Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Stargate Universe" Discussion/Speculation (Spoilers)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IrishPisano View Post
    well... humans... i nearly all fantasy/scifi stories are known, somewhat stereotypically, to show incredible leaps in wisdom and understanding that surpass what is expected of us...

we could... magically... have one of those leaps with the asgard tech...
    Yeah, that would be real believable.

or SGU could take place several years after SG1 and thus allow for further understanding and revelations of the asgard and ancient tech
    I believe they have already said that SGU would take place in the present.
    sigpic
    "A man can no more diminish God's glory by refusing to worship Him than a lunatic can put out the sun by scribbling the word, 'darkness' on the walls of his cell." - C.S. Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by spacecowboy000 View Post
      Yeah, that would be real believable.

I believe they have already said that SGU would take place in the present.
      several years after SG-1 is still the present...

a leap forward of 25 years would NOT be the present... but only a few years would defs be
      Colonel Jack O'Neill: So what's your impression of Alar?
      Teal'c: That he is concealing something.
      Colonel Jack O'Neill: Like what?
      Teal'c: I am unsure. He is concealing it.

Comment

GW: Because a lot of fans are wondering, "Hmm ... a space-age Stargate story, perhaps?" After all, the Asgard technology has basically been handed to us on a silver platter.

RCC: You know, that may factor in in a small way. What I can tell you about the third Stargate series, conceptually as we've conceived it, is that it is a completely separate, third entity. Much more so than Atlantis was. Atlantis was much more of a spin-off series of SG-1. It was born out of SG-1.

GW:
        Is it separated from SG-1/Atlantis to the degree where there might not be cross-over? It's maybe even set in a different era?

RCC: No. I'm not a big fan of prequels. I don't think that really works and I don't understand people who do think that works.

One of the things that we love about Stargate is that it's us. It's our military. It's our scientists. It's our people. And we're going out into the galaxy and the universe to discover all the wonders that are out there, and dealing with our own limitations versus things that are far more advanced to us. That's identifiable. It's what we deal with every day in terms of medicine and science and astrophysics. We're just babies. We would always want to maintain that in anything that was Stargate-related.

It certainly plays into mythology that's been pre-established, but it doesn't directly relate to anything that has been in either series, SG-1 or Atlantis.

From they way he words it, it sounds like it will be around the same time (now) as Atlantis and the SG1 movies.
        sigpic
        "A man can no more diminish God's glory by refusing to worship Him than a lunatic can put out the sun by scribbling the word, 'darkness' on the walls of his cell." - C.S. Lewis

Comment

That's funny. I was thinking of that same interview when I read irish pisano's reply. TPTB do seem rooted in TODAY. Not 20 years ago or a few years from now when we make some contrived, magical leap forward in understanding. And TPTB have indicated in previous interviews that understanding Asgard tech won't happen anytime soon.
          sigpic

Comment

If its completely separate from SG-1 and Atlantis, but involves the Stargate and is taking place in the present, then that means it doesn't involve the military.

BORING

Comment

Originally posted by Londo Molari View Post
              If its completely separate from SG-1 and Atlantis, but involves the Stargate and is taking place in the present, then that means it doesn't involve the military.

BORING
              It could involve someone else's military! Like, the Russians, or the Chinese, or even the Egyptians found another gate, and there's some sort of deal between nations to start up a new (sekrit!) Stargate program, maybe here, maybe on another planet. Could lead to some interesting conflicts.

I'd like to see a series about the Ancients. Who knows? Maybe this whole "takes place in the present" thing is just a red herring. Or maybe it does take place in the present, and involves a group of ancients like those seen in "The Return", who sort of got stranded for a few millenia.

Comment

BORING
                No it doesn't.

Comment

How do you figure that?

Carson: Muh tuttles!

Comment

Originally posted by TheInnkeeper View Post
                    How do you figure that?
                    yeah, i don't know what he was thinking... but SGU is related to SG1 and SGA but is merely more independent from both of them than SGA is to SG1... i imagine it would be like in Lord of the Rings where SG1 is the main storyline with Frodo and Sam and Atlantis is the story of Legolas and Gimli travelling the world after the war and SGU being the story of what was going on in the lands beyond the eastern wall of Mordor at the same time...

Comment

yeah, i don't know what he was thinking... but SGU is related to SG1 and SGA but is merely more independent from both of them than SGA is to SG1... i imagine it would be like in Lord of the Rings where SG1 is the main storyline with Frodo and Sam and Atlantis is the story of Legolas and Gimli travelling the world after the war and SGU being the story of what was going on in the lands beyond the eastern wall of Mordor at the same time...
                      Interesting anaology... lol.

Personally, I'd love a series about the Ancients. Give us some Ancients that are what we were promised when they were introduced: a brilliant group of beings worthy of our admiration! And stop making them look like morons in Atlantis...
                      Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                      Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
                        Interesting anaology... lol.

Personally, I'd love a series about the Ancients. Give us some Ancients that are what we were promised when they were introduced: a brilliant group of beings worthy of our admiration! And stop making them look like morons in Atlantis...
                        no, keep it relatively tau'ri-earth based... keep it grounded in reality like SG1 was... leave the ancients relegated to the background in atlantis ans SG1... revealing too much about them would taint them... they're like Wolverine: the more mystery the better...

Comment

no, keep it relatively tau'ri-earth based... keep it grounded in reality like SG1 was... leave the ancients relegated to the background in atlantis ans SG1... revealing too much about them would taint them... they're like Wolverine: the more mystery the better...
                          Personally, I don't need to know every little detail about the Ancients either. IMO, I've learned all I really need to about them. I think that TPTB have done a nice job with them overall on SG-1 and SGA.
                          sigpic
                          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                          "...phu...ah..."
                          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                            Personally, I don't need to know every little detail about the Ancients either. IMO, I've learned all I really need to about them. I think that TPTB have done a nice job with them overall on SG-1 and SGA.
                            yeah, i mean what else is there to them? they're super-genius, arrogant, elitist *******s who can't be bothered cleaning up their own messes...

Comment

yeah, i mean what else is there to them? they're super-genius, arrogant, elitist *******s who can't be bothered cleaning up their own messes...
                              True, however, we (in the SG universe anyways) do owe them our very existence. And who knows, maybe they'll finally take a stand in AOT.
                              sigpic
                              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                              "...phu...ah..."
                              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

That's what I mean! In SG-1, we were told they're wise, benevolent, etc. Then in Atlantis and late SG-1, they suddenly become these terrible people. I mean, come on, I'd like to see them as they really are (and not either under extreme pressure, obeying rediculous rules, or coming home from a 10,000 year journey).
                                Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                                Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Working...
                                X