Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

After all this hype about SGU being for a younger audience...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am over 30 and have been a fan since the original movie. I only watched SG1 here and there. Then I got into SGA and have recently got all the SG1 DVD's and have started from the beginning.
    sigpic

Comment

I'm 21 and I have been watching Stargate ever since the movie came out in 1994. I think I was what? 6 - 7 years old then? I like grew up with Stargate, lol.

I do have concerns about this "Young Audience" business though.

I can't watch BSG I don't know why... it's just soo.... not funny or exciting or anything.

ST:VOY though I love.

I hope that TPTB do a good job!

Comment

24, been watching since the movie in, what, 1996? and the more they seem to try adn appeal to my age group the less I enjoy Stargate...
        Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
        Yes, I am!
        sigpic
        Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
        Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
        Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

13 almost 14 i have been watchin staragte since i was like 10.
          sigpic

Comment

I am 32 and started watching Stargate 3 years ago when my husband introduced me to the series.

Comment

I am 27, and I've been watching Stargate since SG-1 began in 1997. That, and I saw the Stargate movie when it came out in 1994.
              sigpic
              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
              "...phu...ah..."
              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I am 34, i saw all Stargate in a few months, last winter and spring.
                I know people at their 40+ watching it(my brother and his friends) and i also know people at their 15+ watching it (my students).
                Stargate has been a link between two generations. A common interest and a base for dialogue. Just a show, but so different from all mainstream shows.
                Spoiler:
                APOLLONIUS OF TYANA
                (YEAR 0 - 100)
                "O thou Sun,
                send me as far over the earth
                as is my pleasure and thine,
                and may I make the acquaintance of good men,
                but never hear anything of bad ones,
                nor they of me."

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by General Yogi Bear View Post
                  Started watching at 14 in 1997. Today I'm 25. I'm still a big fan.
                  Same here.

If you take the posts in this thread as a *rough* gauge of the average of an SG viewer, then PTB aren't really aiming alot lower than Stargate's current audience.

Comment

i started watching sg series since 1997, i was 16 then and still watching it now.. I bought two complete sets of both sg1 and sga and still watching it every now and then.

Comment

I'm 21 and have been watching since 1997.
                      Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!

Comment

I'm 15 and I've been watching since about season 6 of SG-1. I've seen every episode of SG-1 and Atlantis. I love both series but SG-1 will always be number 1 for me.

I hope they don't make Universe non-stop action like young boys tend to like.

Gate Rider AKA Abnormal on the Sanctuary fan forums.
                        Fencers of GW Unite!

Comment

I was 11 and watched from the very beginning, I'm 22 now and have no qualms with the "younger cast" thing. Change is good.

Comment

Originally posted by talyn2k1 View Post
                            Same here.

If you take the posts in this thread as a *rough* gauge of the average of an SG viewer, then PTB aren't really aiming alot lower than Stargate's current audience.
                            This thread isn't an accurate gauge though, not even a rough one. According to the Nielsen figures, the average age of Stargate's viewers are 47, which is a problem.

Comment

Originally posted by dhaken666 View Post
                              I'm 19, almost 20. I've been watching Stargate since I was about 15 or so. I probably would have started watching it sooner if I had realized how awesome it was! Lol But I'll give it a whirl. I've heard how it was supposed to be targeted at a younger audience, and I don't think that's a great idea. I think if they do that, they could possibly lose some of the fans they already have. I already believe both SG-1 and Atlantis are great for most age groups! I hope they keep it that way for Universe as well.
                              First off, to the first poster...I am 21 and I started watching every week when SG-1 went to Sci-Fi. Since then I have pretty much seen every episode from reruns on Sci Fi.

Now to DH666...I would normally agree, however I feel that they will loose fans no matter what; but how can they get more fans? If they continue to cater to the same people at some point viewership will go down. I think -- and I don't believe I'm alone in this -- that SGU can be a new start. It could be bad, too. But even if it just turns out to be a SGA clone....I mean, I'm happy with SG! Season Five. I love it...and I remember how I loved S4 and ppl were saying "S4 sucks" "S4 just isn't as good as S3"...um, sorry! S4 was the best until S5. In fact, I really can't remember seeing an episode in S5 i didn't enjoy. ;-) And thats what I look for in a TV show.

Also...Glad your watching SGU!! :-) I know I'll be doing the same.

Comment

I'm 23... started watching when SG-1 first started on UK TV (so probably 97/98)

I feel that the younger cast will ruin what is a potentially interesting concept... sadly!
                                A word of advice... there are creatures that live between this dimension and the next, fiendish creatures that feast on the suffering of an entire world to satiate their eternal hunger. Support the Gateworld Cantina or suffer the fate of all who fall into the clutches of the 'Eladrith Ynneas'

Comment

Working...
                                X