Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Stargate Universe" Discussion/Speculation (Spoilers)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MattSilver 3k View Post
    I'd vote for him.
    i might depends on how he deals with the situation in season 2
    https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

I'd vote for him.
      So far...I wouldn't vote for him...
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
        i might depends on how he deals with the situation in season 2
        He and Greer will get angry pounding the LA into a bloody mess
        Originally posted by aretood2
        Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Pandora's_Box View Post
          I'm sorry, Jelly, but I don't think that had the desired effect.

That's the stare of Hawtness right there.

:: flails ::

mmmmm... Greer. Scott is skinny and talks funny. Blech.
          "Specialization is for Insects" - Heinlein -

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
            So far...I wouldn't vote for him...
            Good point. If his running mate is Riley, go for Riley.
            ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

I'd vote for him.
              Well, he'd definitely show plenty of anger.

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Zelix
                Well, F*** you!! Need a translation?
                You want to have my babies?

Um... BAG for president!
                "Most people who are watching TV are semi-catatonic. They're not fully alive." - U.S. District Court Judge Timothy Batten Sr.
                Ronald Greer is also a medic. Your argument is invalid.
                Originally posted by J-Whitt Remastered
                Secondly, I think that everything DigiFluid is good.
                Sandcastle Builder: The game of XKCD: Time

Comment

Mailbag:

Sean D. writes: “1. Is there a chance of getting a Q&A with Robert Carlyle?
                  2. Is there a chance of getting a Q&A with Lou Diamond Phillips?
                  3. Is there a chance of getting a Q&A with Robert Knepper?”

Answer: At least one of those is more than likely.

victor writes: “1. Will we ever see the 304′s asgard beam weapons in sgu? [...]”

Answers: 1. Unlikely. [...]

Kevin writes: “(1) I thought it was established that Naquadria was some kind of isotope of Naquadah in the sense it didn’t occur naturally. (ie. the bomb on Kelowna created more Naquadria). Are these ‘Icarus’ planets somehow naturally occuring ‘now’? Or were they the product of Anubis getting the info from Quinn and then testing it out? And only ‘now’ are people discovering his old testing grounds? (always wondered about that).”

Answer: Yes, we’ve established that Naquadria is not naturally occurring. The assumption is that these are old testing grounds abandoned since the fall of the goa’uld.
                  http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...ellen-kushner/
                  sigpic
                  The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Eternal Density View Post
                    You want to have my babies?
                    I'm still more interested into the baby making part than actually having those offered by others. So keep your own.

Um... BAG for president!
                    At least something we can all agree on.
                    Currently watching: Dark Matter, 12 Monkeys, Doctor Who, Under the Dome, The Mentalist, The Messengers, The Last Ship, Elementary, Dominion, The Whispers, Extant, Olympus, Da Vinci's Demons, Vikings

Comment

Originally posted by Eternal Density View Post

Um... BAG for president! BAG for emperor of the multiverse!
                      Fixed it for ya.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by EvilSpaceAlien View Post
                        Fixed it for ya.
                        Thanks!

In other news: comparison between SGU and BSG (and several other things) done right: http://reflectionsonfilmandtelevisio...-universe.html
                        (And I never thought I'd say that as I'm sick of such comparisons done wrong.)
                        "Most people who are watching TV are semi-catatonic. They're not fully alive." - U.S. District Court Judge Timothy Batten Sr.
                        Ronald Greer is also a medic. Your argument is invalid.
                        Originally posted by J-Whitt Remastered
                        Secondly, I think that everything DigiFluid is good.
                        Sandcastle Builder: The game of XKCD: Time

Comment

I think one of the reasons why SGU hasn't been doing superbly in the ratings is the lack of overarching mysteries in the show being treated on screen. There are interesting questions to be asked: why was destiny created, why has it been forgotten, is there a hidden purpose behind its mission? These questions are out there, yet they weren't treated on screen. I see no possible clues for later episode arcs to expand on.

To be frank SGU has been a bit parochial. Small stories like omg we need water or omg we're caved in are all well and good but I miss a big story to keep me captivated. While I would continue to watch SGU if it stays this way it's only because it's stargate. If it was an ordinary show I doubt I would be too interested in the days of our lives stories of a bunch of marooned folks who happen to be on a spaceship instead of some tropical island and are confronted with smurfs instead of pirates.
                          I'm an average viewer. As plain as they come. People make TV shows based on my demographic.

Million's of ZPM's, ZPM's for free! Millions of ZPM's, ZPM's for me!

Comment

I do have to admit you may on to something. Aliens pretending to be gods are coming to kill everyone and aliens that are like vampires are coming to kill everyone is more exciting than repairing a ship. But I'm confident that now that the intro S1 is over we can get into some exciting stuff come S2, not that S1 wasn't exciting or anything.
                            sigpic
                            Doci of the BAG

Comment

Originally posted by Wayston View Post
                              I think one of the reasons why SGU hasn't been doing superbly in the ratings is the lack of overarching mysteries in the show being treated on screen. There are interesting questions to be asked: why was destiny created, why has it been forgotten, is there a hidden purpose behind its mission? These questions are out there, yet they weren't treated on screen. I see no possible clues for later episode arcs to expand on.

To be frank SGU has been a bit parochial. Small stories like omg we need water or omg we're caved in are all well and good but I miss a big story to keep me captivated. While I would continue to watch SGU if it stays this way it's only because it's stargate. If it was an ordinary show I doubt I would be too interested in the days of our lives stories of a bunch of marooned folks who happen to be on a spaceship instead of some tropical island and are confronted with smurfs instead of pirates.
                              People seems to forget that a lot of things happened in the first season of SG1 that were left unanswered until many seasons later.Is it okay to being lenient for SG1 but not for SGU which is still at its first season ?
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Nataku27 View Post
                                People seems to forget that a lot of things happened in the first season of SG1 that were left unanswered until many seasons later.Is it okay to being lenient for SG1 but not for SGU which is still at its first season ?
                                I have to agree with this to. I started watching SG-1 at season 9 and catching up on everything and started watching Atlantis fully when it was in season 2. So I don't really know what it was like when each started out.
                                sigpic
                                Doci of the BAG

Comment

Working...
                                X