Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The more I hear about the show the more intrigued and more looking forward to it, I am getting. Minus that whole chloe thing....now that is odd.
    But it is seeming like people, at leas in this thread, are forgettting that is only ONE episode, out of how many...twenty. And even then, SGU could be a character piece like no other. And that episode will serve her specific general plot of growing up. Not everyone can be super amazing and cool from the first moment of the show to the last. So...in essense...hers might be a character that has a lot of room for some real quality growth throughout the entire show
    Tom Paris anyone?

Comment

I suppose my attitude is from the combined effort of just about everything we've seen so far about SGU.
      sigpic
      My Fanfiction: fanfiction.net ** My LJ (Art and Fanfiction): SGAFan LJ

Comment

OMG that spoiler made me sad i think I'm gonna have a cry about what constitutes as good entertainment they expect the Stargate fan community to swallow this drivel FFS

Comment

Originally posted by razzel_daxxel View Post
          Now now, This can't be as sucky as SG:I!!!!

Im not sure how i feel about this show really, i think i will just have to wait untill the show starts, we should just feel lucky that they have created a new series, they could have just cancelled Atlantis and continued with the movies and game!

All we can do is wait.........then once we have seen to 1st ep.......flame it

DUDE Sg1 was awesome don't diss it man who do you think you are sonny?
          Tst

Comment

Originally posted by spinny magee View Post
            DUDE Sg1 was awesome don't diss it man who do you think you are sonny?
            razzel said SG-I, not SG-1.

Comment

Given how exceptional SG1 has been (even through adding great new cast members, something nearly impossible to do well in any long established series - and done, in my opinion, pretty flawlessly), and then, how successful SGA has been (even without the great level of cameraderie that SG1 has), it's hard to understand why there's not more confidence in the producers, writers, creators of SGU.Why all this doom and gloom floating about. It's almost as though some seem to have prejudged it before the pilot or first episode has even been made or even fully written or whatever.
              I don't know about any of the dialogue mentioned above, whether that's genuine or not, but ... give it some space at least (no pun) and see what it's like before deciding its terrible or great.

Comment

Originally posted by Col.Foley View Post
                The more I hear about the show the more intrigued and more looking forward to it, I am getting. Minus that whole chloe thing....now that is odd.
                But it is seeming like people, at leas in this thread, are forgettting that is only ONE episode, out of how many...twenty. And even then, SGU could be a character piece like no other. And that episode will serve her specific general plot of growing up. Not everyone can be super amazing and cool from the first moment of the show to the last. So...in essense...hers might be a character that has a lot of room for some real quality growth throughout the entire show
                Tom Paris anyone?
                true i mean look at woolsey lol he was just rubbish at first then became an alryt character, im quite looking forward to universe except till i find out if its going to be like BSG
                Captain Simms

Comment

i personally love sgu, and i am so pumped. I was one of 5 to go see the set, well in progress, and it was fantastic!

sigpic
                  Sig made by squirrely1
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ
                  *PM me if you clicked on that link*

Comment

Originally posted by Col.Foley View Post
                    Tom Paris anyone?
                    I sort of see where you're coming from. Imagine if Brain Storm and Keller had been in season 1 of SGA and it was the spoiler of Keller that we got before the series started. We would all have been hating on the series and the character. Now some of us do that now, but anyway...

In SGA, Keller was just a supporting character, not there always and not vital. But Chloe is a main character, part of the team. If she has teenage emotional problems like that, it does not bode well for the character, which does not bode well for the series as a whole.

Comment

Originally posted by rsanchez View Post
                      I sort of see where you're coming from. Imagine if Brain Storm and Keller had been in season 1 of SGA and it was the spoiler of Keller that we got before the series started. We would all have been hating on the series and the character. Now some of us do that now, but anyway...

In SGA, Keller was just a supporting character, not there always and not vital. But Chloe is a main character, part of the team. If she has teenage emotional problems like that, it does not bode well for the character, which does not bode well for the series as a whole.
                      Which begs the question...what in the blazes is a teenager(s) doing on the Destiny? Granted they may not have planned to get stuck on the ship but if it's a discovery this important why would the SGC send a senator's daughter and a few fresh from the academy airmen?
                      "I'm being extremely clever up here and there's no one to stand around looking impressed! What's the point in having you all?!" - The Doctor (#11)

Comment

Originally posted by Shpinxinator View Post
                        Which begs the question...what in the blazes is a teenager(s) doing on the Destiny? Granted they may not have planned to get stuck on the ship but if it's a discovery this important why would the SGC send a senator's daughter and a few fresh from the academy airmen?
                        None of them are teenagers.

Comment

The only thing that comes even close to possibly making sense is that possilby they send a group off world. For some reason (possibly diplomatic) they send a senator along and he brings his daughter. I could see the IOA wanting to expose the Stargate program a bit more and set this off world mission up with people you wouldnt likely expect to go off world. On this planet something happens and a few of them get sent to the Destiny. Finding the Destiny, Getting sent there, and everything is on accident. Even that sounds pretty bad and doesnt really make much sense but closet thing I can think of that would get a Senators daughter there.

Comment

IOA? OH! you mean the bad idea factory that can never be happy with the people they put in charge? that IOA?
                            "I'm being extremely clever up here and there's no one to stand around looking impressed! What's the point in having you all?!" - The Doctor (#11)

Comment

Spoiler:
                              In a rather bizarre scene from the audition sides for Chloe Carpenter, Chloe and Eli Hitchcock use the long range communications devices to inhabit people’s bodies on Earth and infiltrate a bar where Chloe, in the body of someone else, finds out what her “friends” really think of her. Chloe finds out that these people associated with her only because she is the daughter of a US Senator.
                              Yawn. Why can't they take a different approach for a change.? For example -

Spoiler:
                              Chloe has always wondered if her friends really like her or just associate with her because she's a Senator's daughter. She finds out that they genuinely like her for herself.
                              sigpic

Comment

I dont like the idea of SG: BSG; reading this spoiler if true...the shock i now feel as to why some writer would make such a tragic mistake!

renaming SG: BSG to either SG: SATC or SG: OC???!!!!

votes on a postcard to:-
                                The writer who deemed a stargate show should become the next best teen drama around the world, the new OC of the space age, should now be considering living in a cardboard PO BOX.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X