Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Stargate Universe" Discussion/Speculation (Spoilers)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ancient Scientist1 View Post
    I have to admit, when SGU first came on I was bored at times. But after seeing Aftermath yesterday on Space, well, I definitely see hope for the series! If they do a lot of stories with them exploring/discovering what's out there, I think it could improve the ratings.
    Hate to be a spoil here but what did they explore in Aftermath?

Don't get me wrong, I'm a big fan of exploration and adventure on Stargate. Back in the day when I was watching SG1, it was all about exploration to me in a way. In the sense, that I remembered that at the beginning of the episode, I was always kind of asking myself: "I can't wait to see what strange world they will see on the other side of the gate. I hope it's a fun world this time". The same way I ask myself what will be the crime or victim or perpetrator this week in SVU or Criminal Minds.

But this episode I don't see no strange or exciting world. Great small or large civilizations. Or incredible space phenomena. Just an empty rock planet.

They crash on the planet.
    Stumble on the Gate.
    Someone die.
    Get back on the ship.
    Currently watching: Dark Matter, 12 Monkeys, Doctor Who, Under the Dome, The Mentalist, The Messengers, The Last Ship, Elementary, Dominion, The Whispers, Extant, Olympus, Da Vinci's Demons, Vikings

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Zelix View Post
      Hate to be a spoil here but what did they explore in Aftermath?

Don't get me wrong, I'm a big fan of exploration and adventure on Stargate. Back in the day when I was watching SG1, it was all about exploration to me in a way. In the sense, that I remembered that at the beginning of the episode, I was always kind of asking myself: "I can't wait to see what strange world they will see on the other side of the gate. I hope it's a fun world this time". The same way I ask myself what will be the crime or victim or perpetrator this week in SVU or Criminal Minds.

But this episode I don't see no strange or exciting world. Great small or large civilizations. Or incredible space phenomena. Just an empty rock planet.

They crash on the planet.
      Stumble on the Gate.
      Someone die.
      Get back on the ship.
      Okay, maybe explore wasn't the word I was looking for. But they were definitely off the ship. To me, the ship seems way too dark and depressing (except for the scenes with a nice view). Though the bridge does look cool.

But then again, maybe I get entertained too easily......
      There is always one.

Comment

HOOOLLLYYY COW! Sweet new sneak peak of the new aliens... check it out...

http://stargate.mgm.com/
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by major davis View Post
          HOOOLLLYYY COW! Sweet new sneak peak of the new aliens... check it out...

http://stargate.mgm.com/
          She/he/it is rather fashion forward, no? Swanky vest/armor thingie there.
          sigpic
          Goodbye and Good Travels, Destiny!

Comment

Originally posted by carmencatalina View Post
            She/he/it is rather fashion forward, no? Swanky vest/armor thingie there.
            If I had a ten dollar bill for every nitpick at this new alien pic I would have enough money to finance Revolution, Extinction, and SGU season 3.

LOL its all good though.
            Last edited by major davis; 10 October 2010, 02:50 PM.
            sigpic

Comment

What nitpicks?

Comment

I want to see it in motion since it looks a bit dopey in that picture. Still its an alien and it looks cool.
                A new Stargate Alien is always good news.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
                  What nitpicks?
                  on the awakening thread...
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by YoshiKart64 View Post
                    I want to see it in motion since it looks a bit dopey in that picture. Still its an alien and it looks cool.
                    Maybe they finally stopped shooting at it so it can convince them not to kill it.

Comment

Originally posted by YoshiKart64 View Post
                      Ok, spoiler city:
                      Spoiler:
                      You get to see it in motion, I think, in the MGM produced trailer for season 2 (at least, I think that it is the same critter). If so, two things: (1) it has a tail?!?! and (2), it is pretty freakin' fast.
                      sigpic
                      Goodbye and Good Travels, Destiny!

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
                        What nitpicks?
                        none from you of course.
                        https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

I know everyone has favorite and hated characters...but the kind of person Wray represents...the bureaucratic, scared woman (yes there are men who do this too) trying to act tough, ego way to big for her skills and importance, has to be in charge even though she has no right to be....I HATE people like this and every time she comes on screen, and worse yet speaks, I want to turn the show off.

I had the same feeling when Chloe said
                          Spoiler:
                          "never mind that what are we doing to retake the ship?" in the last episode or the one before that. What? Who are you Chloe the officer in charge and are requiring status reports now?

I guess I get really bothered seeing people who have no skills and are not important to survival behaving as if they are some big shot or should be doing anything but shutting up, learning and listening to those with important things to teach. Not just in the show but in life as well.

Anyway rant over.
                          Last edited by Skydiver; 12 October 2010, 06:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by zbgb View Post
                            I guess I get really bothered seeing people who have no skills and are not important to survival behaving as if they are some big shot or should be doing anything but shutting up, learning and listening to those with important things to teach. Not just in the show but in life as well.
                            So In this sense...it's a wonderful depiction of interpersonal dynamics in the real world, no?
                            Sig by Pandora's Box
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Shan Bruce Lee View Post
                              David Blue was just asked what his favorite episode was (on twitter) and he said either Time or Trial And Error. Now I'm really looking forward to that ep. If he thinks it's on par with Time it's gotta be pretty **** good.
                              Spoiler:
                              with the whole revelation of the mission of destiny, the lucian alliance thing building and building (obvious simeon has to escape soon, right?) this all leading up to the mid season finale which will bring some kind of action packed cliff hanger, i think it's just going to get better and better for us viewers and fans

Comment

http://twitpic.com/2xmwp8
                                (if picture doesn't show - hope that at least the link works)

from Patrick Gilmore's twitter account
                                Last edited by mi_guard; 15 October 2010, 12:59 PM.
                                Grimm returns October 24
                                sigpic

Signature and Avatar by Hyndara71 - Thank you very much
                                Profile Picture by BM-Shipper

Comment

Working...
                                X