This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by knowles2 View Post
    Now seriously I would love to get some writers from Heroes and lost and even 4400 on to the writing or the creator of the Babylon universe on board. Someone who can planned throughout life for the series.
    Yeah i wouldnt mind writers from heroes or the 4400, while keeping some of our own writers to balance it out and keep the new series firmly cemented in the established Stargate Universe.

As for writers from the Babylon 5 series, I can;t comment as I'm yet to see the show.
    Meh.

Comment

Mallozzi stated that he and Mullie will be consulting (with series creators Robert C. Cooper and Brad Wright) and writing "a few scripts" for the series, but that both of them will have considerably more free time unless they can sell their prospective pilot scripts (not related to Stargate)."

great news. People responsible for SGA will be working on SGU. Can we start SGU complaints and misgivings thread?
      Stolen Kosovo
      sigpic

Comment

Lets hire anime writers so we can have incomprehensible plots, dialogue and flashing lights that give seizures to those of us without epilepsy!

Comment

I'd like to have the old writers. But then again i wouldn't mind having new writers as long as they write good episodes lol. I'm not fussed i just want to enjoy stargate and see some good episodes. lol
          GOODBYE GATEWORLD. BEEN FUN TAKE CARE ALL!!

Comment

Originally posted by g.o.d View Post
            Mallozzi stated that he and Mullie will be consulting (with series creators Robert C. Cooper and Brad Wright) and writing "a few scripts" for the series, but that both of them will have considerably more free time unless they can sell their prospective pilot scripts (not related to Stargate)."

great news. People responsible for SGA will be working on SGU. Can we start SGU complaints and misgivings thread?
            F**K! <<<That's me showing my distaste for JM and PM writing for SGU.
            Meh.

Comment

Is it really any surprise that M&M will be poisoning the waters of SGU? I'd taken it as a given right from the start.

Comment

Originally posted by kymeric View Post
                Lets hire anime writers so we can have incomprehensible plots, dialogue and flashing lights that give seizures to those of us without epilepsy!
                Funny, because Mallozzi is apparently a big anime fan. See where he gets it from.

Comment

Their is hopes guys, they are apparently flying around trying to sell their pilots hopefully, someone will buy it and then they will be to busy to work on SGU.

<mod snip;...let's not even joke aboout stuff like this>
                  Last edited by Skydiver; 11 October 2008, 06:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by knowles2 View Post
                    Their is hopes guys, they are apparently flying around trying to sell their pilots hopefully, someone will buy it and then they will be to busy to work on SGU.

<mod snip;...let's not even joke aboout stuff like this>
                    and who will be so foolish to buy their scripts?
                    Stolen Kosovo
                    sigpic

Comment

I think there's more important thing than hiring new writers. Stargate franchise should air of the FOX. with knowing that their show can easily end any day, TPTB would be forced to atract more wievers with their stories.
                      Stolen Kosovo
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
                        Considering the complete hash that is now Heroes, yeah, nabbing some of their writers would probably make sense.
                        Have to agree with you on this one. I've LOVED Heroes in the past, not so down with it this season. Sarah Connor Chronicles is better than Heroes so far!

It's always good to get an infusion of new blood into a writing group. They bring new and fresh perspective. I'd actually like to know if they are accepting spec scripts or treatments or if they're just sticking with their group of writers.
                        sigpic
                        Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

I hope SGU doesn't go beyond season 1, and MGM allows Devlin & Co to complete the movie trilogy. At least that way, we'll get to see some decent Stargate once again. Unfortunately, the small circle of friends at Bridge just want to keep their jobs. Quality is not a priority. The very concept of SGU speak volumes.
                          sigpic

Comment

from concept to screen can differ wildly. I'm hoping, in this case, that it does. . .
                            sigpic
                            Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

Originally posted by leiasky View Post
                              It's always good to get an infusion of new blood into a writing group. They bring new and fresh perspective. I'd actually like to know if they are accepting spec scripts or treatments or if they're just sticking with their group of writers.
                              The trick is to keep adding new blood before the previous installment is beaten into submission by the old blood. Or better yet, occasionally clear out some of the deadwood.

But I digress. You say "new and fresh perspective" as if that's something TPTB actually want. *pat pat* You'll learn, leia, you'll learn.

Comment

I thought in the interview they did with Brad Write that the alluded to the fact that they would be looking to bring in some new writers while keeping some of the old writers around.

I could be wrong about that, would have to listen to the interview again to be sure.

Comment

Working...
                                X