Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Stargate Universe" Discussion/Speculation (Spoilers)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Insurrection
    Aftermath
    Awakenings

Prodigal
    Conscience
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MattSilver 3k View Post
      I love 'em all equally. Even though EaTG was basically the ADHD kid with the solution to his big problem literally pulled out of his arse, and that some episodes throughout the entire run of Stargates haven't been all that stellar, I'm still fine with 'em.
      ROFLMAO...too funny!
      sigpic

Comment

P.S. Your guesses are way off on the episode titles…

#1: INT*********

#2: AFTERMATH

#3: AWAKENINGS

#4: P********

#5: C*********
        http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...or-kage-baker/
        sigpic

Comment

also...
          Taylor writes: “I was just wondering if SGU was going to be following along the lines of Stargate Atlantis’s first few seasons in regard to slowly discovering parts of the ship, repairing various systems etc, and then eventually getting in full control of the ship. Or is the discovery and/or repair of the Destiny and it’s systems going to be a long term story ark in the show?”

Answer: It will definitely be an arc that will run over several seasons – however, some mighty big discoveries upcoming…

Dodoalda writes: “I read somewhere, that in casting documents, was col. Young former SG leader and two members of his team were killed during a mission. Is this gonna be mentioned in the show?”

Answer: There will be a reference to a tragedy that links Young and Telford later this season.
          http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...or-kage-baker/
          sigpic
          The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

ok for my first post.

i already own complete series sg1 and missing just the last season of atlantis on dvd (picking it up soon)

but i must say that i'm getting tired of nothing happening in this new series up until now it counts as blah blah blah no action of interest at all. this is a stargate series and they are onboard a fricking spaceship for crying out loud.

how on earth (or in space) can they make episode after episode with nothing but people doing absolutely nothing other than talk and staring at computers coming up empty.

the first thing that got me interested in this series after they found the destiny is the finding of the other spacecraft or whatever it is (time machine?) all in between is just blah including the killer bug blah.

if the show will start to pick up, i will definetly buy the dvd but if it does not i won't buy it.

you can skip sending me the usual post on how i can just stop watching the series if i don't like it as i will for sure watch the rest of it. but as a die hard fan of stargate i'm not happy at all with the progress of sgu as a part of the stargate family. even if they manage to make a killer of the rest of season one sgu it does not change the fact that the first ten episodes are boring at best.

as i have bought the dvd series i consider myself in full right to give my opinion as i'm paying them for giving me a good entertainment, rather than get me bored as i can do that for free.

take care you all and everybody wish for a killer later half of the season.

Comment

Is that Mr Snuggles or Mrs Nuggles?
              Maybe you'll only want to buy the second half of the season on DVD.
              "Most people who are watching TV are semi-catatonic. They're not fully alive." - U.S. District Court Judge Timothy Batten Sr.
              Ronald Greer is also a medic. Your argument is invalid.
              Originally posted by J-Whitt Remastered
              Secondly, I think that everything DigiFluid is good.
              Sandcastle Builder: The game of XKCD: Time

Comment

Congratulations. Several of you finally guessed the title to episode #1 of season two – and all you had to do was run through every word in the English dictionary starting with I-N-T. So the newly revised SGU second season episode list looks like this:

#1: INTERVENTION

#4: P*******

susan the tartan turtle writes: “Joe – I know that screening the series of SGU in two segments with a HUGE break in the middle is a network decision. But do you know the logic/reasoning behind such a decision?”

Answer: I believe it’s part of the network’s strategy to air original programming year-round.

Flagitous writes: “1. Two Part Question:a.) Are the gates in Universe made of Naquadah?

b.) If so, can the gates be used to find other sources of Naquadah by resonate frequencies?”

Answers: Yes, the gates in Universe are also made of naquadah. The use of gates to locate other sources of naquadah by “resonate frequences” sounds like a reference to something we’ve done in the past 16 years/325+ episodes – but it doesn’t ring a bell (although I do remember using naquadah detectors to locate source deposits.).

Flagitous also writes: “2. Do stargates use direct, gate to gate dialing all of the time, or do they sometimes use chained gate sequences like we used for the gate bridge?”

Answer: The Destiny gate dials directly to single gates. Alas, no chained gate sequence capabilities. Short of locating a power source capable of dialing back to Earth, chained gate sequences would be the only other viable means to return home.

Will answer more of your gate questions in the coming days.

Taylor writes: “Just wondering if you knew when mgm would be releasing any more of the kino webisodes?”

Answer: No idea, but I would guess somewhere in the lead-up to the second half premiere.
                http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...lsa-wood-diet/
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mrsnuggles View Post
                  ok for my first post.

i already own complete series sg1 and missing just the last season of atlantis on dvd (picking it up soon)

but i must say that i'm getting tired of nothing happening in this new series up until now it counts as blah blah blah no action of interest at all. this is a stargate series and they are onboard a fricking spaceship for crying out loud.

how on earth (or in space) can they make episode after episode with nothing but people doing absolutely nothing other than talk and staring at computers coming up empty.

the first thing that got me interested in this series after they found the destiny is the finding of the other spacecraft or whatever it is (time machine?) all in between is just blah including the killer bug blah.

if the show will start to pick up, i will definetly buy the dvd but if it does not i won't buy it.

you can skip sending me the usual post on how i can just stop watching the series if i don't like it as i will for sure watch the rest of it. but as a die hard fan of stargate i'm not happy at all with the progress of sgu as a part of the stargate family. even if they manage to make a killer of the rest of season one sgu it does not change the fact that the first ten episodes are boring at best.

as i have bought the dvd series i consider myself in full right to give my opinion as i'm paying them for giving me a good entertainment, rather than get me bored as i can do that for free.

take care you all and everybody wish for a killer later half of the season.

This is completely understandable that some people who are hard core fans of SG1 and SGA will not like character driven episodes of SGU. I think everyone new that, when deciding to do it. This is not TPTB's mistake or lack of competence of people responsible for the show. They are simply taking a risk and trying to do something different. so if yo don't like the show... well, that's too bad, 'cause probably TPTB sees you as necessary losses Sounds a bit harsh but IMO that's how it is.
                  Last edited by kusanagi; 18 January 2010, 01:52 AM.
                  sigpic

Comment

well as for me, i came into the sg1 series at season 5 and i just had to buy the series that had come before no5. and i did buy them and i wasn't let down.

but if they are trying to go another route with the new series to gain another type of audience they are risking to loose their old audience as well as lettin down the new audience when they think the same as me and start to buy the older series just to find out that the older series are totally different to the newest one.

call me old fashioned but i'm waiting for the villain race to turn up so the new caracters can have a chance to stop fighting each other and focus on whats truly important. yeah yeah that would be the same old same old but that has worked fine for me up untill now.

take care.

Comment

Originally posted by mrsnuggles View Post
                      well as for me, i came into the sg1 series at season 5 and i just had to buy the series that had come before no5. and i did buy them and i wasn't let down.

but if they are trying to go another route with the new series to gain another type of audience they are risking to loose their old audience as well as lettin down the new audience when they think the same as me and start to buy the older series just to find out that the older series are totally different to the newest one.

call me old fashioned but i'm waiting for the villain race to turn up so the new caracters can have a chance to stop fighting each other and focus on whats truly important. yeah yeah that would be the same old same old but that has worked fine for me up untill now.

take care.
                      This assumes that the audience for SGU and for older Stargate are mutually exclusive when they aren’t. Yes there are people who prefer the old style of Stargate, there are those who prefer the new style and then there are also people who enjoyed SG1 and SGA, who enjoy SGU as well, I should know I’m one of them.

Comment

Originally posted by The Mighty 6 platoon View Post
                        This assumes that the audience for SGU and for older Stargate are mutually exclusive when they aren’t. Yes there are people who prefer the old style of Stargate, there are those who prefer the new style and then there are also people who enjoyed SG1 and SGA, who enjoy SGU as well, I should know I’m one of them.

I think there's quite a lot of us actually
                        sigpic

Comment

yeah, IMHO, SGU is ok, if a bit slow, but it does bring a new prospective to the universe of Stargate.
                          This has probably been mentioned already but TPTB said that they would rethink SGU season 2 to include more life
                          SG-1 members
                          Atlantis Team members

Comment

Another Life? I can think of some peoplle who will be very angry
                            Originally posted by aretood2
                            Jelgate is right

Comment

:: pops in ::

:: looks around ::

Shiny?

This has probably been mentioned already but TPTB said that they would rethink SGU season 2 to include more life
                              I would be happy with this. The first half of season one didn't suck...it just wasn't very exciting. I'm hoping the second half will up the excitement factor by a factor of...oh, about 10 should do it. That said, if TPTB are saying they're revisiting the concept for season 2 then I shouldn't hope too hard. I'll probably just have to wait for season 2.
                              sigpic

Comment

Stargate: Universe second season episode titles…

#1: INTERVENTION

#4: PA******

Tanie writes: “How is the ’script from hell’ going?”

Answer: Fabulous. I haven’t touched it since receiving notes last week.

Flagitious writes: [...] 4. Three part question:a.) Does Destiny’s gate physically have a limited range?

b.) Is Destiny’s gate range a power issue?

c.) Is Destiny’s gate locked out of some gates, and it’s range purposely limited by a computer program?”

Answer: yes, Destiny’s gate does have a limited range (as opposed to the far greater range of the Milky Way and Pegasus gates). This is why, often, only a handful of planets are within range when the ship drops out of FTL. Although we have yet to officially establish why this is so, it stands to reason that it is a power issue rather than any programmed attempt to limit gate access.
                                http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...e-other-lands/
                                sigpic
                                The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Working...
                                X