored gates.

I would like to see the Destiny ship gate be a white gate with silver chevrons (which would be unique specifically for the ship and the ship only) and then the other gates will have a variety of colors. I am assuming if I am on track with my assumption, the first galaxies gates are gonna be green, but that is only speculation on my part.

Only time will tell, but I think green is the first type of color we will see.

There are no regrets. Thank you Brad Wright and everyone else for SGU,
                and the amazing Stargate franchise in general.

Comment

I hope they will keep the old stargate form, so they won't make futuristic gate systems or only supergate network for big ships. I don't know how often will they enter into other galaxy, but I hope they will keep the "one color to one galaxy" rule.
                  Last edited by Platschu; 24 August 2008, 09:29 PM.
                  "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

This ship was sent out long before the Ancients went to Pegasus. I think they sent out the gate seeding ship after they arrived in milky way, it seeded the milky way with gates then other galaxies including the Asgard galaxy(if you remember the Asgard galaxy had milky way type gates) but not making it to Pegasus. Then when the Ancients went to Pegasus they set up the gate network with the new updated version of the gate.

Comment

silver gate, light blue, orange, or white chevrons. i hope the gates are bigger, and i hope it has a gate capable weapon

Comment

I HOPE FOR GREEN!!!!!

For Wraith, hunger burns like a fire.

Tell me, Sheppard, if you found yourself burning alive, would you settle for just one drop of water ...

....... or would you take more?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett View Post
                          Wait Wait Wait.

The show's DARKER remember.

So... Black light.

Which would technically be purple wouldn't it?
                          || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

GREEN! that's what I hope at least! Anything in the red orange yellow is too similar to SG1 for me
                            sigpic

Comment

My vote is on the traditional red chevrons, or make a compromise: blue chevrons, but not on a digital gate. I LOVED the original concept for the Atlantis Stargate which made me a little disappointed about the final version:

sigpic

Well, not anymore... Good bye Atlantis!

Comment

what original concept?

Comment

Working...
                                X