This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well they could distribute colorful uniforms. For instance:
    Medical staff wearing white stripes, military staff wearing red stripes, techstaff blue stripes and so on.

Comment

Originally posted by EvilSokar View Post
      Well they could distribute colorful uniforms. For instance:
      Medical staff wearing white stripes, military staff wearing red stripes, techstaff blue stripes and so on.
      Indeed, there was never a need for that kind of thing in SG1. Sure any military medical staff would have insignia denoting their trade, but the civilian staff would just wear whatever. The colour insignia for different trades is remarkably Star Trek.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Pretty sure it's going to be basic military uniforms. It's not like they planned ahead for being trapped on a ship that travels across the universe automatically and sewed special outfits for it.
        It feels good to be alive.
        Cause i've been dead for so long.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostPoet View Post
          Pretty sure it's going to be basic military uniforms. It's not like they planned ahead for being trapped on a ship that travels across the universe automatically and sewed special outfits for it.
          Just think, somewhere in America is a man with the highest security clearance a taylor has ever known...

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Since the trip isn't planned I think they wouldn't have any special uniforms, or spare clothes. The destiny may have might have had a crew at some point because it's supposed to revisiting the various galaxies that the ancients have placed stargates in and see how the civilizations there have developed. If the crew is caught off guard then they will only have the clothes on their back. Considering the Ancients just leave everything where it is then it's likely that the uniforms will be there too. I think it would be totally awesome to have the Ancients uniforms in the show, at least for a little while.

'happiness is a warm gun' sig made by Bandcat
            Draco sig made by Spork67

Comment

Originally posted by Aeyame View Post
              Considering the Ancients just leave everything where it is then it's likely that the uniforms will be there too. I think it would be totally awesome to have the Ancients uniforms in the show, at least for a little while.
              The Destiny is supposed to be millions of years older than Atlantis and Atlantis left for the Pegasus galaxy several million years ago according the the first scene in 'Rising 1'. Wraith clothing lasting 10,000 years ('The Defiant One' and 'Submersion'.) is pushing credibility to its limits.
              Last edited by ciannwn; 04 September 2008, 11:55 PM.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Darien View Post
                Same here. I never really liked Atlantis uniforms (well the new black ones were OK). They looked too "treky".
                I like the Atlantis uniforms. And I do agree it would be cool to see the Destiny crew in Ancient uniforms.

Comment

Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett View Post
                  Indeed, there was never a need for that kind of thing in SG1. Sure any military medical staff would have insignia denoting their trade, but the civilian staff would just wear whatever. The colour insignia for different trades is remarkably Star Trek.
                  People using colour insignia in real life too.

For example fire fighters in some country.

Comment

To what extent?

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ciannwn View Post
                      The Destiny is supposed to be millions of years older than Atlantis and Atlantis left for the Pegasus galaxy several million years ago according the the first scene in 'Rising 1'. Wraith clothing lasting 10,000 years ('The Defiant One' and 'Submersion'.) is pushing credibility to its limits.
                      What does Wraith clothing have to do with it?

Comment

Originally posted by Darien View Post
                        Same here. I never really liked Atlantis uniforms (well the new black ones were OK). They looked too "treky".
                        i know what you mean. As soon as I saw Robert Picardo in the Atlantis suit, I immediateley thought of star trek

Comment

Atlantis having such radically different uniforms never made any sense at all. Bad concept. All they should have had was a different insignia.

Hopefully with SGU we'll get something very close to classic SG-1 olive. Original is always better.

Comment

Originally posted by lunarleviathan View Post
                            Atlantis having such radically different uniforms never made any sense at all. Bad concept. All they should have had was a different insignia.

Hopefully with SGU we'll get something very close to classic SG-1 olive. Original is always better.
                            In this case, I totally agree with you.
                            sigpic
                            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                            "...phu...ah..."
                            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by Aeyame View Post
                              What does Wraith clothing have to do with it?
                              We saw two Wraith whose clothing lasted for 10,000 years. For a lot of viewers this would have been pushing the bounds of credibility - we just have to pretend that they have some super-duper fabrics that don't turn to dust like normal fabrics would after all that time. The Destiny, however, is millions of years older than Atlantis so the idea of Ancient uniforms lasting that long would just be laughable for a lot of viewers. What would the Ancients have made them from? The same materials which they used for constructing Stargates?
                              sigpic

Comment

It could come from the way they store them. Either way I didn't know anyone that cares about the whole wraith clothes thing, and caring that much about such a small detail seems kind of pointless.

Comment

Working...
                                X