Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Stargate Universe" Discussion/Speculation (Spoilers)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by escyos View Post
    6. they were eaten by space aliens
    It's true. I did it.

Sorry. I couldn't resist.
    sigpic

Comment

I thought it was a cool revelation, I just assumed Rush would see something outside the ship that would help them move it when the kino was used.

I liked the ending dare I say it and loved how the shuttle suddenly became the one at risk, I dont want this to be like 24 where people are constantly dying.

Comment

It comes with being on the "inside" for so long, unfortunately.

This is the curse of being a long-time fan. Luckily, other things make up for it.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
          It comes with being on the "inside" for so long, unfortunately.

This is the curse of being a long-time fan. Luckily, other things make up for it.
          Like seeing more pictures then viewers of certain actors and actresses
          Originally posted by aretood2
          Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by YoshiKart64 View Post
            I thought it was a cool revelation, I just assumed Rush would see something outside the ship that would help them move it when the kino was used.

I liked the ending dare I say it and loved how the shuttle suddenly became the one at risk, I dont want this to be like 24 where people are constantly dying.
            there were too many main stars on that show to do that...though that has never stopped 24 before
            Though really, they cannot maintain the same rate of death as in 24, they would run out of people long before they got back home.
            21 people died in the first season alone

Comment

Originally posted by amforster View Post
              So the uniquely radioactive naquadah core was used by the ancients? I thought Naquadah was a goald tech thing?

Rush has stated at the beginning of each ep that Destiny is 100000 yrs old. Meaning it is newer than Atlantis.

Really? who is the spy?
              Hes british, we brits dont say 'millions' we say 'hundred of thousands' just like you yanks like to describe everything which has a weight in pounds and not move it upto tons when required.
              I was watching the news when they said the Ares 1 weighed 297,900 pounds!
              what! how am i supposed to comprehend that kind of weight, oh you mean 150 tons.

Comment

In the original post there was a ton of ways the show could develop and likely all those things will occur in the first season. Looks like it could be pretty damn interesting as it progresses.

If it get's renewed for Season 2 I can only imagine it being even better now they've dealt with establishing characters and ship problems.

Comment

The show will develop the way TPTB want it to.
                  If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!
                  Check out Pharaoh Hamenthotep's wicked 3D renders here!
                  If you can prove me wrong, go for it. I enjoy being proven wrong.

sigpic
                  Worship the Zefron. Always the Zefron.

Comment

I'm sorry, but what is all this **** that has been dumped into this thread? People, for crying out loud, there's an "SGU: Love it or Hate it" thread in this SGU Folder. Please, take this discussion to there please? It will give people, like me, who don't want to read this kind of stuff in this thread the chance to come to this thread and read something interesting about SGU, not why someone hates or loves it. That's what the other thread is for.

My apologies if I seem rude, but I think it's why there are two different threads in this folder.
                    A black hole swallowed this sig pic.

Comment

In concur with Jper, that thread is not supposed to be here.

Hmm, general discussion... Elyse twittered that they're keeping their fingers crossed for season 2. Now I'm not one for finger-crossing, but I'm certainly hoping along with them.
                      "Most people who are watching TV are semi-catatonic. They're not fully alive." - U.S. District Court Judge Timothy Batten Sr.
                      Ronald Greer is also a medic. Your argument is invalid.
                      Originally posted by J-Whitt Remastered
                      Secondly, I think that everything DigiFluid is good.
                      Sandcastle Builder: The game of XKCD: Time

Comment

Originally posted by Jper View Post
                        I'm sorry, but what is all this **** that has been dumped into this thread? People, for crying out loud, there's an "SGU: Love it or Hate it" thread in this SGU Folder. Please, take this discussion to there please? It will give people, like me, who don't want to read this kind of stuff in this thread the chance to come to this thread and read something interesting about SGU, not why someone hates or loves it. That's what the other thread is for.

My apologies if I seem rude, but I think it's why there are two different threads in this folder.
                        Being a general discussion thread everything pertaining to SGU is allowed even those who want to say don't like it.
                        Originally posted by Eternal Density View Post
                        In concur with Jper, that thread is not supposed to be here.

Hmm, general discussion... Elyse twittered that they're keeping their fingers crossed for season 2. Now I'm not one for finger-crossing, but I'm certainly hoping along with them.
                        Given the rating numbers unless their is a huge nosedive S2 is looking very possible
                        Originally posted by aretood2
                        Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by sinderg View Post
                          But dont you think this is a problem?
                          Ive got so used to the writers style from SG1/SGA that im disappointed i knew they were never in any real touble and it let down the episode for me.
                          C'mon, who would have bet that Destiny will melt, and a skeleton crew will continue, as Stargate Universe: Cold Planet 17?

It was totally obvious, that they will survive.
                          sigpic

Comment

I'm really waiting for them to run into aliens of some kind. I want them to jump to a system, find a civilization, get captured, then have to find out how to escape before Destiny jumps into hyperspace. Or maybe find a some hibernation chambers on the ship with people in them.

I really want to know what else is on the ship.

Comment

There had better be a season 2 or I'll be moving to an alternate universe. *stamps foot*
                              "Most people who are watching TV are semi-catatonic. They're not fully alive." - U.S. District Court Judge Timothy Batten Sr.
                              Ronald Greer is also a medic. Your argument is invalid.
                              Originally posted by J-Whitt Remastered
                              Secondly, I think that everything DigiFluid is good.
                              Sandcastle Builder: The game of XKCD: Time

Comment

SGU is character and drama driven, not action adventure shooting driven. If SG-1 or Shepards team was with them all their ammo would be used up the first time they go to another planet.

I also think people shouldn't be upset with such obvious things as knowing the Destiny won't be destroyed, or knowing that such and such can't die yet. We know what will happen, but we don't know how it will happen.
                                sigpic
                                Doci of the BAG

Comment

Working...
                                X