Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Stargate Universe" Discussion/Speculation (Spoilers)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh hey, nice pick up on the lensflares! I rather liked them in Star Trek; I think they do indeed add realism to things.

Good to know they're in SGU.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
      Oh hey, nice pick up on the lensflairs! I rather liked them in Star Trek; I think they do indeed add realism to things.

Good to know they're in SGU.
      I know someone who hated them in ST, and they really got annoying

Comment

Oh yeah, a lot of ST fans hated it.

But I don't mind them.

Comment

But I don't mind them.
          I do not think I liked them or disliked them really, in certain situation they are very appropriate and accurate, like all the scenes with the stars in the back ground. But the oversaturation of them got very annoying by the end of the movie.

Comment

I never noticed them in ST, mainly because I never watched it. In this case, they seem to work alright.
            It is a bit annoying how
            Spoiler:
            ships leak sparks like that when their shields get hammered. Because... why???? I don't see the logic in it.
            "Most people who are watching TV are semi-catatonic. They're not fully alive." - U.S. District Court Judge Timothy Batten Sr.
            Ronald Greer is also a medic. Your argument is invalid.
            Originally posted by J-Whitt Remastered
            Secondly, I think that everything DigiFluid is good.
            Sandcastle Builder: The game of XKCD: Time

Comment

But I don't mind them.
              ST fans hate a lot of things. And I say that being a Star Trek fan
              Originally posted by aretood2
              Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Eternal Density View Post
                I never noticed them in ST, mainly because I never watched it. In this case, they seem to work alright.
                It is a bit annoying how
                Spoiler:
                ships leak sparks like that when their shields get hammered. Because... why???? I don't see the logic in it.
                Based on me weak understanding of that kind of physics, and based on what would be the cool explanation to make it 'cool'
                Spoiler:
                I would say that each time a ship gets hit in the sheilds the power 'surges' back in itself, causing things to over load...and we also know that as shields begin to weaken energy shots to do get through...thus more sparks.

Comment

10,000th reply of the thread!!

Yeah, I'm a ST fan too; the Trek fandom makes the Gate fandom look like a convening of the local country club.

Comment

Originally posted by Col.Foley View Post
                    Based on me weak understanding of that kind of physics, and based on what would be the cool explanation to make it 'cool'
                    I understand that, but you'd think they'd find a way to make it safer. Instead it's just assumed 'all shields do this'. Surely they could think of some equally cool or even cooler side effect that's a bit more original and safety conscious, after all these years
                    It's cool, but gets tiresome after seeing it so much.
                    NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
                    Curse my slowness in posting. Not that I had realised we were so close to the epic number.
                    Last edited by Eternal Density; 02 September 2009, 06:31 PM. Reason: OVER TEN THOUSAAAND
                    "Most people who are watching TV are semi-catatonic. They're not fully alive." - U.S. District Court Judge Timothy Batten Sr.

Comment

Yeah, I'm a ST fan too; the Trek fandom makes the Gate fandom look like a convening of the local country club.
                      That bad eh?
                      And I too am a Trek fan, but I have ten times more liking for Gate...and infinite more experience with the gate fandom.

Comment

The gate fandom... I love you guys! Group hug!!

Comment

The gate fandom... I love you guys! Group hug!!
                          I have a terrible fear of koodies
                          *hug*

Comment

*Hugs the group*

I understand that, but you'd think they'd find a way to make it safer. Instead it's just assumed 'all shields do this'. Surely they could think of some equally cool or even cooler side effect that's a bit more original and safety conscious, after all these years
                            How about...every time the shield is hit hard, a tiny pink elephant appears on the bridge. You must take down the enemy before you are drowned in a sea of pink elephants!!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
                            Curse my slowness in posting. Not that I had realised we were so close to the epic number.
                            Does it surprise you to know that I was watching the reply number for well over 5 minutes just waiting to post the 10,000th?

As for the Trek fandom, well you gotta remember, there are "purist" fans that have been with the franchise since '66. If you think long-time Gate curmudgeons are bad - well, the gate franchise is only 12 years old. Think about it.

Comment

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
                              Good point...but it seems to work in this type of situation.
                              Though the Trek shields never really 'sparked' that much. Unless they were really beginning to fail.

Comment

Does it surprise you to know that I was watching the reply number for well over 5 minutes just waiting to post the 10,000th?
                                Is it the case that the #10,0001 is actually the 10,0000th? Because your post has #10,001 on it
                                Sig by Pandora's Box
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X