Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So glad I am not not alone when I read this I was not happy because don't they realize the GG gets pummeled by TTSCC on mondays and I watched some of the 90210 and it is bad I watched the orignal and it is nothing like it.

Here is a link to ratings

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....postcount=1025
    sigpic
    My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
    poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

Originally posted by poundpuppy29 View Post
      So glad I am not not alone when I read this I was not happy because don't they realize the GG gets pummeled by TTSCC on mondays and I watched some of the 90210 and it is bad I watched the orignal and it is nothing like it.
      TTSCC is really good.
      sigpic

Comment

I dont know who you guys think you are fooling, you are all gonna watch this show and like it. Otherwise you woulda just said 'thats dumb' and clicked on another sub forum. But you came her and griped, over and over. I see you all in the season1episode1 thread sometime next summer XD

Comment

"20-25. Junior SGC team member. Officer material but green and rough around the edges. Every teenage girl's fantasy. Like a college quarterback thrown into his first pro game, he is thrust into the role of leader well before he's ready for the responsibility and must learn to take command, earn respect through action, and manage the diverse personalities on the ship to keep everyone alive. Like Jason Bourne, he is skilled and well-trained however he is mentally unprepared for the urgency of the situation. SERIES REGULAR;"

Yay! eye candy. I wonder how many times he will take his shirt off.

this is ridiculous, Im so tired of this whole perfect people thing. At least the doctors lack of knowledge sounds some what neat.

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
            But if he's got that many problems, why isn't he somewhere getting help?

If they go with the description, he can't control his temper, he's a liability. Ah, he'll just be another TV stereotype...

Being a dick to people is different than running around the barracks with your gun screaming and shooting. The first case sounds liek someone who ends up being your boss, the second is a berserker. All sorts of people have anger problems in all sorts of jobs. And this guys in a job where itll prolly work out good.

If your pissed off all the time and violent your gonna LOVE a job where u can cut off the tops of aliens heads and gun down enemies infront of hot chicks who will swoon. Prolly get a promotion fast too. I believe thats called being gung-ho.

Comment

Originally posted by kymeric View Post
              I dont know who you guys think you are fooling, you are all gonna watch this show and like it. Otherwise you woulda just said 'thats dumb' and clicked on another sub forum. But you came her and griped, over and over. I see you all in the season1episode1 thread sometime next summer XD
              Who says I am not going to watch it? People have every right to complain here, if they have bad vibes about something, they have every right to have their doubts. Just like how other people may think it will be the best thing ever. All power to them.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by flynn1959 View Post
                I can't shake the name Stargate babies from my mind! I can't wait to see the cast pics from this rubbish, I wonder if they will let the actors wear their school uniforms?
                And I bet they'll have their names stitched inside the collar... Oy! This is such a humongous joke... I'll admit I used to watch The OC - even though I was way past the target audience in terms of age - and I did enjoy it for what it was but I don't want to see it mixed with Stargate. It's just a recipe for disaster and I cannot believe that the producers are not seeing this. There is zero credibility in a team of space explorers no older than 25 and on their own to save whatever galaxy they'll be stranded in. They'll still all be green and wet behind the ears! WTF?!

Someone wake me up from this nightmare... Please?
                "Great... Last time I came face to face with myself, I ended up kicking my own ass..."

- John Sheppard

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
                  Who says I am not going to watch it? People have every right to complain here, if they have bad vibes about something, they have every right to have their doubts. Just like how other people may think it will be the best thing ever. All power to them.
                  Well if the show is a hit then your wrong, thats right opinions can be wrong. I can say moby dick is literary garbage. But no one will listen, and no one will publish or buy my book titled "Moby Dick Suxxorz"

I just wish i had a forum to talk about sgu with something than omgsux wallpapered in every thred.

Comment

Being a dick to people is different than running around the barracks with your gun screaming and shooting. The first case sounds liek someone who ends up being your boss, the second is a berserker. All sorts of people have anger problems in all sorts of jobs. And this guys in a job where itll prolly work out good.

If your pissed off all the time and violent your gonna LOVE a job where u can cut off the tops of aliens heads and gun down enemies infront of hot chicks who will swoon. Prolly get a promotion fast too. I believe thats called being gung-ho.
                    No. That's called being an irresponsible ass that will get people killed.

Comment

I just read the news...and haven't read this entire thread.

IMHO...this is great news for me. It's sounds cheesy and cliche. Ooo, loads of material to pick apart. *rubs hands together with evil laugh*
                      Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

I have no interest in watching a bunch of socially and emotionall lacking twenty somethings. There is nothing I can relate to from these bios and I find it insulting that the ptb are only trying to appeal to the youngsters. I'm totally sick of everything these days being geared towards kids, sorry but the Stargate audience is made up of all age groups but yet the ptb only want to appeal to one portion of that audience. Fans that have supported the franchise for the past 15 years are being tossed aside. I do care that they are all youngsters.. Pouty and psyco kids don't appeal to me at all. I want something of substance and a more diverse cast that can appeal to all ages.

The ptb had the perfect cast on SGA but didnt really know what to do with them or use them to their full potential so instead of trying to develop them they cancell the show and give us babes in space instead.

What a sad way for the franchise to go.
                        sigpic

Comment

Well if the show is a hit then your wrong, thats right opinions can be wrong.
                          I'd personally love to be proven wrong in this case. But it just does not feel like that.

(Remember Star Trek: Nemesis? I had the worst feelings about that the moment I read about the first of its plot. And I was SO right. To TPTB: please don't let me be right with SGU)
                          The cake is a lie!

Comment

Originally posted by Lady Vaako View Post
                            And I bet they'll have their names stitched inside the collar... Oy! This is such a humongous joke... I'll admit I used to watch The OC - even though I was way past the target audience in terms of age - and I did enjoy it for what it was but I don't want to see it mixed with Stargate. It's just a recipe for disaster and I cannot believe that the producers are not seeing this. There is zero credibility in a team of space explorers no older than 25 and on their own to save whatever galaxy they'll be stranded in. They'll still all be green and wet behind the ears! WTF?!

Someone wake me up from this nightmare... Please?
                            *poke* *poke* wakey wakey eggs and bacy

Comment

Looking back over the Atlantis casting call, it has some cliches as well. However, I can only hope that some of this will change before Universe comes out, as it is a little dissapointing to see such flat stereotypical characters.
                              WAKE FOREST UNIVERSITY 2013

Comment

I'm a little iffy on one of the characters...but otherwise, I see a lot of potential here. There is a ton of room for growth in each character.

Not sure on the team leader.

And let me just add....an asian team member. YES!! FINALLY!!!!
                                It feels good to be alive.
                                Cause i've been dead for so long.

Comment

Working...
                                X