Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What new technology would you like to see in SGU?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There should be technology that allows long term human crew to live aboard the ship.
    sigpic

Comment

maybe some kind of portable device that can call down orbital strikes (maybe see if they go to a planet thats at war with itself)
      Enjoying Stargate's Technobabble since 1997

If you like the Gateworld podcast be sure to listen the The 5th Race Podcast for a fan's view of the Stargate Franchise! and join the forums while you at it![/CENTER]

Comment

I want to see laser guns or some advanced weaponry. It always seems weird to me that in Stargate, Earthlings can bring down people from space-faring civilizations just with guns that we use today. Wouldn't civilizations that have mastered intergalactic travel have better weapons than that?
        http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi..._City_Ship.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Rise Of The Phoenix View Post
          On board Destiny I'd like to see a weapon that disables other possible attacking ships rather than something that destroys them.
          Yes, the ship could have a massive EMP generator inside. Think Matrix.

Originally posted by Spimman View Post
          There should be technology that allows long term human crew to live aboard the ship.
          I agree. The Destiny should have either a biosphere or some sort of food recycler on board. The ship should be self sufficient and fully capable of sustaining life indefinitely.

No Trek replicator though cos Atlantis didn't have that.
          sigpic

Comment

I hope we see some kind of armoury with ancient weapons in them, although they were pacifistic when we met them, back then when the destiny was launched, they may have not been so high and mighty about conflict as much.

If you like the Gateworld podcast be sure to listen the The 5th Race Podcast for a fan's view of the Stargate Franchise! and join the forums while you at it![/CENTER]

Comment

My wishlist:
              • Transport rings.
              • A cool stargate - trailer suggests I'm getting that.
              • A return to the almost Alien (Scott film) aestetic of the headsuckers - seem to have got that too, from the concept art. Possibly with the stone-like materials of stargates, DHDs and other items (time looper, Dakara). Atlantis is beautiful and exotic enough, but I'd like to live there. The premise of this show should emphasise the unsettling alien aspects of Alteran/Ancient design.
              • Spacesuits. Not armour per se, but I'd like to see some ancients space suits.
              • Medical tech, albeit preferably unsafe for humans (having an onboard sarcophagus that works would be bad) - the Atlantis episode with the pilot of the Adaris, horribly burnt, teased me with this. When they saw him being treated by the Ancients, I was expecting a reappearance of the Telchak device, and him promptly being healed. Would have been a neat little callback.
              • The stargate creator - eventually, though not necessarily in season 1, I would like to see it in action.
              • Earlier ZPMs - more metal than glass, perhaps. I wouldn't like them to become very important, but a couple powering the Destiny down the ages would be alright.
              • Alteran shield-penetrating missiles in some kind of MLRS. Drone-precursors, in other words, with some kind of ion engine perhaps.

People saying they'd like to see battle-armour and energy weapons are in for a disappointment, I'd say. The premise is 'modern Earth people' - and yeah, while it makes sense in-universe to upgrade, I don't think it makes sense for the producers. The idea is for the people to be recogniseably us, from our culture. They may as well be clone troopers if they're wearing space body armour and using blasters.

I don't think an AI with a holographic avatar or anything will appear, it'd distract from the menace of their situation somewhat if they could talk to the ship. However, some AI (certainly something using potent AI techniques) may well be worth hoping for; certainly I can see the ship deciding to take action without them, on directives laid down by the ancients countless millennia ago. Indeed, that's part of the premise - but if it's following a navigation schedule they cannot control, what else might they do? Neat!

I would like to see aliens of all sorts, too.
              Last edited by Lord Serapsis; 22 June 2009, 05:43 AM.

Comment

i would like to see 4 absolutely massive powercores: Subspace Capacitors, only massive this time. each the size of a small skyscraper. would truely be awesome. i'd like to see hyperdrives, shields, and more "primitive" weapons.

and a return of the Headsucker/Communications device-like aestetics

Comment

I def want to see how the stargates are made and how they are put on each planet. That would be pretty cool!!

Killman whats with the sig out of interest??
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                    and a return of the Headsucker/Communications device-like aestetics
                    yeah, the return of those kinda aesthetics would be cool to see!

Comment

Originally posted by sblade View Post
                      The Destiny should have either a biosphere or some sort of food recycler on board. The ship should be self sufficient and fully capable of sustaining life indefinitely.
                      It won't: one of the major plot points is that the crew has to scavenge for food in order to survive. At least according to certain information about the series, the Destiny was never meant to have a crew.
                      "From East Middle School. Suzumiya Haruhi. I have no interest in ordinary humans. If there are any aliens, time travelers, sliders, or espers here, come join me."
                      - The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya; Best Character Introduction Ever.

"And can we lose the ten thousand year old dead plants?!"
                      - Stargate: Atlantis (1x03) "Hide and Seek"

"Hammerheads do not load/unload units immediately – they must descend to ground level first. Initial experiments involving jump-jetting infantry into the Hammerhead’s cargo compartment met with unfortunate results."
                      - Command&Conquer 3: Kane's Wrath Hammerhead Unit Spotlight

Comment

Working...
                      X