This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zack779 View Post
    Given how exceptional SG1 has been (even through adding great new cast members, something nearly impossible to do well in any long established series - and done, in my opinion, pretty flawlessly), and then, how successful SGA has been (even without the great level of cameraderie that SG1 has), it's hard to understand why there's not more confidence in the producers, writers, creators of SGU.Why all this doom and gloom floating about. It's almost as though some seem to have prejudged it before the pilot or first episode has even been made or even fully written or whatever.
    I don't know about any of the dialogue mentioned above, whether that's genuine or not, but ... give it some space at least (no pun) and see what it's like before deciding its terrible or great.
    Personally, the only thing I have against SGU at first, it was that I was worried about TPTB of the show after the first season. Yes SG1, and SGA were great for me on their first seasons but, the last seasons of both show (SG1 9/10, and SGA 4) were really bad.

Since the same TPTB is already part of SGU, I don't think there is reason for me to feel confident about it. On the other hand, it's better to know now, and avoid committing myself to a new show.

Comment

Originally posted by captain simms View Post
      true i mean look at woolsey lol he was just rubbish at first then became an alryt character, im quite looking forward to universe except till i find out if its going to be like BSG
      That is my fear as well.

Originally posted by rsanchez View Post
      I sort of see where you're coming from. Imagine if Brain Storm and Keller had been in season 1 of SGA and it was the spoiler of Keller that we got before the series started. We would all have been hating on the series and the character. Now some of us do that now, but anyway...

In SGA, Keller was just a supporting character, not there always and not vital. But Chloe is a main character, part of the team. If she has teenage emotional problems like that, it does not bode well for the character, which does not bode well for the series as a whole.
      I do not agree about the Keller bits...but you do bring up a good point nontheless.
      Originally posted by Shpinxinator View Post
      Which begs the question...what in the blazes is a teenager(s) doing on the Destiny? Granted they may not have planned to get stuck on the ship but if it's a discovery this important why would the SGC send a senator's daughter and a few fresh from the academy airmen?
      First of all, none of the characters...to my memory....are fresh from the accademy...the only dubious one is the daughter.
      Second of all...it worked for Hailey didn't it?

Comment

Originally posted by Col.Foley View Post
        First of all, none of the characters...to my memory....are fresh from the accademy...the only dubious one is the daughter.
        Second of all...it worked for Hailey didn't it?
        Lt. Jared Nash
        20-25. Junior S.G.C. team member.
        Officer material but green and rough around the edges. Every teenage girl's fantasy. Like a college quarterback thrown into his first pro game, he is thrust into the role of leader well before he's ready for the responsibility and must learn to take command, earn respect through action, and manage the diverse personalities on the ship to keep everyone alive. Like Jason Bourne, he is skilled and well-trained however he is mentally unprepared for the urgency of the situation. SERIES REGULAR;
        "I'm being extremely clever up here and there's no one to stand around looking impressed! What's the point in having you all?!" - The Doctor (#11)

Comment

Nothing in that suggests he's 'fresh from the academy'.

Comment

Not fresh but few years out of the academy maybe

Comment

Well I'm going to say; I'll wait till SGU's been on tv for a few eps and we all know that if Brad Wright's leading something then it's going to be good
              C. Edmund

Comment

Originally posted by Atlanis View Post
                Well I'm going to say; I'll wait till SGU's been on tv for a few eps and we all know that if Brad Wright's leading something then it's going to be good
                I'll say I agree with you....although while waiting for this show I'll probably be sleep with one eye open
                "I'm being extremely clever up here and there's no one to stand around looking impressed! What's the point in having you all?!" - The Doctor (#11)

Comment

Originally posted by ciannwn View Post
                  Yawn. Why can't they take a different approach for a change.? For example -

Spoiler:
                  Chloe has always wondered if her friends really like her or just associate with her because she's a Senator's daughter. She finds out that they genuinely like her for herself.
                  'Cause then that would have the opposite effect on her personality:

Spoiler:
                  If they liked her for her, then all is right with the world and she can continue with the status-quo. However, if she was prissy, self-righteous, etc., and then learned that most of her "friends" were just brown-nosing because of her father, then she might actually have to grow up and take it like a "man."
                  "From East Middle School. Suzumiya Haruhi. I have no interest in ordinary humans. If there are any aliens, time travelers, sliders, or espers here, come join me."
                  - The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya; Best Character Introduction Ever.

"And can we lose the ten thousand year old dead plants?!"
                  - Stargate: Atlantis (1x03) "Hide and Seek"

"Hammerheads do not load/unload units immediately – they must descend to ground level first. Initial experiments involving jump-jetting infantry into the Hammerhead’s cargo compartment met with unfortunate results."
                  - Command&Conquer 3: Kane's Wrath Hammerhead Unit Spotlight

Comment

lets get back on topic. <mod snip>
                    Last edited by Skydiver; 26 November 2008, 09:42 AM.

sigpic
                    Sig made by squirrely1
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ
                    *PM me if you clicked on that link*

Comment

Originally posted by Shpinxinator View Post
                      I have to admit the more I read the more Universe feels like a live action "Stargate: Infinity"
                      *twitch*
                      Oh, GOD NO!

Comment

Originally posted by Atlanis View Post
                        Thats all that will keeps this fan watching.

Comment

Originally posted by Quadhelix View Post
                          'Cause then that would have the opposite effect on her personality:

Spoiler:
                          If they liked her for her, then all is right with the world and she can continue with the status-quo. However, if she was prissy, self-righteous, etc., and then learned that most of her "friends" were just brown-nosing because of her father, then she might actually have to grow up and take it like a "man."
                          Spoiler:
                          Why do they have to make her a copy of Cordelia Chase as she was in 'Buffy', though? A stunning and sexy senator's daughter could still be a genuinely nice person with doubts because there's no law that says she can't be if the writers wanted to make her like that.

I thought Cordelia was fun in 'Buffy' and I liked the way she grew and matured in 'Angel'. This doesn't mean that I want to watch the same thing again in SGU.
                          Last edited by ciannwn; 26 November 2008, 07:43 AM.
                          sigpic

Comment

Working...
                          X