Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stargate Universe - SciFi Wire: Exclusive: Stargate Universe Concept Art!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Puddle Splasher View Post
    A general rule about the physics of mechanical technology is that the fewer moving and unnecessarily exposed parts there are the more structurally sound the object (usually) is. So one would expect more moving parts to technology in early Ancient design.
    Yeah but us primitive humans have had touch screens for the past 30 years. They are becoming increasingly commnon place. This would be standard in just couple decades time.

Originally posted by HunGripen View Post
    Yeah and if the touchscreen brokes you can't give any order to the computer.
    Captain: Fire the weapons
    Weapon Officer: I can't do that sir, because there is nothing on the touchscreen. Maybe it broke.

but if only one button brokes there are the other buttons.

But I would love to see some touchscreens too.

The design is different from Atlantis but the Destiny had been built much more eariler.
    Well if all their touch screens breaks, may I suggest they go to a different supplier. May be pay a bit for quality rather than going for the cheap generic stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by :Orion Coran: View Post
      Why would you say that when their latest technology has various buttons, etc. Look at the controls on Aurora-class ships or even Atlantis itself. A lot of buttons. They were a button race, not a touchscreen race. Lol.

This isn't the Federation here! xD
      Federation never used no nural interphaces.....

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy Tom View Post
        Whole yes they did, Admiral Janeway came equip with a neural chip interface design by the doctor. Endgame

Comment

Looking over everything again and again, the only thing I seem to really like, is the door, sadly enough.

Nothing else makes me go "wow" or "cool" or perhaps... "Interesting..."

The control pannel is hiddesous! Gawd Awful ugly... doesnt even seem practical... anyways.

Everything else is just Meh to me.
          But as other people have said, these are just concepts... so Im not entering into "OH MY GODZ GUYS!! SGU IS GONNA BE TEH SUX!!!111!1eleventy!"

I am however going to look forward to the continuing progress of the series.

Comment

Lol, where did neural-interfaces come in here? I am talking about buttons and touchscreens. (The current off-topic thing that has been discussed.)

Ancients use buttons, not touchscreens. I made a reference to Star Trek's Federation ships which use touchscreens, not buttons. (Well, mostly not buttons.) A lil' "haha" joke.

Sorry for going off-topic again. Lol.

There are no regrets. Thank you Brad Wright and everyone else for SGU,
            and the amazing Stargate franchise in general.

Comment

It's okay. But it doesn't seem that...Ancienty to me. It looks like something the Travellers built. That, or it belongs on Star Wars.

But it's okay. I like the designs of Atlantis and the other tech we've already seen better.

Comment

Originally posted by :Orion Coran: View Post
                Lol, where did neural-interfaces come in here? I am talking about buttons and touchscreens. (The current off-topic thing that has been discussed.)

Ancients use buttons, not touchscreens. I made a reference to Star Trek's Federation ships which use touchscreens, not buttons. (Well, mostly not buttons.) A lil' "haha" joke.

Sorry for going off-topic again. Lol.
                I know.

Just saying: Anceint tech shouldn't have any butons at all, since you can just think to it.

*shepard and rodney eneter ancient lab and ORney stops and stares around for a second*

Rondey: Don't touch anything. That incudes thinking "on" to it.

Comment

It actually kind of reminds me of stuff I've seen in the Myst franchise. I can't explain why, but something about that door is very Mysty.
                  sigpic

Comment

It looks like a set from Aliens. Was kind of hoping tptb would go that route. A bit cheesy and clich'e.
                    Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

The art looks good. The only problem is that there is nothing really revolutionary about it. The ships are all the same in every sci-fi show...you have a bridge, engine room, shuttlebay, medical room etc. Maybe they could have both the bridge and engine room in the same room. I don't know I would just prefer something radically different.

Comment

im currently modelling a Destiny Hallway. im using gold and silver colors. i think the round doors are cool, and i used similar ones.
                        currently rendering it. after this ill try a Bridge, and a Gateroom.

its also concept art. im a good modeller, but defo not the best. so its all limited by what i can.

Edit: found out why its darker on set: its a spaceship, and its much harder to light them. atlantis is a city, plenty of windows and natural light. a spaceship doesnt have as much windows. so more light comes from electric lights. thus a darker feel.

Edit: what light should i use?

i have a render using blue light, at high intensity.
                        yellow-low intensity
                        Purple-medium intensity
                        white-high intensity.

any other ideas?
                        [low intensity is mostly the color, but not much light. high is alot of white light with a color undertone]

the silver is color adopting: with purple light, it becomes purple. the gold interacts with the light. gold+purple=reddish
                        Last edited by thekillman; 26 October 2008, 07:10 AM.

Comment

I know.

Just saying: Anceint tech shouldn't have any butons at all, since you can just think to it.

*shepard and rodney eneter ancient lab and ORney stops and stares around for a second*

Rondey: Don't touch anything. That incudes thinking "on" to it.
                          This ship was created before Atlantis at the height of the Ancient civilisation so maybe it doesn't really have a mental interface or maybe it does, anyone like Sheppard could like activate consoles that came out of walls or floor.

I have daydreamed of Ancients (how sad, lol) who dialled the DHD with their mind or when doing mental exercises used telekinesis to manually dialled the MW gates just for fun. They raised a hand and with their thoughts spun the inner ring, like how cool is that? (Wish I could do that).

So, I hope SGU uses the MW style gate.
                          Last edited by JackHarkness_Hot; 26 October 2008, 09:08 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by JackHarkness_Hot View Post
                            I have daydreamed of Ancients (how sad, lol) who dialled the DHD with their mind or when doing mental exercises used telekinesis to manually dialled the MW gates just for fun. They raised a hand and with their thoughts spun the inner ring, like how cool is that? (Wish I could do that).
                            I've done the same thing. The character in my story does that. I love the Ancients... And that would be cool!

Comment

any comments on my post?

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                                any comments on my post?
                                No ideas, but I'd like to see it when it's done.

Comment

Working...
                                X