Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The I'm still ticked off at TPTB for SGA but will still give SGU a chance thread.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem is, the SGA cancellation came on the decision with MGM more rather than SCI FI. Brad Wright had said it himself, that running two shows back to back is very exhausting. MGM also wanted to get another SG-1 DVD movie out next year. So there ya go.

Seriously though, if anyone still thinks SGA's cancellation was ratings related you need to re-read all the press releases and interviews with the producers. Atlantis could be beating the top show of the network and they would still be cancelled.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
      Problem is, the SGA cancellation came on the decision with MGM more rather than SCI FI. Brad Wright had said it himself, that running two shows back to back is very exhausting. MGM also wanted to get another SG-1 DVD movie out next year. So there ya go.

Seriously though, if anyone still thinks SGA's cancellation was ratings related you need to re-read all the press releases and interviews with the producers. Atlantis could be beating the top show of the network and they would still be cancelled.
      I think you've just put your finger on the main reason many feel betrayed. SCIFI cancelled SG-1, and MGM responded with the movies in an effort to keep it alive. However with SGA, MGM cancelled it, and have offered us the movie as a consolation prize, while in almost the same breath saying thanks for your support, money and viewership for 12 years, but now we'd like to focus on a new audience, because you are either too old to count or will follow us, lemminglike, because we are the Stargate franchise.

Some of us have raised concerns in the past over SCIFI's seeming disconnectedness with modern audiences. I've become accostomed to the fact that if ratings drop below a certain amount, SCIFI will can the show whether I still think it has merit or not. I can accept that. The slap in the face has been that the ratings have been good, and improving, and MGM have pulled the plug regardless.
      sigpic
      My LJ & Fics * Proud Member of W.A.S.P. * Pay It Forward

Comment

Well your thread title probably says it all for me. I'm still a bit ticked off because of the cancel announcement (but still glad there going for a movie format tho, I rather have that then nothing). But they have to make SGU very spectacular with a very nice story line to keep me/us interested. But we'lll probably just have to wait and see. Nothing much we can do about it.
        sigpic
        by Snowflake Shona

Comment

this is my kind of thread people!! i've been finding the whole "they cancelled SGA!! let's boycott SGU" mentality very immature, they don't seem to realise, that it will be revenue from SGU that will pay for SGA movies etc!!
          Spoiler:
          Disclaimer:
          I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
          Quotes!
          - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
          - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
          - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
          sigpic

Comment

It still seems like an odd business decision to me (but I guess that's why I'm not in business eh?)

Now I'm no fan of Atlantis but canceling Atlantis for an untested show at the same time that they're losing BSG and getting yet another untested show in it's place?

Seems odd to me. (not to mention that Caprica is going to be totally different from BSG as far as I can tell, so there's no guarantee there will be carry over there either).

All I can say is that BW must have really sold SGU to MGM and SciFi for them to cancel Atlantis for it, so it's gotta be at least half-way decent. (Right?) I might check it out if I've got the time and inclination, see if they actually do something different with this show or not.

And I will now leave lest I stray further off the topic.
            "Prepare to meet your DOOM."

"It's not about making money, it's about taking money. Destroying the status quo, because the status is not quo. The world is a mess and I just need to...rule it."

GADZOOKS

Comment

Working...
            X