Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wait, I thought the Stargates in the Pegasus were created out of something else, they never mention Naquada in PG. If that is true, would it stand to reason that a stargate can be created from other materials?
    "I didnt see you in church last sunday, were you there?"
    "Yes, I was there."
    "Oi, I didn't see you, I was juss worry apout you"
    "Is dat your chob?! You sit and coun da beople in the churg and not in da churg"
    "No I was chus wondring"
    "Maybe if I win the Lotto Ill make heaps of money and puy you a life"

Comment

Orlin managed to make one wothout naquadah so it seems reasonable that they could make it out of other materials
      check my story's:
      Battlestar group 16
      and Under Siege
      and respond at:
      Battlestar group 16 (For BSG 16 and Under siege)
      my newest story:
      TFS Ticonderoga
      and respond at:
      TFS Ticonderoga

Comment

Originally posted by ASAKATA View Post
        Wait, I thought the Stargates in the Pegasus were created out of something else, they never mention Naquada in PG. If that is true, would it stand to reason that a stargate can be created from other materials?

Actually they have mentioned that pegasus gates use Naquada as well. SG Atlantis S05E11, Zelenka says: "Mm. the gates are made of naquadah."

and if u remember, Orlin's gate worked just once. Meaning that naquadah is probably really important for Stargates to keep working stable for long time.

and i believe that the ship can create those stargates with similar technology that Merlin used to create the Sangraal weapon (his device created Sangraal from 'nothing'). That device probably can creat automatically unlimited number of stargates.

Even Asgard had similar technology (SG1- S10E20), so of cource Ancient have been able to create that kind of technology. I mean, they were by far more smarter and advanced than Asgards

Comment

Originally posted by bfldworker View Post
          From everything I have read about Stargate Universe. It seems that this ship was sent before Atlantis was built. If it has matter conversion technology. Wouldn't you think it would have shown up somewhere in either SG1 or Atlantis?

There may be terraforming involved being almost every gate that is Planetside is on a planet that is Minshara class (Star trek I know, but Scientists here and now are using it).

There are a TON of questions surrounding SGU that everyone wants to know the answers to and we can only guess until they are answered in the show (if ever)
          atlantis HAS matter conversion tech thats how mckay made the nanites for f.r.a.n

Comment

One stargate onboard Destiny. As for the advance ship, we'll see in the premiere. Now I wonder if Destiny has a DHD or a different kind of computer system. It seems like from what I've read that they can go to planets with new gates from Destiny but they can't back to old ones.

Comment

Originally posted by Arwis View Post
              I think different gate colors is just made for fun of the show. Because the IDA's galaxy gates is same as MW(the fifth race episode)
              the kilkey way and asgard galaxy gates ore older (think about it) both gates are analoggue dialers where the gate spins to encode each shevron whereas the pegasus and ori gates are more sleek digital dialers (there thinner 2) perhaps these are examples of mk1 and mk2 gates perhaps the purple gate is a prototype built for the destiny or it may be a mk3 gate. maybe the mark2 gate has a better sixs hevron range and use less power. if the purple gate is a prototype this may be why the expodition is stuck with the dstinys course (the prototype gat can only make an outgoing conection at extream close range) it can be dialed from anywhere but cant dial far

Comment

matter converters cost to much energy to make gates is my guess.
                only to keep the ship active for so long jumping in and out of hyperspace for centuries must be power by like 500 zpm's (ok maby 10 but still much)

Comment

Yes that's a good point how do they keep the ship powered if it's still doing it's job after ten thousand years. Do they have like a Project Arcturus on it or something?

Comment

Originally posted by Gmandex View Post
                    Yes that's a good point how do they keep the ship powered if it's still doing it's job after ten thousand years. Do they have like a Project Arcturus on it or something?
                    It is doubtful, because Project Arcturus was developed after, and I mean way after that experiment began, possibly millions of years AFTER. Maybe an energy source which was a precurser to the ZPM? Maybe energy harvested from natural phenomena along the way. Cant wait to find out though
                    Last edited by ASAKATA; 03 November 2008, 04:16 PM. Reason: stupid mistake
                    "Yes, I was there."
                    "Is dat your chob?! You sit and coun da beople in the churg and not in da churg"
                    "No I was chus wondring"

Comment

My bet is that the ship harvests interstellar hydrogen and hydrogen from any gas giant planets it comes across to power a fusion reactor.
                      It would need to have massive storage tanks for the long trips between galaxies though.
                      What's the deal with the retardedly huge sigs?!
                      Spelling correction by Gen Blue

Comment

Good thought, which brings me to a question, and it might be dumb, but in the grand scheme of things, Is the power from a fusion reactor less advanced than a ZPM, dont laugh, Im just not sure. I cant remember which one our scientists cannot achieve but could be the solution to all the worlds problems, Nuclear Fusion or Fission, I think its the latter
                        "Yes, I was there."
                        "No I was chus wondring"

Comment

Fission is the one used in nuclear power plants, I'm pretty sure fusion has been achieved too, but it's just always taken more power to achieve than it's produced.

Comment

Now Im confused, what is the Suns method of energy production, this is the the energy production I was talking about, Clean energy that is supposed to be the cheapest to produce?
                            "Yes, I was there."
                            "No I was chus wondring"

Comment

Never mind, google is awesome, its fusion
                              "Yes, I was there."
                              "No I was chus wondring"

Comment

Originally posted by ASAKATA View Post
                                Now Im confused, what is the Suns method of energy production, this is the the energy production I was talking about, Clean energy that is supposed to be the cheapest to produce?
                                Hydrogen bonds together under intense gravitational pressure, and forms various types of helium. The helium can combine together to make heavier kinds of matter... During this process large amounts of energy are released. Fusion is regarded as perhaps the only process where more energy is produced then is put in.

Comment

Working...
                                X