Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Stargate Universe" Discussion/Speculation (Spoilers)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SGFerrit View Post
    One of my SGU You Tube videos has gotten me an email inviting me to the You Tube Partnership program, allowing you to make money of vids. Spoilers up to the episode Light:

SGU- Air and Fire

Am I correct in assuming that would be illegal, considering I didn't actually create the footage or song?
    Holy crap! You made that music video?! I've watched it quite a few times since I found it weeks ago and I love it!

Comment

Originally posted by SGFerrit View Post
      One of my SGU You Tube videos has gotten me an email inviting me to the You Tube Partnership program, allowing you to make money of vids. Spoilers up to the episode Light:

SGU- Air and Fire

Am I correct in assuming that would be illegal, considering I didn't actually create the footage or song?
      i wouldn't do it. you're making money off video someone else shot and songs someone else wrote/sang.

In my unprofessional opinion, you'd be making money off copyrighted work. not worth the trouble. and you'll l ikely draw attention to your work, encouraging mgm and co to have your stuff pulled and your account shut down
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
        Holy crap! You made that music video?! I've watched it quite a few times since I found it weeks ago and I love it!
        Thanks man

@ Sky: That's what I thought. Someone got in contact with me about using a Killers song for a BSG video, saying they were going to allow me to use it 'for now' which I thought was a bit weird. I don't make any claims to own the music, and to me these vids are just promotion for the shows. Of course I can understand that if I was making money from it, no matter how much, they could rightfully have a problem with it.

Thanks for the advice guys.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
          That's a great vid!!
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
            i wouldn't do it. you're making money off video someone else shot and songs someone else wrote/sang.

In my unprofessional opinion, you'd be making money off copyrighted work. not worth the trouble. and you'll l ikely draw attention to your work, encouraging mgm and co to have your stuff pulled and your account shut down
            it's a great vid but yeah, we walk a pretty fine line as it is with the fanart. The minute we make money with it though? Yikes.
            sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

Originally posted by xxxevilgrinxxx View Post
              it's a great vid but yeah, we walk a pretty fine line as it is with the fanart. The minute we make money with it though? Yikes.
              Remember the furore about that company that tried to make money off other people's fics?

Comment

Originally posted by EllieVee View Post
                Remember the furore about that company that tried to make money off other people's fics?
                Oooo...no. Can you link me to the story? Sounds interesting.
                Sig by Pandora's Box
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Coronach View Post
                  Oooo...no. Can you link me to the story? Sounds interesting.
                  I will if I can remember the name. I'll have to go back through email archives. There's also a company that essentially downloads entries off Wikipedia and publishes them. Due to the creative commons provisions of Wikipedia's terms and agreements, it's perfectly legal for them to do so. Immoral, but legal.

Then, of course, there's the recent Diana Gabaldon furore.

Comment

*cringe* I haven't heard of that but it sounds awful
                    sigpic

Comment

The Wikipedia company is Alpascript. Here's a Wikipeda user's article on it.

The fanfic company was FanLib. They've closed up shop, thankfully.

Comment

Nudges thread back on topic please
                        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

So what did you guys think of Subversion.... Does it make you even more excited for the finale? Were you guys glad to see Mike Doupd kick butt again.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by major davis View Post
                            So what did you guys think of Subversion.... Does it make you even more excited for the finale? Were you guys glad to see Mike Doupd kick butt again.
                            it makes me all excited and I haven't even seen Subversion yet (curse you, Canadian holidays!)
                            It's sort of sad though, because then there'll be no more SGU until October, I believe?
                            sigpic

Comment

We get a break from SGU next week and instead get some UFO investigation thing.

Comment

We get a break from SGU next week and instead get some UFO investigation thing.
                                And since Smallville's on break that means I'll have nothing new to watch
                                "Most people who are watching TV are semi-catatonic. They're not fully alive." - U.S. District Court Judge Timothy Batten Sr.
                                Ronald Greer is also a medic. Your argument is invalid.
                                Originally posted by J-Whitt Remastered
                                Secondly, I think that everything DigiFluid is good.
                                Sandcastle Builder: The game of XKCD: Time

Comment

Working...
                                X