Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Stargate Universe" Discussion/Speculation (Spoilers)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheGreatLordGeorge View Post
    hope it went well!

EDiT - i will actually be pissed if SCifi doesnt pick it up, mansquito for christs sake!

I would also laugh it was SG1 with a new name like they planned on doing in season 9
    Why I think Sci-fi will pick up SGU...

1. When they picked up SGA, the ratings went through the roof. SG-1 and SGA were pulling in the top network ratings.

2. Both SG-1 and SGA have brought in a lot of revenue for Sci-fi, and SGA continues to drive viewership in key demos. Hence got renewed for a 5th season.

3. The network is running low on drama shows and have been green-lighting series left and right. The Writers strike which could very well go through the new year will limit new shows for 2008!

4. Sci-fi knows how huge the fan base is for the Stargate Franchise. A new series would attract both SG-1 and SGA fans.

5. The new series would bump up ratings overall for that key night, especially SGA if it is paired with it.

6. BSG is ending, Eureka is a summer show, and Ghost Hunters is only but one show for Wednesday.

7. How many shows have tanked for Sci-fi or are getting way below the 1.0 mark? Out of 3 key new dramas for Sci-fi, 2 have been cancelled and one is not doing too well. BtW, that is PKJ, The Dresden Files, and Flash Gordon.
    sigpic

Comment

I gotta say, reading those people who seem to infer that because they think the title is crap that SGU is obviously going to be crap, the saying about judging a book by its cover is brought to mind. But when you consider that Universe is supposed to be a working title, it makes it more like judging the book on the blank first page.

I'm gonna get killed for posting this, I can see it coming.
      Last edited by LostCityGuardian; 06 November 2007, 11:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Darren
        Brad and Rob went to pitch SGU to SCI FI on Friday. Fingers crossed ... we hope to have something big to share next week!
        So by next week we will know if universe gets the go ahead.
        Thats quick, scifi dont waste any time do they
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by g.o.d View Post
          I'm expecting it will better the horrible SGA. Honestly, it simply can't be worse than SGA
          Everything u believe is wrong....

Comment

Originally posted by kymeric View Post
            Everything u believe is wrong....
            like what?
            Stolen Kosovo
            sigpic

Comment

I think he should be involved in SG:U in some capacity. It would be great if he would star as one of the characters, as he is now back to the buff version of himself and is acting again. At the very least he should direct. I think he is one of the best!

BTW, did he ever tell his weight loss secrets? The dude lost a whole person when he got in shape. Way to go!!!

Comment

Peter DeLuise is one of my favorite directors (besides Martin Wood and some others) and I think it would be great if he were to be somehow involved in SGU. I'm not sure about the acting part though. imdb says he's directing again, and acting apparently. lol he's playing someone called john sheppard

anyway I think it'd be cool to have him back
                sigpic
                The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

He really brought life to the show and really motivated the cast...it's a shame he left and I'd really like it if he did return in some capacity.
                  I Am Locutus_Of_Borg Resistance Is Futile, Hallowed Are The Ori, We Go Out With Our Phasers Firing

[QUE] Founder/Admin - Observation Of Einstein-Podolsky-Rosen Entanglement On Supraquantum Structures By Induction Through Nonlinear Transuranic Crystal Of Extremely Long Wavelength Pulse From Mode-Locked Source Array

Comment

Originally posted by IrishPisano View Post
                    i've been trying to think of a ST comparison, but haven't been able to. probs because i never watched enterprise, kudos for you though for doing so...

yeah, the only reason i watch SGA is because the title says "Stargate"

funny thing is, they don't really use the stargate that much anymore in SGA. i mean in SG1, you always saw the teams going through the gate... always... even the f'ing puppets... wheres that on SGA?

although the Asuran laser-gate weapon was cool...

but SGA's more about the city and the puddle jumpers and the battlecruisers than it is about the gate, which is sad. oh well, season 5 will be the last one, and then its SGU...
                    TNG and Enterprise are different shows. Enterprise was serial - TNG was episodic. The difference between SG1 and SGA is similar. Later on, SG1 got serial, but early on it was episodic. Plus they were made 20 years apart, you can't compare them. The things about TNG that made it great (acting) were offset by the things that made it boring (incredibly predictable 5 yr old morality tales). Show me a TNG episode where the last 20 minutes read like a morality fable and I'll show you an Enterprise or DS9 episode that actually makes you examine your moral compass. Plus watching TNG is just like watching TOS with better graphics... in other words, they often recycled the same morality tales from the 60's.

Regarding atlantis, you're complaining that it's about the "city and the puddle jumpers and the battlecruisers" more than it is about the gate... I don't suppose the word "Atlantis" is anywhere in the title, such as would indicate significance of Atlantian ships or the city of Atlantis?

I'm anxious to see how they intend to give SGU a niche. I'll admit I'm not optimistic about it, it's hard to imagine it distinguishing itself from SG1, SGA and from what I've been imaginging with the "9th chevron" business, QL.

Comment

I think it would be really cool if they learn about how to use the 9th chevron from the furlings and then some thing goes wrong in the maiden voyage through it.

Comment

Originally posted by lostincyberspace View Post
                        I think it would be really cool if they learn about how to use the 9th chevron from the furlings and then some thing goes wrong in the maiden voyage through it.
                        That's not a bad idea.

Whatever ideas involve the discovery of what the 9th chevron does will have to originate in Stargate: Universe. As I understand it, unlike Stargate: Atlantis which had its origins in Stargate SG-1, Stargate: Universe will be a separate entity in terms of story but will still be connected with the SGC and the Atlantis Expedition.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
                        K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

Originally posted by Alan View Post
                          That's not a bad idea.

Whatever ideas involve the discovery of what the 9th chevron does will have to originate in Stargate: Universe. As I understand it, unlike Stargate: Atlantis which had its origins in Stargate SG-1, Stargate: Universe will be a separate entity in terms of story but will still be connected with the SGC and the Atlantis Expedition.
                          you are correct: SGU will take place within the same "literary universe" as SG1 and SGA, however, there will be no direct link to either series like there is between SGA and SG1... although i would expect some crossover, appearances by Daniel, O'Neill and/or Landry, for 2 reasons:

1. it will help show that SGU is in the same literary universe as SG1 and SGA and is not a completely isolated entity
                          2. it will be a way for fans to connect the series-es in their minds
                          Colonel Jack O'Neill: So what's your impression of Alar?
                          Teal'c: That he is concealing something.
                          Colonel Jack O'Neill: Like what?
                          Teal'c: I am unsure. He is concealing it.

Comment

Originally posted by IrishPisano View Post
                            you are correct: SGU will take place within the same "literary universe" as SG1 and SGA, however, there will be no direct link to either series like there is between SGA and SG1... although i would expect some crossover, appearances by Daniel, O'Neill and/or Landry, for 2 reasons:

1. it will help show that SGU is in the same literary universe as SG1 and SGA and is not a completely isolated entity
                            2. it will be a way for fans to connect the series-es in their minds

I'm really excited that they're doing it this way. It'll be nice to have an independent deal going on somewhere else. I have no problems with SGA being so connected to SG1. In fact, it's neat, because we have one that IS and one that ISN'T now, so it's sort of both ends of the coin.

Carson: Muh tuttles!

Comment

as long as we see the SGC, or O'Neill, or Daniel once per season of SGU, i'll be happy
                              Colonel Jack O'Neill: So what's your impression of Alar?
                              Teal'c: That he is concealing something.
                              Colonel Jack O'Neill: Like what?
                              Teal'c: I am unsure. He is concealing it.

Comment

What will Darren announce next week? I am so exited!

I think they should make an SG:U mini-series to test the audience in 2008 than the first season can begin in 2009.
                                "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Working...
                                X