This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
    Sure the idea has some flaws, but hey so does every damn idea that the writers of the shows churn out week after week.

This idea shows brilliant imagination and to be honest, I was able to get over some minor logic flaws as it just had me hooked.

Now after reading the post I watched that teaser vid and maybe I am colour blind but I didn't see the redness of the planet that others may have seen, however the red chevrons looked pretty good!!!
    I do like the red chevrons as well! At least THAT question has been answered!
    sigpic

Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/brettsuddreth

Comment

When the ancients first landed on Earth mars still woulda been wet. Maybe we were the second stop and they wrecked mars somehow?

Comment

Actually, Mars became a dry wasteland billions of years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
          Actually, Mars became a dry wasteland billions of years ago.
          Yeah I want to say that it has been estimated to haven gone desolate around 4 billion years ago.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett View Post
            Maybe I need to adjust my brightness, but where is the "cracked Earth" part?

Comment

Originally posted by _Ancients_ View Post
              I do like the red chevrons as well! At least THAT question has been answered!
              Its funny how with all the scientific and mythological research that goes into these shows, all they need to do is put pretty new colours on the Stargate to make us happy!
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
                Its funny how with all the scientific and mythological research that goes into these shows, all they need to do is put pretty new colours on the Stargate to make us happy!
                Exactly. lol
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by quade_1 View Post
                  Please keep this thread pertaining to the discussion and relation of Mars to the new series.

So with the new promo that followed the SGA finale, showing a cracked earth and gate with red chevrons. I was thinking it could be somehow related to the planet Mars.

A secret Ancients' base is discovered on Mars and a small team is sent aboard the Odyssey to investigate. Among those sent mostly science officers and a medic. When they arrive on Mars, they discover an Ancient laboratory, used to build and distribute Stargates, and an attempt to colonize Mars. When looking around they discover a stargate, different however, with red chevrons and different glyphs. They discover they are able to dial nine chevrons, and the IOA sends a delegation to oversee the event. An IOA member, and his daughter, arrive just in time as the ninth chevron is dialed. Meanwhile, the hive ship from "Enemy At The Gate" comes out of hyperspace and detects the active Stargate on Mars. Coming under attack the team is left with no option but to enter the wormhole and face whatever lies ahead.
                  Maybe the Ancients on this Mars Base was researching on Portal Technology. The humans (from Earth) populate the Ancient base and continue with the Ancients work on Portals. It seems like the Ancients were trying to make a superior more effective Portal Technology then the Stargate, maybe the Portals could reach other Dimensions.

SUDDENLY

There is a portal malfunction and a portal from an Alternate Dimension which is Hell opens up releasing HORDES of DEMONS into the Facility and turning many of the human members of the Base into Zombies.

A lone member of the Facility (his name is not given) who was not killed in the first attack runs into the armory and picks up a P-90. Once stocking up on Weapons he turns to face the Nightmare....ALONE.

"Doom Theme"

Comment

Originally posted by terr View Post
                    Maybe I need to adjust my brightness, but where is the "cracked Earth" part?
                    you can slightly see it in the background during the video, and then at the end when the title comes up you can really see it.

Originally posted by _Ancients_ View Post
                    Yeah I want to say that it has been estimated to haven gone desolate around 4 billion years ago.
                    I would say the Destiny is about a billion years old. They said it is alot older than the city of Atlantis, which we know is millions of years old.

Comment

That would be before the Ancients learned to talk.

EDIT: The only similarity between the planet in the promotional video and Mars is that the sky looks kind of red at the end. Mars doesn't have a cracked surfice.

Comment

Originally posted by haloplayer View Post
                        Maybe the Ancients on this Mars Base was researching on Portal Technology. The humans (from Earth) populate the Ancient base and continue with the Ancients work on Portals. It seems like the Ancients were trying to make a superior more effective Portal Technology then the Stargate, maybe the Portals could reach other Dimensions.

SUDDENLY

There is a portal malfunction and a portal from an Alternate Dimension which is Hell opens up releasing HORDES of DEMONS into the Facility and turning many of the human members of the Base into Zombies.

A lone member of the Facility (his name is not given) who was not killed in the first attack runs into the armory and picks up a P-90. Once stocking up on Weapons he turns to face the Nightmare....ALONE.

"Doom Theme"
                        ROFL, you get an A +

Comment

In other news, Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson has been cast for 'SGU - Doom'......
                          sigpic

Comment

I like the Teory. its very interesting and it would be cool to see Mars in all this. I have wondered since we have 5 intergalatice ships why is it we havnt been to Mars or at least orbited it and studyed it and scanded it and what not.
                            Carl Sagan on Nuclear self Destruction

Comment

Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett View Post
                              I must admit.

I like. Particularly considering that Mars would have at some point been a very rich and fertile planet.
                              i think our asguard sensors would have detected the energy signitures if there was anything on mars.

how about dakara, the planet was not destroyed and we allready know it had the most advanced examples of ancient tech in this galaxy (its also a desert world that would fit with the promo)

hear me out.... lets say a experdition is sent to survay the ruins of dakara (it would explain why a green teem with mar science personel that military would be sent as dakara is not a hostile world, beneath the ruins of the energy weapon they find a ancient instalation, in the main chamber of the instilation there is a teleport device much like the type merlin used in tAOT, whilst examining the consoles that are all around the room they find that they all contain detailed info on the desighn of the stargates including desighn schematics and calculations on how the gates 'will work' one console is different upon activation it displays ship schimatics and data - a key on the console begins to glow the inexperienced team press the key beleaving it to be nothing more than kinda search button for the database, the transport pilon flares and they find themselves aboard the bridge of the destiny in an enormus hanger beep under dakara, there is a similar button that is glowing, itis pressed in the belief that it is a teleport back command for the pilon but instead it activates the destinys pre programme course and misssion, the ship jumps to hyperspace within the hanger and exits in orbit around dakara, an ominus building whine indicates something is happening the data screens show that the main drive is charging, there is just enough time to get a distress call off somehow then the ships main drive activates projecting a wormhole infriont of the ship which then heads in (obviously this is a wormhole drive) they exit and scan the surrounding star configurations, there is no match they are now nolonger in the milkey way or even pegasus, lost and alone part one of the season premier ends.

i have not included spoiler ttags as EATG has now aired here in the uk aswell as the usa
                              Last edited by toby1kanobi; 15 January 2009, 07:33 AM. Reason: spelling

Comment

i think our asguard sensory would have detected the energy signitures if there was anything on mars.
                                Only if they were actively searching for it.

Comment

Working...
                                X