This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by draovwildand View Post
    I hope the entire cast gets stranded at the end of first season, they all die but not before eating each other. That is the only way I would like the whole teen drama, Battlestargate thing. I really hope this new show fails and they bring back atlantis. If I wanted battlestar galatica I would watch it, and if I wanted teen drama, angst, I would just go watch Degrassi. I am 17 and I like the older characters, and all the technobabble.
    I would actually like to see some cannibalism. I mean they wouldn't have to show it necessarily but doing it out of desperation to survive can be really edgy, or having enemies capture your friends and eat them can be scary.

Comment

thats stupid.

look, this isnt gonna be 'lost". it will mean they travel from planet to planet, exploring worlds in the hope to find the destiny again

Comment

I know this isn't the intended theme you are discussing, but when you said, "Left Behind", my first thoughts were, "Yeah, that describes about 70% of Stargate Fans upon hearing the new direction Star Gate wants to go. We all feel, "Left Behind".
        Visit me on http://wormholeriders.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Arctic Goddess View Post
          I know this isn't the intended theme you are discussing, but when you said, "Left Behind", my first thoughts were, "Yeah, that describes about 70% of Stargate Fans upon hearing the new direction Star Gate wants to go. We all feel, "Left Behind".
          I wouldn't say it's 'about' 70% it's about 50/50.
          Many people I think have come to terms with the fact that the SGA show has been cancelled but there's no conclusive proof that it was done just to make Universe.
          As much as people want to assume that this is the case.
          TPTB haven't completely discarded Atlantis (we've still got the movie(s)) and Universe is still gonna have the gate so therer's no reason in my opinion to feel left behind.
          Just look forward to the future, wait and see what comes.

Comment

Originally posted by The Prophet View Post
            Too late xD

Beggers can't be choosers

From a financial and popularity view point; BSG was far more successful than Atlantis; might aswell jump ship and follow in the footsteps of something great than keep up with being average.

Important things like repopulating human civilisation?

Oh wait...

how many people actually had babies?

Comment

Rise of the Phoenix makes a good point. A lot of people are bashing Universe without seeing it, and they are perfectly within their rights to do so. Me, I learned my lesson with Atlantis. I thought I would hate it, but boy, was I proven wrong. Now it is probably my favorite show on nowadays.

And you also have to factor in news fans. Universe might not have the same people watching it that SG-1 did, but then neither does Atlantis. There are plently of people on this forum alone, who happily admit to never watching SG-1 (or very rarely) and still think Atlantis is the cat's pajamas.
              If your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt. ~Henry J. Kaiser

Comment

Originally posted by draovwildand View Post
                how many people actually had babies?
                Practice makes perfect

Comment

Originally posted by Teslan View Post
                  Rise of the Phoenix makes a good point. A lot of people are bashing Universe without seeing it, and they are perfectly within their rights to do so. Me, I learned my lesson with Atlantis. I thought I would hate it, but boy, was I proven wrong. Now it is probably my favorite show on nowadays.

And you also have to factor in news fans. Universe might not have the same people watching it that SG-1 did, but then neither does Atlantis. There are plently of people on this forum alone, who happily admit to never watching SG-1 (or very rarely) and still think Atlantis is the cat's pajamas.
                  Atlantis is the Cat's Pajamas and so is SG1.
                  I'll miss the Atlantis show, but can't wait for the movie and Universe.

I hope Stargate lives on forever

Comment

I don't feel left behind. The journey is not over yet, and I'm hoping Universe proves to have staying power. SG-1 was killed by the exit of RDA, it just didn't know it for two extra years. Atlantis was losing steam with the loss of Weir and the huge error of writing out the doctor. They back-tracked very quickly when there was fan backlash, but the damage was done. Universe needs people we will care about, people who will stay with the franchise as long as it is going, and that won't be killed off for no good reason. Hopefully, MGM and Sci-Fi have learned from their mistakes and are using this clean slate to do it right and keep it going for a very long time. I hope for the best when it comes to Universe. Take your time putting the series together, and test the pilot thoroughly with quality actors/actresses. We are putting our trust in your ideas and talents.

Comment

Working...
                    X