Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are you excited about Stargate Universe?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Excited? Hm, no not the word I would use.

I'm welcoming the new series but not excited like a little kid waiting for Christmas with constant reminder of a decorated pine tree in my house.

I haven't been excited about a TV show in a very long time. Not since I was a teenager. A show is just a form of entertainment. But so is gambling and tptb are gambling with this show.

I'm more interested to see how it fairs than its arrival. With an over all disapproval from you fans already there it will be interesting to see how tptb spin things to get fans to watch their new series.

I full expect a massive add campaign to be launched and a well, well, well, known actor for the lead. It will be the only way this series would have a chance.
    Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

Yep, I'm looking forward to SGU. I gave Stargate SG-1 a chance and loved it. I gave Atlantis a chance and enjoyed it. So I'm optimistic that I'll also like Universe.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Alteran of Atlantis
        But the younger audience thing? I'm fourteen for crying out loud! How much younger do TPTB want me to be? How can you make a show for a younger audience when it attracts them already?
        LOL! Perhaps they're aiming at the Sesame Street or Teletubbies audience...

Originally posted by EvenstarSRV View Post
        Yep, I'm looking forward to SGU. I gave Stargate SG-1 a chance and loved it. I gave Atlantis a chance and enjoyed it. So I'm optimistic that I'll also like Universe.
        It's probably the best way to look at it. But I am a bit cranky to be forced to change my allegiance again in such a sort period of time (in my neck of the woods, SG1 ended last December...).
        sigpic
        Beautiful signature and avatar by Yamiinsane. You're a mind reader!
        Aristides de Sousa Mendes

Comment

yes i want to see how it turns out
          sigpic

ATLANTIS RULES

Comment

ill give it a couple episodes but i will NEVER EVER forget the insta betrayal for canning SGA for SGU NEVER

Comment

A question is: If SGU proves to be good after all, are they going to cancel it too before it reaches its full potential?
              My Stargate Atlantis fanfictions - Wraith font
              Todd contacts Atlantis once more... (spoilers up to season 4) 1. Glimpse Into the Evil | 2. Of Wraith and Men (in progress)
              sigpic

Comment

I'm actually excited about the new show. I think it has a lot of potential.
                It feels good to be alive.
                Cause i've been dead for so long.

Comment

Originally posted by Laura Dove View Post
                  A question is: If SGU proves to be good after all, are they going to cancel it too before it reaches its full potential?
                  ep, for the forth series...Stargate 90210
                  Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

STARGATE: Daycare.
                    It feels good to be alive.
                    Cause i've been dead for so long.

Comment

I'll probably be excited about it once my anger and depression from the cancellation of Atlantis wears off.

Comment

Originally posted by Alteran of Atlantis View Post
                        But the younger audience thing? I'm fourteen for crying out loud! How much younger do TPTB want me to be? How can you make a show for a younger audience when it attracts them already?
                        I personally didn't really see the 'younger audience' comment as referring to the age of the potential viewers, but more about having SGU not be quite as family-friendly as SGA and SG-1.

I think they're aiming for the the BSG audience, with the SGU storylines probably being darker and edgier.

sigpic

Comment

Curious, excited & supportive; can't wait to see how it turns out (it better be good! *lol*).

Comment

Working...
                          X