This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Arwis View Post
    Atlantis gates were build million of years later then original ones, so I think that ancients just updated gate seeding machine, thats way atalntis gates does not have iner circle which moves. It's like Stargate v2.0 and NOTHING special about color.

To those who thinks that different color = range, so please explain why gates within pegasus all are blue? Planets are closer then galaxies, so for short range there should be red gates.

Anyway I expect that when team arives to destiny(or w/e it's called) there should be old design gates like in MW. Or even older design gates like beta gates.

Just because there have been no mention of visual indication of an orange colored shevron milky-way system gate(other than the pegasus project!!)
    doesn't mean there aren't any.

Just saying... do not be so... skeptical.
    sigpic
    i know this is an overstatement and untrue to the show, but i still think its funny kinda

Comment

Originally posted by quade_1 View Post
      hows about this for a gate?
      http://fc35.deviantart.com/fs24/f/20..._Mallacore.jpg

Mallacore is a talented 3D modeller, here is my favorite one
      http://fc86.deviantart.com/fs25/f/20..._Mallacore.jpg
      excalibur be the shiz!!!!!!
      sigpic
      i know this is an overstatement and untrue to the show, but i still think its funny kinda

Comment

Maybe the Ida galaxy is one of the satellite galaxies of MW galaxy. If the Ida galaxy is relatively close to the MW it would explin why the Asgard were so involved in the affairs of the MW, and why the gates are the same.
        sigpic

Comment

Technically the MW Stargates and indeed the PG stargates to a greter or lesser degree are not made int their entirety of metal, they as you will probbly know are made of stone, the Naquahdah mineral that the Ancients discovered could work as a conductor of great power.
          Is it possible that the glowing of the Chevrons of which their are 9 on the outer circumference of the Gate are said mineral conducting power from the other corrosponding gate and being apmlified as a visual glow at these points, now since the materials maye well differ slightly in the PG galaxy the Chevrons appear blue, also the colouration of the gate ring itself is the result of either alloyed materials of Naquahdah with something else.

On a side note, the PG gates don't seem from what I have seen, to have any special advantage over the MW gates even though they are newer and funky looking lol.

It's a shame they never went into too much detail as to what made the Gates, obviously we are not looking at some variation of metalurgy wherin the composition of the metals infused with Naquahdah gives off a similar glow in the same fashion as burning metals:

ie. copper burns green in which case a copper alloyed gate for whatever reason could glow green and be a rather detrimental electrical conductor to outside lightning but a good coduction of heat also.

If they really want to get tech savvy with the Stargate then why not have the symbols on the actual stargate be a visual display as opposed to a spinning or rotating analogue system, the symbols can be updated and chnaged where ever needed, also the DHD for the sake of being showy and tech savvy, not to mention blow a huge hole in the production budget of the show be a touch screen system wherin the Symbols on the can be viewed in 3D interactive and with a very clever corrosponding Starmap along side it, to show exacly where the location of the other gate is, since many subsequent civilisations powerful or capable enough use Hyperdrive and map the stars anyway...it only makes sense to fuse the two technologies anyway...the merging of two eras, one the analogue and tried and tested method of on foot Stargate travel, and the follow on advancement to powerful Starships?

Just a though
          sigpic
          In brightest day, in darkest night,

No evil shall escape my sight

Let those who worship evil's might,

Beware my power...Green Rep-Points light!

Comment

Originally posted by quade_1 View Post
            hows about this for a gate?
            http://fc35.deviantart.com/fs24/f/20..._Mallacore.jpg

Mallacore is a talented 3D modeller, here is my favorite one
            http://fc86.deviantart.com/fs25/f/20..._Mallacore.jpg

..... the fenrir and the pheonix are friggin vindicators from Wing Commander...

and the smalles ship is just a friggen bearcat

nice detail though

Comment

Why do you keep saying Ida gates? We only ever saw one gate from the Ida galaxy. For all we know, that particular gate was given to the Asgard by the Ancients when they met in the planet of the four races shown on Torment of Tantalus. If there was a gate system throughout the Ida galaxy, the Asgard would have had no need of advancing their hyperspace technology so far.

Comment

well i have seen yellow and purple chevrons on some sgu concept art so we will just have to wait and see

Comment

Originally posted by rsanchez View Post
                  Why do you keep saying Ida gates? We only ever saw one gate from the Ida galaxy. For all we know, that particular gate was given to the Asgard by the Ancients when they met in the planet of the four races shown on Torment of Tantalus. If there was a gate system throughout the Ida galaxy, the Asgard would have had no need of advancing their hyperspace technology so far.
                  Thats actually very true....
                  I dunno what to put in here now..

Comment

i hope they are green, i think it would go well with some of the concept art ive seen.
                    sigpic

Comment

So I was wondering...Is there going to be a massive cargo bay aboard the Destiny (or the ship ahead of it planting the Stargates) full of pre-Fabricated agtes, or will the ship(s) have the ability and intelligence (Onboard AI??) to mine Naquedah and fabricate Stargates from the raw materials?

Comment

It synthesizes raw Naquadah from other base metals from the planet its going to leave the Stargate at.
                        http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

I would imagine they would have to locate planets or other celestial bodies with the raw materials to extract, and the ship would do the fabrication. Or maybe the ship can convert any type of matter into Naquedah. I also wonder if there will be any terra-forming involved.

Comment

Or it has a matter converted.

Comment

From everything I have read about Stargate Universe. It seems that this ship was sent before Atlantis was built. If it has matter conversion technology. Wouldn't you think it would have shown up somewhere in either SG1 or Atlantis?

There may be terraforming involved being almost every gate that is Planetside is on a planet that is Minshara class (Star trek I know, but Scientists here and now are using it).

There are a TON of questions surrounding SGU that everyone wants to know the answers to and we can only guess until they are answered in the show (if ever)
                              Spins and turns, angles and curves, the shape of dreams half remembered. Slip the surly bonds of Earth and touch the face of perfection. A perfect face, a perfect lace, find a perfect world for the end of Kara Thrace.
                              End of line.

Comment

I all ways assumed the first ship was just full of stargates. But now that I think about it. It would have to have some way of creating gates to go for a really long period of time.

Comment

Working...
                                X