This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Yaxez View Post
    No, SGA is infinitely more pathethic than BSG.
    Post season 1 BSG is pretentious drivel.

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
      Post season 1 BSG is pretentious drivel.
      I'm going to have to agree to disagree with you on this, jenks.
      If you've seen a Jeff O'Connor or a JeffZero or a Jeff Zero or a JeffZeroConnor elsewhere on the net, there's a considerable chance it's me.

Comment

Originally posted by Ikaros View Post
        This isn't the first bad thing about SGU.
        Lets see:
        a) They say that they needed a show to cover the gap BSG will leave when it's over.
        BSG is a space opera.......Pathetic show
        Far from it, BSG has higher ratings and is higher rated than Stargate Atlantis. Admitted I prefer Atlantis, but in terms of what each draws, BSG draws more. Far from a pathetic show.

b)They cancel SGA for it, and they don't even care to let those people finninsh their jobs before they make the anouncments.
        Pathetic behaviour
        They have finished their jobs. They have filmed at least half of the season, if not all of it. So who are they putting out of their jobs here exactly?

No one, as even if they have half a season to film. They are contracted to film it, they are paid to film it and then they can go off and film the movie, and then go off and get any other acting job in any other tv series or movie.

Take Michael Shanks, he's appeared in 24, and has had other projects. Amanda Tapping has other projects. So its not like they won't have a job at the end of the dya, they are all in general, good actors and actresses who will easily find new work.

c)They cancel SGA because they're suppossed to be short of money, but they put more money into their new show!
        Pathetic excuse
        They might be short of money because the show has nearly been cancelled before, and furthermore this new idea to fill the void of BSG, or this new idea might appeal more to Sci Fi and MGM than another season of Atlantis.

d)They make those comments about "ages" and new audiences andtreat their fan base of 12 years like cattle, at least.
        Pathetic thinking
        Far from it, I'm 19 and I have only watched Stargate in the past two or three years, since the release on DVD of Stargate Atlantis Season 1 in the UK. So in reality they are trying to draw more people of my age and the younger generations, but they aren't excluding and kicking out the older fans who have been there since day one. They are simply want to draw in more fans, as higher ratings = more money.

As let me ask you a question, what is the point in getting rid of SGA for another Stargate series aimed at the same fans?

None whatsoever, as the ratings won't rise, they won't change anything. This is change, this is something which can make Stargate mainstream whilst keeping hold of its fans. They just want more ratings so they can get more money.

e)They form a team of 1.Someone like Jack and 2. Someone like Mckay, but in both cases they're younger...
        Pathetic imagination
        If I'm reading this right, you are opposed or disliking the fact they pick younger people right?

Okay I can understand that, but RDA is 50 odd maybe, how many 50 odd year old marines and air force personel go around on covert missions?

I guess not many, generally you will find those kinda people are mid 20s to mid to late 40s. Also having someone like RDA as the main character, he's in his 50s now and is restricted to some of the things he can do. So how many seasons will he last, could he do another 10? Maybe, maybe not.

f)They form a team of four more people around those two., ALL OFF THEM 20-25,all of them: sexy,etc etc etc....quarterbacks, every girls dream...
        Simply Pathetic sci fi, if sci fi at all...
        Believe me i have more sci fi moments in my own life....
        Yes because having people who look like chicken's backsides or the hunch back of notredamn would draw people to watch. Not at all, they pick good looking lead actors and actresses because that's been done since day one near enough. Its not just Sci Fi, its main stream films and tv series period.
        sigpic

Comment

Atlantis

Season 1 = Very good
          Season 2 = Good
          Season 3 = Ok
          Season 4 = Repetative
          Season 5 = Lost all interest

Stargate Sg-1

Season 1-10 = Gold

All seasons of BSG = Watchable, no more, no less.

Lets see how universe does.

Im fairly certain that the Atlantis movie will suck, just like the ark of truth. Continuum was pretty good movie though.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike1989 View Post
            Far from it, BSG has higher ratings and is higher rated than Stargate Atlantis. Admitted I prefer Atlantis, but in terms of what each draws, BSG draws more. Far from a pathetic show.
            Does it? From what I can tell when aired at comparable times, they get about the same ratings, and have done from the beginning...

Comment

No, SGA is infinitely more pathethic than BSG.
              Yes there was no floor Fu***ng in SGA

Are you talking about your own behaviour? Well It sure is pathetic.
              nice one

Have you ever heard of sponsors?
              I thought all they needed was rattings.But all they needed was something to replace BSG

Awww, are you feeling put aside, like usual?
              Yes at my 34 i am starting to have problems... can't walk like i use to, i drool,i have headaches.....nobody loves me.. you know ..all that..

[/QUOTE]=Yaxez;8958052]Sheppard = Jack O'neill
              Rodney = Samantha
              Ronan = Teal'c[/QUOTE]
              Jack=unique
              Rodney=Unique
              Sam=Unique
              Teal'c=Unique

Yes, when have you ever seen a tv show with ugly people? Of course they go for the good looking.
              I know off many shows with Ordinary, good looking people and even ugly ones yes. Playboy and girl's magazines include the characters introduced for SGU.

[/QUOTE]With that sharp mind of yours im not surprised.[/QUOTE]

Observant eeeh?
              Spoiler:
              APOLLONIUS OF TYANA
              (YEAR 0 - 100)
              "O thou Sun,
              send me as far over the earth
              as is my pleasure and thine,
              and may I make the acquaintance of good men,
              but never hear anything of bad ones,
              nor they of me."

sigpic

Comment

Draws more money, i'll agree. Yet it depends on what you call pathetic.

They have finished their jobs. They have filmed at least half of the season, if not all of it. So who are they putting out of their jobs here exactly?
                ;/ I didn't say they're putting anyone out of job.I said they should at least wait until they'd finish filming to tell them it's over.

No one, as even if they have half a season to film. They are contracted to film it, they are paid to film it and then they can go off and film the movie, and then go off and get any other acting job in any other tv series or movie.

They might be short of money because the show has nearly been cancelled before, and furthermore this new idea to fill the void of BSG, or this new idea might appeal more to Sci Fi and MGM than another season of Atlantis.
                The show had better rattings every year.. and what they might have thought as a busines move, doesn't really apeal to me as a Stargate fan.

Far from it, I'm 19 and I have only watched Stargate in the past two or three years, since the release on DVD of Stargate Atlantis Season 1 in the UK. So in reality they are trying to draw more people of my age and the younger generations, but they aren't excluding and kicking out the older fans who have been there since day one. They are simply want to draw in more fans, as higher ratings = more money.

As let me ask you a question, what is the point in getting rid of SGA for another Stargate series aimed at the same fans?

None whatsoever, as the ratings won't rise, they won't change anything. This is change, this is something which can make Stargate mainstream whilst keeping hold of its fans. They just want more ratings so they can get more money.
                I repeat myself, the rattings where rising for SGA.And what i said is that there is no point to make those silly excuses.They already have a young fan base. Actually they have a fan base from 10-50 if you ask me.So what is the point of making a show for just the 10-20 ones?Especially when the others are the ones with the ability to buy at will....

If I'm reading this right, you are opposed or disliking the fact they pick younger people right?
                No you don't, what i say is that they didn't came up with anything new, when it comes to those two characters.

Yes because having people who look like chicken's backsides or the hunch back of notredamn would draw people to watch. Not at all, they pick good looking lead actors and actresses because that's been done since day one near enough. Its not just Sci Fi, its main stream films and tv series period.
                I wouldn't mind the 'good looking", what i mind is the "sexy party girl" and the "every girl's dream quarterback"
                Spoiler:
                APOLLONIUS OF TYANA
                (YEAR 0 - 100)
                "O thou Sun,
                nor they of me."

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Zelda fan View Post
                  if universe does bad then that means MGM was justified to cancel Atlantis
                  No it doesn't.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnDuh View Post
                    No it doesn't.
                    Yeah, wow, that post was definitely some of the worst logic I've seen from this uproar. Thanks for bringing it to the front so I could note its lack of sense-making.
                    If you've seen a Jeff O'Connor or a JeffZero or a Jeff Zero or a JeffZeroConnor elsewhere on the net, there's a considerable chance it's me.

Comment

Draws more money, i'll agree. Yet it depends on what you call pathetic.

;/ I didn't say they're putting anyone out of job.I said they should at least wait until they'd finish filming to tell them it's over.

The show had better rattings every year.. and what they might have thought as a busines move, doesn't really apeal to me as a Stargate fan.

I repeat myself, the rattings where rising for SGA.And what i said is that there is no point to make those silly excuses.They already have a young fan base. Actually they have a fan base from 10-50 if you ask me.So what is the point of making a show for just the 10-20 ones?Especially when the others are the ones with the ability to buy at will....

No you don't, what i say is that they didn't came up with anything new, when it comes to those two characters.

I wouldn't mind the 'good looking", what i mind is the "sexy party girl" and the "every girl's dream quarterback"

Wow you are being extremly narrow minded try and see the merit in what other peolpe are saying. If you stop trying to completly dismiss what other people are saying to you they will be more open minded to you.

Comment

Ikaros:

This is how i would describe them on paper.

[Jack O'Neill] Born leader, good at making quick decisions, pilot, Skilled with all firearms, likes to play a bit dumber than he actually is, if needed he has no problem with working alone, he actually shines when he does it. His ethics and great tactical thinking guides his decisions. A warm and lovable leader who loves and protects his team with his life.

[John Sheppard] Born leader, good at making quick decisions, pilot, Skilled with all firearms, likes to play a bit dumber than he actually is, if needed he has no problem with working alone, he actually shines when he does it. His ethics and great tactical thinking guides his decisions. A warm and lovable leader who loves and protects his team with his life.

Id say he's a pretty damn good copy of Jack O'Neill. Of course he has differences that has developed during Atlantis, but they couldn't make him exactly the same now could they?

...only almost.

I can do the same thing with Rodney if you want too.

Comment

Originally posted by Ackeb View Post
                          Wow you are being extremly narrow minded try and see the merit in what other peolpe are saying. If you stop trying to completly dismiss what other people are saying to you they will be more open minded to you.
                          I am not the narrow minded here. And i'll suggest you read all posts before starting to call people names.
                          I 'll admit that i am pissed though.And beeing pissed makes me kind of crounchy.I can't force anyone to accept my feelings and ideas.. BUT I WONT ACCEPT ANYONE CALLING ME NAMES BECAUSE OF THE WAY I FEEL AND THINK!!!
                          and that goes for Yahez to..
                          Spoiler:
                          APOLLONIUS OF TYANA
                          (YEAR 0 - 100)
                          "O thou Sun,
                          nor they of me."

sigpic

Comment

Ikaros:

This is how i would describe them on paper.

[Jack O'Neill] Born leader, good at making quick decisions, pilot, Skilled with all firearms, likes to play a bit dumber than he actually is, if needed he has no problem with working alone, he actually shines when he does it. His ethics and great tactical thinking guides his decisions. A warm and lovable leader who loves and protects his team with his life.

[John Sheppard] Born leader, good at making quick decisions, pilot, Skilled with all firearms, likes to play a bit dumber than he actually is, if needed he has no problem with working alone, he actually shines when he does it. His ethics and great tactical thinking guides his decisions. A warm and lovable leader who loves and protects his team with his life.

Id say he's a pretty damn good copy of Jack O'Neill. Of course he has differences that has developed during Atlantis, but they couldn't make him exactly the same now could they?

...only almost.

I can do the same thing with Rodney if you want too.
                            You compared Rodney with Carter for crying out loud....
                            The only thing they have i common is their studies in astrophysics........
                            Spoiler:
                            APOLLONIUS OF TYANA
                            (YEAR 0 - 100)
                            "O thou Sun,
                            nor they of me."

sigpic

Comment

I think we should actually watch the first few episodes of SGU before deciding to boycott it. (It might turn out to be better than Atlantis for all we know.)

As bad as I feel that Atlantis is cancelled, at least it went on to season 4 and 5. At the end of season 3 it had about the same TV rating as SG1, yet SG1 got cancelled.

Comment

BUT I WONT ACCEPT ANYONE CALLING ME NAMES BECAUSE OF THE WAY I FEEL AND THINK!!!
                                and that goes for Yahez to..
                                When have i ever called you names? I may have mildly insulted you.. but if you plan on writing like this on forums you better get used to it.

Comment

Working...
                                X