This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ikaros View Post
    If you have read al posts you would have noticed that i didn't insulted anyone on any on my posts. And more so i haven't used irony either, unless i was provocked. Why my manners to others seem bad to you , while when i was being insulted you didn't react at all?
    I have read all posts and if you notice I have been active on this thread for awhile. It seems to be the ways in which you handle other peoples comments that provokes rude comments being made toward you. You dont need to be insulting people to be rude either, its more how your saying what your saying.

Comment

Boycott the Universe series is the worst thing if you want Atlantis to be saved.
      "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

you guys do realize, that if SGU works out, it doenst matter wheter you boycott it or not. younger people will be attracted, so they watch, so wheter a few dozen dont watch doesnt matter

Comment

Realistically if SGU had run against SGAs 6th season SGA would have suffered for it, and possibly damaged both franchises. Remember how DS9 got forgotten when Voyager began? THAT.

I love atlantis and ill love its movies too. Eventually i may like SGU more than atlantis like happened with SG1>Atlantis, well see....

Comment

Originally posted by Ackeb View Post
            I have read all posts and if you notice I have been active on this thread for awhile. It seems to be the ways in which you handle other peoples comments that provokes rude comments being made toward you. You dont need to be insulting people to be rude either, its more how your saying what your saying.
            Ohh!! and how come you missed this one ??? How about this behaviour? Or those who agree with you can say whatever they want and be ok with you?
            And btw i haven't insulted or been insulted by anyone until this one.So don't go make it soud like it happens every day.
            Jaffa Fodder

Yaxez is now incubating, and will one day take a human host
            Default Re: Boycott Universe!!!
            Quote:
            Originally Posted by Ikaros View Post
            This isn't the first bad thing about SGU.
            Lets see:
            a) They say that they needed a show to cover the gap BSG will leave when it's over.
            BSG is a space opera.......Pathetic show
            No, SGA is infinitely more pathethic than BSG.
            Quote:
            b)They cancel SGA for it, and they don't even care to let those people finninsh their jobs before they make the anouncments.
            Pathetic behaviour
            Are you talking about your own behaviour? Well It sure is pathetic.
            Quote:
            c)They cancel SGA because they're suppossed to be short of money, but they put more money into their new show!
            Pathetic excuse
            Have you ever heard of sponsors?
            Quote:
            d)They make those comments about "ages" and new audiences andtreat their fan base of 12 years like cattle, at least.
            Pathetic thinking
            Awww, are you feeling put aside, like usual?
            Quote:
            e)They form a team of 1.Someone like Jack and 2. Someone like Mckay, but in both cases they're younger...
            Pathetic imagination
            Sheppard = Jack O'neill
            Rodney = Samantha
            Ronan = Teal'c

It's not like this is a first.
            Quote:
            f)They form a team of four more people around those two., ALL OFF THEM 20-25,all of them: sexy,etc etc etc....quarterbacks, every girls dream...
            Simply Pathetic sci fi, if sci fi at all...
            Yes, when have you ever seen a tv show with ugly people? Of course they go for the good looking.
            Quote:
            Believe me i have more sci fi moments in my own life....
            With that sharp mind of yours im not surprised.
            "O thou Sun,
            send me as far over the earth
            as is my pleasure and thine,
            and may I make the acquaintance of good men,
            but never hear anything of bad ones,
            nor they of me."

sigpic

Comment

i hope you can see who says what
              this is yahez quoting me.
              Spoiler:
              APOLLONIUS OF TYANA
              (YEAR 0 - 100)
              "O thou Sun,
              nor they of me."

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by stargate71287 View Post
                GREAT.So we've been denied Season 6 of Atlantis,just as we're loving the new changes.So let's boycott Universe in protest.
                I can just imagine an interview with the directors:

"so what's the story behind universe?" "oh, we're very excited about universe." "that's good, because no-one else is."

Ha!
                Anyone agree?There's no point petitioning,that did nothing for SG1,all we can do is show the <don't call tptb names> in the big black chairs that we're not happy.
                It's Atlantis or nothing at all? Right. I'm perfectly happy with having Universe plus occasional SG-1 and SGA movies.

Comment

i hope you can see who says what
                  this is yahez quoting me.
                  Lol firstly I couldnt really tell who was saying what in that, but I see your point. Althought I still will say though that I think that you were being a little narrow minded in your views.

Comment

I am not the narrow minded here. And i'll suggest you read all posts before starting to call people names.
                    I 'll admit that i am pissed though.And beeing pissed makes me kind of crounchy.I can't force anyone to accept my feelings and ideas.. BUT I WONT ACCEPT ANYONE CALLING ME NAMES BECAUSE OF THE WAY I FEEL AND THINK!!!
                    and that goes for Yahez to..
                    You were clearly not talking to me with this post, I can agree that i have mildly insulted you. But to put it all on me now?? For shame!

I did!!!!Haven't you noticed?
                    Nope, sorry.

Now

Comment

so how many of you would watch universe if atlantis wasnt cancalled? i know i probably would

Originally posted by kymeric View Post
                      Realistically if SGU had run against SGAs 6th season SGA would have suffered for it, and possibly damaged both franchises. Remember how DS9 got forgotten when Voyager began? THAT.

I love atlantis and ill love its movies too. Eventually i may like SGU more than atlantis like happened with SG1>Atlantis, well see....
                      i dont see that at all, i have 2 points

1: if anything ds9 picked up when voyager began, how could you think ds9's later seasons were ****?

2: sg-1 and sga ran together and it didnt "ruin" the franchise, why would you think sga & sgu running together would ruin it?
                      Last Movie Watched
                      X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
                      Life is Strange

Comment

Originally posted by mr_kennedy View Post
                        2: sg-1 and sga ran together and it didnt "ruin" the franchise, why would you think sga & sgu running together would ruin it?
                        Agreed it did not ruin the franchise and would definetly not ruin it if SGU and SGA were run side by side. That said it is taxing on the crew, writers and producers, and directors which would be working on both at the same time.

Would it have been better to run the shows together for a season or two? I belive so, it worked sucsessfully with SGA and SG-1 in easing the fans into the new show. Had they done this they might have retained more of the fanbase of SGA.

Comment

Lol firstly I couldnt really tell who was saying what in that, but I see your point. Althought I still will say though that I think that you were being a little narrow minded in your views.
                          Your opinion!!! lots of people that don't bother to join the Universe forum, but stick to Atlantis instead, would agree with me.
                          We disagree, and my inability to handle the english language well, makes me sound like that to you.
                          But clearly i haven't said anything new. Lots of people agree to what i said and said it themselves.
                          And yes i suck with at handling the functions to
                          Spoiler:
                          APOLLONIUS OF TYANA
                          (YEAR 0 - 100)
                          "O thou Sun,
                          nor they of me."

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Yaxez View Post
                            You were clearly not talking to me with this post, I can agree that i have mildly insulted you. But to put it all on me now?? For shame!

Nope, sorry.

Now
                            To whom else shall i putt it on?
                            I am in this forum just because i find no interrest in no "fighting".
                            You have to disagree to have a dialogue. I can't post in a forum where everybody says"yes, good point" all the time.
                            Now as you saw in previus posts, my sword is out and shined. You have to fight your way with me, before you demand anything !
                            Spoiler:
                            APOLLONIUS OF TYANA
                            (YEAR 0 - 100)
                            "O thou Sun,
                            nor they of me."

sigpic

Comment

Agreed it did not ruin the franchise and would definetly not ruin it if SGU and SGA were run side by side. That said it is taxing on the crew, writers and producers, and directors which would be working on both at the same time.

Would it have been better to run the shows together for a season or two? I belive so, it worked sucsessfully with SGA and SG-1 in easing the fans into the new show. Had they done this they might have retained more of the fanbase of SGA.
                              Yes they could have done that.They did it before and things went smoother.
                              Not doing it again it's just another prove that the channel's financial problems (or programming) was the main reason of this cancelation.
                              Actually it might not been the executive producer's idea in the first place. People in here said that they knew that the Sci fi channel had a word even on what the episodes where about.
                              The channel has propably different plans from what the executive producers ot the rest of the tptb had. And that makes our little conversations in here a little vain
                              Spoiler:
                              APOLLONIUS OF TYANA
                              (YEAR 0 - 100)
                              "O thou Sun,
                              nor they of me."

sigpic

Comment

Your opinion!!! lots of people that don't bother to join the Universe forum, but stick to Atlantis instead, would agree with me.
                                This is only speculation, you can't speak for all those people.

Comment

Working...
                                X