Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Stargate Universe" Discussion/Speculation (Spoilers)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interesting:

“I played Dr. Damji,” Darshi said. “What had happened was when I got the role I did a couple of days of work on Stargate Universe but all the heavier juicier stuff was later. Then I found out actually that I ended up getting the role of Kate Freelander during the same time and unfortunately there were scheduling conflicts so I had to do one or the other. Because Kate Freelander was such a great role and I really wanted it, and of course it was one of the leads, I ended up going to Sanctuary. Because of that they had to scrap Dr. Damji because I wasn’t able to do that role. I think you’ll see me in a couple of scenes… a dinner scene or whatever sitting next to David Blue. But I don’t say anything. They cut out all my lines so they could not have to worry about that character [laughs].”
    http://www.cinemaspy.com/television-...eelander-8891/

Comment

That's right! I do remember seeing her now.
      sigpic

Comment

cwillmanbunge writes: “Nothing personal, but when it comes to series finales the ones for SG-1, SGA, and SGU were okay, but they weren’t satisfying.”

Answer: To be fair, with the exception of SG-1, they weren’t planned as series finale but season finales. In the case of both SGA and SGU, we thought chances were good that we would be back or, in a worst case scenario, would at least be afforded the opportunity to wrap things up with a movie.

cwillmangue also writes: “If at all possible, please, do what you can to at least get a movie for Atlantis and Universe.”

Answer: Believe me, I’d love nothing more than to see an Atlantis and/or Universe move go into production. Brad Wright (franchise co-creator and Exec. Producer) pushed hard but, in the end, the final decision lay in the hands of MGM. At present, it seems unlikely they’ll be giving the green-light to any SG-1, SGA, or SGU-related project.

dodoalda writes: “Any news from Joel Goldsmith regarding the SGU soundtrack?”

Answer: Joel has actually been quite busy, out on the road, doing his own thing.

Ben writes: “The story arc between ‘Faith’ and ‘Incursion Part 3′, regarding the ‘Eden’ planet and TJ leaving her daughter there was absolutely incredible-one of the most emotional scenes I’ve seen on tv, nevermind Stargate alone. Obviously later we found that Destiny was behind her ‘OOBE’ and those who stayed behind on Eden didn’t really survive. The way it was left before we discovered that was brilliant because you truly didn’t know what to think (I was thinking while watching how amazing the writing was). Were you at all tempted to leave that arc open ended?”

Answer: We knew we were going to do a story in which we revisited the people we’d left behind on the Faith planet eventually so, when that happened, the truth would be revealed. I don’t think it would have been possible to have kept that particular element open-ended.
        http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...h-the-mailbag/
        sigpic
        The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Just watched the Intervention commentary, and it's interesting to note that Boone was always planned as an openly gay character, but had to pull out of filming because he got cast on General Hospital. I thought it was worth mentioning because I know a few people claimed that the producers sort of copped out in that department, by only having a lesbian character, which for whatever reason seems to be a 'safer' route in mainstream TV...

Comment

Stargate Sanctum writes: ” Do you believe there is any way the fans could convince MGM to release the deleted TJ flashback scenes, and if so, how do you think we would we best go about it?”

Answer: Don’t know. I’m sure if the studio knows there are customers out there clamoring for those flashbacks, they could included as part of the extras in a future dvd release.
            http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...d-yet-mailbag/
            sigpic
            The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

just like to post this link guys i support this idea and if you do as well give it a like http://www.facebook.com/sgu.online

thanks

long live stargate

Comment

Thank you for your support we need more help to bring back the show.

Comment

Originally posted by Stargate Universe Online View Post
                  Thank you for your support we need more help to bring back the show.
                  No offense...but yeah...don't see that happening.
                  sigpic

Comment

That is ok.

Comment

The sets have been struck, everything's been auctioned or sold off, the cast and crew have moved on. It's over.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowman37 View Post
                        The sets have been struck, everything's been auctioned or sold off, the cast and crew have moved on. It's over.
                        The set is in storage.

Only small things have been sold or action.

Cast have been no to work more then one place.

And it is never over a real fan knows that.

Comment

The set is not in storage. It's all either been auctioned off or destroyed, apart from the shuttle set, which David Hewlett now owns.

Comment

OK i am not gone to fight about this people have the right to say what they want.

But it good to note they would have not sold or destroy the set it cost do much.

Comment

Sure, while keeping them in storage indefinitely doesn't cost anything...

[may contain sarcasm]

Comment

Show reuse set all the time. If you pay attention you will see this. just in the stargat sires i seen staff from star trak a coup of SyFy movies, and a few other places. Also it work the other way. I seen them us set in more then one movie it cheaper to do so.

Comment

Working...
                                X