Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Stargate Universe" Discussion/Speculation (Spoilers)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At a time when I'm depressed over the cancellation, that cheered me up a bit. Thank you.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
    K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

My thoughts:
      Agreeing with CarmenCatalina

I loved SGA- I was very dissapointed when SGA was cancelled. I would have loved to have seen a 6th or more season. of SGA. I wanted to give SGU a chance and I'm glad I did, it is a fantastic show, and I love it. I don't think quality had anything to do with SGU's cancellation, myself. I think it took all the best qualities of Stargate and went even better.
      I'm not media-savvy so I don't know the particulars, as to why the ratings were low. I would have loved to see SGA continue a 6th or higher season in front of SGU(like SGI/SGA) but they didn't do that for whatever reason-(I'm assuming-financial?) I would love to see the movies made, too. But I'm assuming they weren't for financial reasons(MGM bankruptcy)
      Last edited by Perelandra; 20 December 2010, 07:20 AM.

Comment

It's all my fault MattSilver 3K. I loved both SGU and Caprica.
        Every time I really get into a show, get invested in the charactars, and look forward to watching every week, it gets canceled. Every single time. I'm just going to quit watching TV.
        The shows I don't care about run 10 or 20 seasons or more.
        (SG1 is an exeception but I never watched SG1until I got into SGA so SG1 was almost over by then)

(Oops forgot to add Matts' post about both SGU and Caprica-shame)

Comment

Originally posted by g.o.d View Post
          no

It was just recycled SG-1 with a blue stargate"

love it. It's so true
          WEll, it's still funny as hell.

It was so true. I enjoyed it as "SG-1 in another galaxy," but that's all it was. It really wasn't original for the majority of the last three seasons.
          "Goodbye Eli Wallace, you're a good man."
          - imlad, from http://www.readandfindout.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Perelandra View Post
            Every time I really get into a show, get invested in the charactars, and look forward to watching every week, it gets canceled.
            You and me, both, Perelandra. I loved SGU and Caprica, so I doomed them BOTH!
            sigpic
            Goodbye and Good Travels, Destiny!

Comment

Originally posted by carmencatalina View Post
              You and me, both, Perelandra. I loved SGU and Caprica, so I doomed them BOTH!
              Nonsense. No one dooms shows like Jelgate. Jelgate is going to speak in 3rd until he doesn't doom a show or the Apcoclaypse. Whatever comes first. Jelgate bets the latter
              Originally posted by aretood2
              Jelgate is right

Comment

I miss Elizabeth, too. Sniff.
                sigpic

Comment

I miss Elizabeth, too. Sniff.
                  Me too. That's when the show started getting bad, IMO. It was still recycled pretty well from SG-1, but it just wasn't as good as with Elizabeth.

Comment

Originally posted by Perelandra View Post
                    Every time I really get into a show, get invested in the charactars, and look forward to watching every week, it gets canceled. Every single time. I'm just going to quit watching TV.
                    The shows I don't care about run 10 or 20 seasons or more.
                    (SG1 is an exeception but I never watched SG1until I got into SGA so SG1 was almost over by then)

(Oops forgot to add Matts' post about both SGU and Caprica-shame)
                    Did you also watch: Dark Angel, The 4400, T:TSSC, Dollhouse, Farscape, Firefly and SGA?
                    'cause I did, and all of them got cancelled, too.
                    A black hole swallowed this sig pic.

Comment

Originally posted by Jper View Post
                      Did you also watch: Dark Angel, The 4400, T:TSSC, Dollhouse, Farscape, Firefly and SGA?
                      'cause I did, and all of them got cancelled, too.
                      Yes to Dark Angel, Dollhouse, Farscape, Firefly and SGA. No to 4400 and T:TSSC (??), but I'm sure if I had watched them, they would have been canceled.

I actually threw a shoe (slipper) at the TV at the "end" of Farscape. The movie helped.
                      sigpic

Comment

Yes to Dark Angel, Dollhouse, Farscape, Firefly and SGA. No to 4400 and T:TSSC (??), but I'm sure if I had watched them, they would have been canceled.

I actually threw a shoe (slipper) at the TV at the "end" of Farscape. The movie helped.
                        I always find Farscape to be an interesting case because its a rare one. A big factor to their cancellation was going over budget
                        Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                          I always find Farscape to be an interesting case because its a rare one. A big factor to their cancellation was going over budget
                          Isn't that a factor for a lot of shows that run for awhile? I remember reading somewhere that that's why Star Treks TNG, DS9, and Voyager were all brought to an end.

Comment

Yes to Farscape and SGA and of course-canceled.

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                              Nonsense. No one dooms shows like Jelgate. Jelgate is going to speak in 3rd until he doesn't doom a show or the Apcoclaypse. Whatever comes first. Jelgate bets the latter
                              YOu guys are making me feel a little better !!

Comment

Originally posted by J-Whitt Remastered View Post
                                Isn't that a factor for a lot of shows that run for awhile? I remember reading somewhere that that's why Star Treks TNG, DS9, and Voyager were all brought to an end.
                                Higher productions costs are what outdo many TV shows in they need more money every year. Not a lot of shows finance a season for more money that they are given.
                                Jelgate is right

Comment

Working...
                                X