X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gollumpus View Post
    We're saying "almost" the same thing.

I was suggesting that an unrealistic choice is still good to hear about as it could lead to a great, realistic choice. I mentioned Baldwin to illustrate my point as he is a well known actor, and personal fave of mine (and others) for the role, even though he's not too likely to ever see any screen time on any SG project. However, his mention gives people an idea of what the character could/should be like, and what type of actor could fill the role.

I do like Jeffrey Dean Morgan. Good actor, good presence. Negatives: he seems to be involved in some projects. Depending upon their end-shooting dates, he may not be available. It could be a repeat of the Ben Browder experience where he was being looked at for the Shep role in SGA, but couldn't make it due to Farscape filming. Maybe/hopefully, he'll be done in time to be available.

regards,
    G.
    Oh, there's no way in heck JDM would be available for more than a guest role if SGU begins filming before mid-2009; he's involved in at least 3 other projects right now. There's also the fact that he might not want to come back to TV sci-fi after The Watchmen, but it depends. He may be a Morgan Freeman/Christopher Walken type actor who takes roles regardless of prestige.
    They say the geek never gets the girl...what about the girl getting the geek?

Rodney/Teyla...it could happen

spoilers for "200"
    Spoiler:
    Gen. Hammond: It has to spin, it's round! Spinning is so much cooler than not spinning. I'm the general, and I want it to spin!

Vala: Are you saying that General O'Neill is...

Cam: My daddy?

Comment

Originally posted by Miroslav View Post
      It woud be great if they cast John Billingsley as Coombs.
      Coombs?

Hmmm...

Jeffrey Combs!!

Comment

Combs would be a superb choice!

Comment

I could imagine the next characters in Universe:
          - Vega (I hope she won't disappoint me in Whispers.)
          - Lorne (He is an "eyecandy" character for the girls. I don't know if you use this word for men too. Ooops.)
          - Zelenka (I like him, but I think the writers couldn't show enough new things about him.)
          - Vala (She is so funny, but CB moved back to L. A., so she won't return.)
          - Tomin (He is a colorful and also an "alien" character, who can begin a new life. He can fight, but he has also a great soul to be a moral guide. But the actor works on TV-films, so I doubt we will see again.)
          "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

I wonder with the way that continuum was ended
            Spoiler:
            if cliff simons charecter would return as a tokra or just work for the sgc in the manner that tealc and vala do
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by The Great Lord Baal View Post
              I wonder with the way that continuum was ended
              Spoiler:
              if cliff simons charecter would return as a tokra or just work for the sgc in the manner that tealc and vala do
              Now you should know that... what with you being him and everything

*IS BOWING*

The Doctor and the Wild Man Thread... Keeping the dream alive.

Comment

Well I suppose I do yeah so yeah I am
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by The Great Lord Baal View Post
                  Well I suppose I do yeah so yeah I am
                  That's the best news for a long time, and I think you can be forgiven for being a bit confused as you've not been yourself lately, have you?

The Doctor and the Wild Man Thread... Keeping the dream alive.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
                    Coombs?
                    The SGC scientist form SG-1 episode The Other Guys.

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
                    Hmmm...

Jeffrey Combs!!
                    I agree, Jeffrey Combs would be great choice (Weoyun, Shran, Brunt, u name it )

Comment

Coombs, from "the other guys", YES YES YES, PLEASE

: "Why look everyone, he's got Coombs With him!"

great line great charcter.

My 2 cents:

if Jewel Staite can play a wraith and then go main cast, why cant Morena Baccarin play Adria, and then go on to play a main cast alien in SGU, i said in another thread i thought SGU needed prostetic aliens rather than human aliens, why cant it be Morena under all that alien make up.
                      People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint... it happens to kinda look like the name 'Jeremy Bearimy' in cursive English.

Comment

I prefer seeing Morena Baccarin NOT buried under a bunch of make-up.

regards,
                        G.
                        Go for Marty...

Comment

Originally posted by Gollumpus View Post
                          I prefer seeing Morena Baccarin NOT buried under a bunch of make-up.
                          And I prefer seeing her not buried under a bunch of cloths....

Perfecto!

Comment

Originally posted by Major_Griff View Post
                            And I prefer seeing her not buried under a bunch of cloths....
                            Too True
                            But I'd rather see Morena Baccarin Clothed and under make up then not see her at all.
                            People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint... it happens to kinda look like the name 'Jeremy Bearimy' in cursive English.

Comment

Cliff Simon.....Ba'al's host!!!
                              Visit me on http://wormholeriders.com/

Comment

What will probably happen is this:

Name U.S. actor in the lead role. Name is, well, debatable. It won't be anybody who costs a ton, but somebody whom they feel can draw in an audience. They will probably try to poach someone who's done scifi before.

The rest: probably all Canadian (since there are all these rules and whatnot) and probably half of them are living in L.A. right now trying to find work (which is where many Canadian actors go). Also actors who will go "a job?! Wow! sure i'll do that for this amount for six years with no raise." which is how the studios like to do contracts.

Comment

Working...
                                X