Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I see that I'm in the minority here, but the one thing I like about stargate is the lack of alien-y aliens. I think that Farscape would have been much better if it were more along the same lines as the stargate franchise. It always seems like a good idea but I've never seen it pulled off in a way that didn't distract from the show - It always ends up corny - or even silly. Either way I am definately going to watch - and I'm PRAYING that it has the quality and creative integrity that we've been enjoying for so many years!

Comment

I agree it would be great if there more outlandish Aliens in SGU, even non humans, but i don't see it happening, at least not every week, it would be too expensive and let's face it far too imaginative of the show runners/writers. let's face it as long as there's Ancients who were the first humans, there will be no shortage of human "Aliens".

Comment

If they bring in humans into SGU they will have to say that the ship seeding gates will have been seeding humans as well but even then that doesn't make much sense as the ship has been seeding gates for millions of years right? That means the humans would have been evolving for millions of years and would be non-human humans.....which doesn't sound too bad. They could still have the human form but evolved to fit their surroundings. Or mated with aliens already present on those worlds to make alien/human hybrids.

The only thing I don't see a way of getting around is alien language. Star Trek has the universal translator but Stargate doesn't. That is the only thing that has bothered me in the show, especialy with Atlantis. 10,000 years is longer than any modern language has been around.

Or maybe they put UTs in our TVs now.
        sigpic

Comment

I wouldn't mind seeing some Human-population worlds with 'alien' cultures on them - it would be interesting to see how Humanity/the Ancients got that far out to set up such cultures in the first place - but I for one am hoping for some more very different & truely alien cultures/species/races to be encountered in SGU (this seems to make perfect sense to me, as the not even the Ancients susposedly explored this far out into the infite universe).

It will also be interesting to see how the 9th chevron plays a role in SGU & how the different gate systems in different galaxies all dial into, & connect with one another; & how long-term alien enemies & allioes far if the Destiny's schedule cannot be controlled or stopped.

Comment

I expect Rygel as recurring character.

Comment

Originally posted by Miroslav View Post
              I expect Rygel as recurring character.
              Thats Dominar Rigel to you

Anyway, I think really they should introduce maybe one or two major alien races that are somewhat different yet manageable for regular appearances and have the crew of the Destiny meet them on occassion.

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

Originally posted by Prior_of_the_Ori View Post
                Thats Dominar Rigel to you

Anyway, I think really they should introduce maybe one or two major alien races that are somewhat different yet manageable for regular appearances and have the crew of the Destiny meet them on occassion.
                yeah that would be really nice, if there were some they could meet , give thme hints and clues maybe.

i would really like to see a bug creature alien, like micheals soldiers.
                one thing that would have made a really cool story idea, if the SGU team brings a virus or sickness that isnt normal in that part of space, so it causes a mutantion

maybe energy life forms that we have seen before. that would be something cool....
                (cold lazaurs) those crystal things,
                now my brothers in arms,, i stand before you now, like our for father did in the heed of battel,let us take the steel and our honor to victory

Comment

I for one, am not a massive fan of exotic-looking aliens. (That's what Star Trek is for), I actually prefer more humans with alien cultures and beliefs. Though a 50:50 human:alien ratio would be quite nice, nah, a 60:40 ratio would be nicer.
                  Last edited by JackHarkness_Hot; 25 September 2008, 07:16 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by lommit View Post
                    well i hope that when i see these different galaxies or planets, i
                    wish it will be more aliens on them, not so much humans!.
                    maybe some gadmeers, or the retu.
                    how cool would'd it be if there was a planet that the acients didnt have anything to do with when it comes to seeding life, a sorte of bug creature or something,,

what do you guys think??
                    i whould be supprixze to even see a human there becouse only humans in MW where from earth and the only ones in Pegasus where from the ancient so i dont think we wil see mouch of humans there

Comment

I personally think they should contact Jim Henson's Creature Shop to come up with something crazylike
                      "I'm being extremely clever up here and there's no one to stand around looking impressed! What's the point in having you all?!" - The Doctor (#11)

Comment

I want plant people!!
                        It feels good to be alive.
                        Cause i've been dead for so long.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostPoet View Post
                          I want plant people!!
                          ....walk like plant...talk like people?

Then why not Crab People??
                          "I'm being extremely clever up here and there's no one to stand around looking impressed! What's the point in having you all?!" - The Doctor (#11)

Comment

plant people, you mean dryads, check the mithology for once! WE WILL SEE FURLINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Heck...why not get some Ents up in there?

For that matter why not work our way up to The Lord of the Gate

Where the valiant SG team defends the Destiny from Orc and Goblin hordes

Comment

Originally posted by Shpinxinator View Post
                                Heck...why not get some Ents up in there?

For that matter why not work our way up to The Lord of the Gate

Where the valiant SG team defends the Destiny from Orc and Goblin hordes
                                jeee that is a good idea hehe

Comment

Working...
                                X