Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Stargate Universe" Discussion/Speculation (Spoilers)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
    If Rush didn't think about himself then they wouldn't be on the Destiny in the first place. And the Destiny is Rush's selfshness. Figuring the ship is obessession and hence we return to selfishness
    Rubbish.

Sure, Rush is obsessive about the ship but people really should think about why he dialled the ninth chevron beyond wanting to solve it the puzzle.

Comment

What if you don't know what your skill set is?
      She's done poli-sci at Harvard and she's worked as the PA for her father. That gives her a skillset beyond Scott's squeeze.

Comment

Originally posted by EllieVee View Post
        Rubbish.

Sure, Rush is obsessive about the ship but people really should think about why he dialled the ninth chevron beyond wanting to solve it the puzzle.
        He didn't want to see his dream slip away.
        She's done poli-sci at Harvard and she's worked as the PA for her father. That gives her a skillset beyond Scott's squeeze.
        Not very useful so far given the Destiny's situatio
        Originally posted by aretood2
        Jelgate is right

Comment

He didn't want to see his dream slip away.
          Partly correct, mostly wrong.

Comment

Partly correct, mostly wrong.
            And you know this how?
            Jelgate is right

Comment

And you know this how?
              It's just basic science.

Comment

Rubbish.

I read the theory that due to the amount of energy required to dial the ninth chevron, connecting to a nearby gate such as in the Milky Way or even Pegasus would likely toast the planet. What do you think of that idea?
                Spoiler:
                You should totally write that into a fanfic...
                "Most people who are watching TV are semi-catatonic. They're not fully alive." - U.S. District Court Judge Timothy Batten Sr.
                Ronald Greer is also a medic. Your argument is invalid.
                Originally posted by J-Whitt Remastered
                Secondly, I think that everything DigiFluid is good.
                Sandcastle Builder: The game of XKCD: Time

Comment

It's just basic science.
                  Prove it.
                  Jelgate is right

Comment

Prove it.
                    I get the feeling my disagreeing with you is starting to get up your nose. Look, you have one view of Rush but not everyone has that view. Accept it, move on. I don't have to prove anything just to satisfy your dummyspit.

Comment

Originally posted by Eternal Density View Post
                      I read the theory that due to the amount of energy required to dial the ninth chevron, connecting to a nearby gate such as in the Milky Way or even Pegasus would likely toast the planet. What do you think of that idea?
                      Spoiler:
                      You should totally write that into a fanfic...
                      Wow, why didn't I think of that?

Comment

Wow, why didn't I think of that?

But I don't understand your argument with Jel. You said that "He didn't want to see his dream slip away." is "Partly correct, mostly wrong." and you say you know this because "It's just basic science."
                        I fail to see the connection here.
                        "Most people who are watching TV are semi-catatonic. They're not fully alive." - U.S. District Court Judge Timothy Batten Sr.
                        Ronald Greer is also a medic. Your argument is invalid.
                        Originally posted by J-Whitt Remastered
                        Secondly, I think that everything DigiFluid is good.
                        Sandcastle Builder: The game of XKCD: Time

Comment

I get the feeling my disagreeing with you is starting to get up your nose. Look, you have one view of Rush but not everyone has that view. Accept it, move on. I don't have to prove anything just to satisfy your dummyspit.
                          Your arguement is kind of weak when you have nothing to back up your claim
                          Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Eternal Density View Post

But I don't understand your argument with Jel. You said that "He didn't want to see his dream slip away." is "Partly correct, mostly wrong." and you say you know this because "It's just basic science."
                            I fail to see the connection here.
                            I agree that he didn't want his dream to slip away; I just think, given the evidence in Air as to what he says and what is shown, that there's more to it than plain old selfishness particularly when how he is written and played doesn't match the view that he's only in it for himself. IMO, of course.

Comment

Your arguement is kind of weak when you have nothing to back up your claim
                              And this response goes rather a long way to indicating my previous post was correct. If you don't like what I write, petal, ignore me. *shrug*

Comment

Rubbish.

Well, he joined the project because he wanted to discover how to ascend (Time) and he has already stated that the ship is his "destiny" (Light). Other than that, I do not see why he would risk the lives of 80 people "for the greater good". Really. If it was for the greater good, he could have dialed Earth, and worked on the project again. But no. He was impatient, and his belief that the Destiny could be the greatest discovery doesn't fly anymore. why? Because the ship is several million years old, in poor condition, and exploring empty space. Whatever selfless motives he has came after he dialed Destiny instead of Earth.
                                Never, never, never believe any war will be smooth or easy...

... or that any man can measure the tides and hurricanes he will
                                encounter on the strange journey.

Spoiler:

2 Cor. 10:3-5
                                3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
                                4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; )
                                5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Comment

Working...
                                X