Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What new technology would you like to see in SGU?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm with Flying Officer Bennett on this one; too much tech = too easy. I got into SciFi with Star Trek, so I know how the tension can be obliterated if you can defeat your enemies by spouting a few bits of technobabble and pushing some buttons.

An AI would be cool though; it's not so much the tech that I'm interested in, but the personality and the potential of a whole new character to play with.

Comment

Sexbots.

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
        Sexbots.
        Shagadelic baby.

*shudders*

I can't believe I uttered those words...

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett View Post
          Shagadelic baby.

*shudders*

I can't believe I uttered those words...
          lol

no but come on guys, instead of moaning about having less of a technology focus give us some ideas about some technology.

while you may not have a big interest in stargates technology but I absolutly love the technology in stargate and the technobabble that comes with it, but thats cause im the kinda person who has an interest in that sort of thing (he says looking up the mathematics behind zero-point energy)

so come on! try to be positive about the technology and pass some ideas around, I want to hear imaginations humming away!
          Enjoying Stargate's Technobabble since 1997

If you like the Gateworld podcast be sure to listen the The 5th Race Podcast for a fan's view of the Stargate Franchise! and join the forums while you at it![/CENTER]

Comment

Originally posted by AtlantisAssassin View Post
            lol

no but come on guys, instead of moaning about having less of a technology focus give us some ideas about some technology.

while you may not have a big interest in stargates technology but I absolutly love the technology in stargate and the technobabble that comes with it, but thats cause im the kinda person who has an interest in that sort of thing (he says looking up the mathematics behind zero-point energy)

so come on! try to be positive about the technology and pass some ideas around, I want to hear imaginations humming away!
            But... but... but...

No...

I can't give you what I don't have. And seriously, there's nothing that I'd like to see...

Actually

Yes.

A toilet.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

But... but... but...

No...

I can't give you what I don't have. And seriously, there's nothing that I'd like to see...

Actually

Yes.

A toilet.
              lol

see that wasnt hard was it? :shepperd:

no, but seriously its not a bad idea, its about time the talked about ancient toilets, i mean we never even heard them mentioned in Atlantis, hell I could live with them just having a guy that pops up randomly and asks where the toilets are and gets pointed in a general direction!

If you like the Gateworld podcast be sure to listen the The 5th Race Podcast for a fan's view of the Stargate Franchise! and join the forums while you at it![/CENTER]

Comment

Originally posted by AtlantisAssassin View Post
                lol

see that wasnt hard was it? :shepperd:

no, but seriously its not a bad idea, its about time the talked about ancient toilets, i mean we never even heard them mentioned in Atlantis, hell I could live with them just having a guy that pops up randomly and asks where the toilets are and gets pointed in a general direction!
                'So er.... do I like... have to bring my own toilet roll?'

'Oh no, it's fully automatic'

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Not exatcly technology used IN the series but in the making, I've watched SW Ihantom Menace yesterday and there was the part when all the animals are fleeing from the jungle on Naboo, and they are ALIEN animals, and for me that makes it more "believeable" that we're actually on an alien planet, so along with intelligent aliens I'd like to see more alien animal and plant ecosystems, which was not included in neither SG-1 nor SGA, only a few mentions of giant bats or whatever...
                  "For NASA, space is still a high priority."
                  ...George W. Bush, 9/5/93
                  "[It's] time for the human race to enter the solar system."
                  ...George W. Bush

Comment

I'm looking for more personal tech. Like body armour that can sustain a couple of hits in the same place before failing. Also more weapons.

Comment

Originally posted by Mclean View Post
                      I'm looking for more personal tech. Like body armour that can sustain a couple of hits in the same place before failing. Also more weapons.
                      yeah it be cool to see some more destructive weapons rather than stunners, I was getting kinda bored of them until they introduced Ronan's gun, which would good cause of the change between stun and kill.

Comment

Well, i hope the tauri' aboard that ship get too trong or it will ruin the show, but i would like to see ew weapons apart from energy bolts or beam weapons, oh and drones. Also i would like too see an AI, maybe the ancients predicted that eventually the ship would meet sentient intelligent life forms, and would produce an AI in their form to represent themselves.

Sig by Draygon.

Comment

None.

I despise sci-fi tech. There are many kinds of sci-fi fans, and I got into Stargate for the same reason I got into X-Files. A here and now setting, with a highly unusual twist to it. I LIKE regular guns against aliens and demons. I like real life problems. Futuristic tech, is for the OTHER kind of fan, those who's favourite shows include Star Trek. Both kinda are equally valid, but whilst I enjoy Star Trek, I'm not a 'fan'.

So for me, I kinda hope SGU see's little to no tech on the Destiny, and that which is there, is impossible to use.
                          I totally agree with this one... Stargate is about regular people & regular weapons. Stargate is a show that is more about people involved rather than high tech... I too hope they won't introduce too much new tech & mess things up...

Gradually introducing some tech is ok... E.g. like it took us years to make X-302s & even that is after many trials & errors, which is what it is like in real life.

Humans becoming super powerful is not the SG style & might make the show & the people less interesting IMHO.

Comment

I would like to see the supply problem be big like they have X amount of bulets so it is worth taking wepons from fallen enemies maybe even have a handul of powerful wepons like rocket launchers but verry few rockets.

and have a set amount of shuttles maybe ten and anyother ships have to be bought/ stolen

And any synthersiser should require fule that is limited so its not just make more of <insert thing here>

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWmw1u2to5M

Currently recruiting new staff

Comment

A holodeck. You know, so it can malfunction and endanger the crew 20 odd times, but they still keep it running <Mod snip>
                              Last edited by Bagpuss; 19 January 2009, 12:57 AM.

Comment

But... but... but...

No...

Actually

Yes.

A toilet.
                                How about a ring transporter toilet? You sit on a seat and a little set of rings pops up inside, and....ahhh...well...you know

Techy for the geeks, and a toilet for you
                                sigpic
                                Eagles may soar free and proud, but weasels never get sucked into jet engines.
                                "We're not going to Guam are we?"

Comment

Working...
                                X