This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Link Æwondåslåmon View Post
    Only if they were actively searching for it.
    wouldnt something like that be emitting so much in the way of energy signitures that it couldnt possibly be miss'd

Comment

Originally posted by toby1kanobi View Post
      wouldnt something like that be emitting so much in the way of energy signitures that it couldnt possibly be miss'd
      it wouldn't be emitting any energy signatures if it were inactive

Comment

Originally posted by haloplayer View Post
        Maybe the Ancients on this Mars Base was researching on Portal Technology. The humans (from Earth) populate the Ancient base and continue with the Ancients work on Portals. It seems like the Ancients were trying to make a superior more effective Portal Technology then the Stargate, maybe the Portals could reach other Dimensions.

SUDDENLY

There is a portal malfunction and a portal from an Alternate Dimension which is Hell opens up releasing HORDES of DEMONS into the Facility and turning many of the human members of the Base into Zombies.

A lone member of the Facility (his name is not given) who was not killed in the first attack runs into the armory and picks up a P-90. Once stocking up on Weapons he turns to face the Nightmare....ALONE.

"Doom Theme"
        thats a quantum mirror!!

Comment

that would be cool to see

ATLANTIS FOREVER

Comment

Camille Wray. Also in last week’s report, she is an accountant with the I.O.A. — the international organization with oversight of the Stargate program. After the base is attacked and everyone is evacuated through the Stargate to the Destiny, Wray is furious that they were not told that they were evacuating there instead of to Earth. Their supplies are
            Think that kinda Confirms that the base isn't on Mars, as they wouldn't have been able to dial Earth if they were. As a member of the I.O.A, Wray would know that.

Originally posted by quade_1 View Post
            The X-304 is a big ship, when the Daedalus landed beside Atlantis it fit between the piers. The entire hangar bay of the Destiny would have to be about the size of Atlantis, which would make a gigantic ship.
            Not so. The 304's aren't that big, their somewhere between 200 - 250 meters long. Compare that to the Galactica which is about 1400 meters long, or the Star Destroyers from Star Wars that are about 1600 meters long.
            The Doctor: [leafing through a teen magazine] That won't last. He's gay and she's an alien.

Carter: You saying that it could be boobytraped?
            Teal'C: Booby?

May the Force Be With You

Comment

Originally posted by JedI Master of the Gate View Post
              Think that kinda Confirms that the base isn't on Mars, as they wouldn't have been able to dial Earth if they were. As a member of the I.O.A, Wray would know that.
              But they had dialed the ninth chevron and left the wormhole open, while studying the readings from the gate they came under attack and were forced to go through. Once on the other side, they find themselves not on Earth, which is were the IOA committee member assumed they were going. Then she becomes furious that she was not told they were evacuating to Earth.

Not so. The 304's aren't that big, their somewhere between 200 - 250 meters long. Compare that to the Galactica which is about 1400 meters long, or the Star Destroyers from Star Wars that are about 1600 meters long.
              I am not sure the specifics of the Daedalus class ship. But when it landed inside the Atlantis pier, it almost took up all the room. So the only thing I can compare Daedalus class ships to is Atlantis, which is massive. Since a Daedalus class ship is about 1/4 the size of Atlantis, it would have to be a huge hangar bay to fit it in there. Which would put the Destiny to be roughly the same size as the city of Atlantis. Millions of years prior to Atlantis with less technology would be an enormous ship.

Comment

But they had dialed the ninth chevron and left the wormhole open, while studying the readings from the gate they came under attack and were forced to go through. Once on the other side, they find themselves not on Earth, which is were the IOA committee member assumed they were going. Then she becomes furious that she was not told they were evacuating to Earth.
                If they had a base on Mars, the normal Stargate Network wouldn't be able to reach it as it would be too close to the Earth Gate. As a member of the I.O.A, Wray would have already had a Gate Travel 101 before she went off world, not only that but wouldn't it kinda be obvious that they were going to the Destiny and not Earth if they go through a gate they've just connected to the destiny.

I am not sure the specifics of the Daedalus class ship. But when it landed inside the Atlantis pier, it almost took up all the room. So the only thing I can compare Daedalus class ships to is Atlantis, which is massive. Since a Daedalus class ship is about 1/4 the size of Atlantis, it would have to be a huge hangar bay to fit it in there. Which would put the Destiny to be roughly the same size as the city of Atlantis. Millions of years prior to Atlantis with less technology would be an enormous ship.
                According to the Stargate Wiki the BC-304 Class ship is somewhere between 200 and 245 meters long. Now I'm not saying that the Destiny will have a hanger bay that can fit a 304, I'm only saying that the 304's are quite small compared to other Sci-fi ships
                The Doctor: [leafing through a teen magazine] That won't last. He's gay and she's an alien.

Carter: You saying that it could be boobytraped?
                Teal'C: Booby?

May the Force Be With You

Comment

If they had a base on Mars, the normal Stargate Network wouldn't be able to reach it as it would be too close to the Earth Gate. As a member of the I.O.A, Wray would have already had a Gate Travel 101 before she went off world, not only that but wouldn't it kinda be obvious that they were going to the Destiny and not Earth if they go through a gate they've just connected to the destiny.
                  Isn't she just an IOA accountant?

What I meant to say was Dr. Rush's team connects a wormhole while the SGU team is giving a tour around the base. Just after it connects they come under attack and unable to contact Odyssey, they head to the gateroom. Assuming everyone had already dialed Earth and went through, they follow. Only to find themselves onboard the Destiny.

Comment

they may not be able to dial earth cos it is a gate in our solar system, the whole ninth chevron thing may be to dial a second local gate (7 chevrons local galaxy, 8 chevrons different galaxy, 9 chevrons a second gate in our local sysem) thay may have found the nine symbol local address for mars but may not have a similar address for earth OR the gate recieves any connection but can only dial out to one address (think prototype gate), it makes no sense that the millitary would evacuate to the destiny which is at that time an unknown entity that may be as far as they know even worse than where they are, they would evacuate to the sgc.

i dont subscribe to the mars theory but this is how it may work if it was mars

Comment

I thought they used red because blue and green were already used...

Comment

Originally posted by vjlax18 View Post
                        I thought they used red because blue and green were already used...
                        they could have used any other color, or they could have gone back to the green. Then they could say that the one the Asgard had before was a ninth chevron compatible gate.

Comment

Please keep this thread pertaining to the discussion and relation of Mars to the new series.

So with the new promo that followed the SGA finale, showing a cracked earth and gate with red chevrons. I was thinking it could be somehow related to the planet Mars.

A secret Ancients' base is discovered on Mars and a small team is sent aboard the Odyssey to investigate. Among those sent mostly science officers and a medic. When they arrive on Mars, they discover an Ancient laboratory, used to build and distribute Stargates, and an attempt to colonize Mars. When looking around they discover a stargate, different however, with red chevrons and different glyphs. They discover they are able to dial nine chevrons, and the IOA sends a delegation to oversee the event. An IOA member, and his daughter, arrive just in time as the ninth chevron is dialed. Meanwhile, the hive ship from "Enemy At The Gate" comes out of hyperspace and detects the active Stargate on Mars. Coming under attack the team is left with no option but to enter the wormhole and face whatever lies ahead.
                          Isn't that the entire premise of Doom 3? Except for the Hive ship.

The movie and game follow the same story of a project unleashing hell on Mars.

"Doom 3 is set in 2145 on Mars, where a military-industrial conglomerate has set up a scientific research facility to develop fields such as teleportation, biological research and advanced weapons design. However, the teleportation experiments inadvertently open a gateway to Hell, resulting in a catastrophic invasion by demons. The player, an anonymous space marine, must fight through the base and find a way to stop demons from Hell attacking Earth"

Comment

Skipping to the end, I'll just say I like the concept of this theory. Not sure the timing of it is perfect, but having an Ancient base on Mars is pretty cool.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Finger13 View Post
                              Isn't that the entire premise of Doom 3? Except for the Hive ship.

The movie and game follow the same story of a project unleashing hell on Mars.

"Doom 3 is set in 2145 on Mars, where a military-industrial conglomerate has set up a scientific research facility to develop fields such as teleportation, biological research and advanced weapons design. However, the teleportation experiments inadvertently open a gateway to Hell, resulting in a catastrophic invasion by demons. The player, an anonymous space marine, must fight through the base and find a way to stop demons from Hell attacking Earth"
                              I have never seen the movie or played the game. Also sside from the planet Mars, and a research base, I don't see any other similarities. But hey thanks for keeping it on topic!

Comment

Originally posted by haloplayer View Post
                                Maybe the Ancients on this Mars Base was researching on Portal Technology. The humans (from Earth) populate the Ancient base and continue with the Ancients work on Portals. It seems like the Ancients were trying to make a superior more effective Portal Technology then the Stargate, maybe the Portals could reach other Dimensions...
                                You get reputation for that.

Comment

Working...
                                X