Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many of you would watch a new show SG Universe or an SG Command if...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ikaros View Post
    why is there a single nation in commant of sgc? i thought the IOA was......
    I think it's basically that the SGC is under US control, being part of the US military after all. The IOA don't directly control the SGC, but they do have a say in how it's run and funded. Then again, it's a while since I've looked into this, so I might be completely wrong!
    And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
    sigpic
    Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

I think a spin off of an internationally controlled gate would be fine. As long as the main focus wasn't the politics. Just a nice healthy dose.
      Could be an idea for a future spin off.

We all know they'll eventually do a spin off set in the future. I'd hope they did some sort of, not to distant future, which its not a specific time frame but all looks mainly the same with some newer tech. You'd have to have the gate in a new location, i'd assume. It'd be a great way to just refresh some of the sg look.

Comment

I'd rather see a NATO type organisation which includes the Chinese and the Gate staying where it is. It's not that I don't like stories about politics etc. but I'm just thinking of the following -

1: Stargate is filmed in Canada. Even though characters in China could all speak English they wouldn't do it with US or Canadian accents. Finding extras for Chinese personnel who just wander around in the background is one thing but the number of characters who say something would be limited to the number of available actors who could pass as someone in China speaking English as a second language. I'm guessing there's more chance of finding one actor who can be a Russian and another who can be English etc. etc.so an international organisation could be more feasible.

2: China doesn't look like Vancouver or its surrounding areas. This could cause problems if they wanted to have a story where some of the characters leave the base.

Originally posted by Thunderbird 2
        we got a former Eastenders actor playing a Jaffa in SG1! Specifically Craig Fairbrass as Arkad, in Talion - His broad cockney accent had me wincing all through the episode, as it wrecked credibility.
        This spoiled Talion for me because I kept having visions of the Jaffa planet, Walford. A Jaffa with a Cockney accent is as crazy as having a Wraith with an Irish or Australian accent.
        sigpic

Comment

I personally think it wouldn't work. The IOA has proven its ineffective, so a show based where the control of the gate is given to another international organization, basically it'd be the same type of politicians running it, and it would suck. Of course I always get nausiated by politicians in the real world, and seeing them on TV, well I just don't like it, even the few times that the've had politicians on the show, I have to fast forward thru their talking, but hey that's just me though.

Comment

Working...
          X