Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What new technology would you like to see in SGU?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think that at some point there will be a matter converter onboard the Destiney. It wont be there from the start but someone will make one, but it will take them at least a season to do. Thats how I think they'll deal with the lack of surplies in the long run.

Other then that I hope we get to see some sort of Ancient Healing chamber/tank. Something like the Bacta tanks from Star Wars or the Healing Chambers from Dragonball Z.

Also I want to see some form of small Maintenance robots onboard. Something like the MSE-6 mouse droid from Star Wars or the DRD's from Farscape.
    The Doctor: [leafing through a teen magazine] That won't last. He's gay and she's an alien.

Carter: You saying that it could be boobytraped?
    Teal'C: Booby?

May the Force Be With You

Comment

big honking space guns!

Comment

While new technology won't make or break me, it would make a lot of sense.

The Stargate program has been around for 10+ years now and we have encountered enough technology to travel to different galaxies, transport matter and do all kinds of other stuff.

However, we still use the same weapons, medicine and armor that your everday soldier uses. This makes no sense.

I would think we would understand technology enough to atleast use guns like Ronan and who knows what else. No military in the world would choose to use old weapons.
        sigpic

Comment

A portable Asgard Core.
          sigpic
          More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

I wouldn't mind see something like the phaser rifles they have in star trek but have them like Ronan's gun so they can be set to kill or stun.
            Enjoying Stargate's Technobabble since 1997

If you like the Gateworld podcast be sure to listen the The 5th Race Podcast for a fan's view of the Stargate Franchise! and join the forums while you at it![/CENTER]

Comment

I, personally, want to see some sort of proto-drone weapon. Perhaps some sort of explosive mine that the ship releases in bunches and then guides with a magnetic beam. Of course, the ship would have to have some sort of matter replication technology in order for that weapon to be very useful on a long-term mission, but the idea still holds.
              "From East Middle School. Suzumiya Haruhi. I have no interest in ordinary humans. If there are any aliens, time travelers, sliders, or espers here, come join me."
              - The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya; Best Character Introduction Ever.

"And can we lose the ten thousand year old dead plants?!"
              - Stargate: Atlantis (1x03) "Hide and Seek"

"Hammerheads do not load/unload units immediately – they must descend to ground level first. Initial experiments involving jump-jetting infantry into the Hammerhead’s cargo compartment met with unfortunate results."
              - Command&Conquer 3: Kane's Wrath Hammerhead Unit Spotlight

Comment

i think they should build some kind of buggy to go through the gate, without puddle jumpers to travel from a gate to the nearest town they will need done! like the one from star trek nemesis, that would be cooool!!

Comment

Originally posted by bandras View Post
                  Not exatcly technology used IN the series but in the making, I've watched SW Ihantom Menace yesterday and there was the part when all the animals are fleeing from the jungle on Naboo, and they are ALIEN animals, and for me that makes it more "believeable" that we're actually on an alien planet, so along with intelligent aliens I'd like to see more alien animal and plant ecosystems, which was not included in neither SG-1 nor SGA, only a few mentions of giant bats or whatever...
                  i dont know, there is something to be said about using our own imagination instead. personally Star Wars didnt seem real to me compared with the orginal trilogy star wars that was filmed in the same way as SG. CGI makes it look campy and unrealistic and actors look dumb in it. so as someone who also wants to see alien creatures and planets, im not willing to sacrifice the realistism for that aspect. unless you mean they should just tweak their environment a little and not go all 'sanctuary' then im okay with it. just as long as they dont do any green screen.
                  Last edited by Duneknight; 28 January 2009, 02:56 PM.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mwallace100 View Post
                    i think they should build some kind of buggy to go through the gate, without puddle jumpers to travel from a gate to the nearest town they will need done! like the one from star trek nemesis, that would be cooool!!
                    yeah that will be great, i was thinking the same thing. a buggy or one of those ATVs, maybe a tank or armored personnel carrier. i would like the enemy to have tanks.
                    sigpic

Comment

A time machine used by one of the alien races! Friendly aliens... That would be cool to see, they could be kinda like Time Lords!

Comment

Originally posted by Stargate Steve View Post
                        I'd like to see some kind of exo space suit that could be used for fighting in harsh environments.
                        an evil asgard battle suit?

Comment

Originally posted by Gollumpus View Post
                          ... heck they may just need to figure out how the elevators or toilets work.
                          this is a bit off topic but you reminded me... where the hell are the toilets on atlantis

Comment

Originally posted by JedI Master of the Gate View Post
                            I think that at some point there will be a matter converter onboard the Destiney. It wont be there from the start but someone will make one, but it will take them at least a season to do. Thats how I think they'll deal with the lack of surplies in the long run.

Other then that I hope we get to see some sort of Ancient Healing chamber/tank. Something like the Bacta tanks from Star Wars or the Healing Chambers from Dragonball Z.

Also I want to see some form of small Maintenance robots onboard. Something like the MSE-6 mouse droid from Star Wars or the DRD's from Farscape.
                            you forget skutters from red dwarf

Comment

Originally posted by Quadhelix View Post
                              I, personally, want to see some sort of proto-drone weapon. Perhaps some sort of explosive mine that the ship releases in bunches and then guides with a magnetic beam. Of course, the ship would have to have some sort of matter replication technology in order for that weapon to be very useful on a long-term mission, but the idea still holds.
                              there photon torpedos

Comment

Originally posted by toby1kanobi View Post
                                there photon torpedos
                                A. Not exactly. The idea is a weapon that would be fired in swarms and then guided from target to target, like the drone swarm in "Lost City."
                                B. It is bad form to double post, let alone quadruple post.
                                "From East Middle School. Suzumiya Haruhi. I have no interest in ordinary humans. If there are any aliens, time travelers, sliders, or espers here, come join me."
                                - The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya; Best Character Introduction Ever.

"And can we lose the ten thousand year old dead plants?!"
                                - Stargate: Atlantis (1x03) "Hide and Seek"

"Hammerheads do not load/unload units immediately – they must descend to ground level first. Initial experiments involving jump-jetting infantry into the Hammerhead’s cargo compartment met with unfortunate results."
                                - Command&Conquer 3: Kane's Wrath Hammerhead Unit Spotlight

Comment

Working...
                                X