Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Stargate Universe" Discussion/Speculation (Spoilers)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
    My fandom nose tells me a leak is coming unfortunatly
    How soon do you think. Personally I am losing hype for SGU so I want to watch it now so Im not just watching SGU for Chloe when October comes around. I look at how excited for SGU I was just 2 months ago, even one month ago, and I see how much my hype is dying. And I think part of it is tge wait. Like the longer it is( it could have and should have aired this month), the more time we don't get a new trailer, and the more details we hear like those surronding sabotage, do not do a service to my excitement. While I will wait to judge, I will say my enthuasiam for SGU is in steep descent.

So when does your nose say leakage?
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by major davis View Post
      How soon do you think. Personally I am losing hype for SGU so I want to watch it now so Im not just watching SGU for Chloe when October comes around. I look at how excited for SGU I was just 2 months ago, even one month ago, and I see how much my hype is dying. And I think part of it is tge wait. Like the longer it is( it could have and should have aired this month), the more time we don't get a new trailer, and the more details we hear like those surronding sabotage, do not do a service to my excitement. While I will wait to judge, I will say my enthuasiam for SGU is in steep descent.

That's odd. We've been waiting for this series over a year now with a little more of a month to go and your hype is dying?

Heh. Just go watch the trailers again. That always keeps me excited. I just watched the trailers again yesterday, while I was showing my grandparents (who by the way love Stargate and said this series does look different, but looks great).

Personally, waiting for something doesn't lead to me loosing hype. If anything, waiting only increases the hype, but that's just me...

There are no regrets. Thank you Brad Wright and everyone else for SGU,
      and the amazing Stargate franchise in general.

Comment

Don't worry. You're just suffering from the completely normal Teenage Short-Attention Span Syndrome, or, TSASS. It's pronounced...exactly the way you think it is.

Comment

Lol I watch the trailers every day. Most of tge death of my hype has recent SGU news to blame. Some of the sabotage stuff, tge gay stuff, and to put another nail in the cofin, what Ming Na said in one of her interviews. . So that I can honestly say killed my hype. Additionally, the more I obsess over something for a long time before it happens, I most likely will be let down by it, not all the time just most of my life. I mean 1 year of my life has been pumped up about something that will take up 2 hours of my life. Should have left the fandom a month ago when I had the chance.

Still when do you smell leakage?
          sigpic

Comment

I am still very excited about this show, even with the long wait we have had. However, I am very happy that October is finally around the corner. Our long ordeal is almost at an end.
            sigpic
            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
            "...phu...ah..."
            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Lol I watch the trailers every day. Most of tge death of my hype has recent SGU news to blame. Some of the sabotage stuff, tge gay stuff, and to put another nail in the cofin, what Ming Na said in one of her interviews. . So that I can honestly say killed my hype. Additionally, the more I obsess over something for a long time before it happens, I most likely will be let down by it, not all the time just most of my life. I mean 1 year of my life has been pumped up about something that will take up 2 hours of my life. Should have left the fandom a month ago when I had the chance.

Still when do you smell leakage?
              Since we have gone this far without leakage, when the press screeners get it.
              Originally posted by aretood2
              Jelgate is right

Comment

Since we have gone this far without leakage, when the press screeners get it.
                When do you think that will be? Maybe before the end of this month.
                sigpic

Comment

Don't get me wrong, I will watch the premier on syfy with all my friends I just first want to confirm SGUs awesomeness for my friends and I.
                  sigpic

Comment

I don't have to rewatch trailers and such to keep the hype
                    (I've been strangely unable to access forum.gateworld.net for the past day, hence my silence.)
                    Does anyone think it would be wise to stay away from the forum from a certain point to avoid the overspray of leakage?
                    "Most people who are watching TV are semi-catatonic. They're not fully alive." - U.S. District Court Judge Timothy Batten Sr.
                    Ronald Greer is also a medic. Your argument is invalid.
                    Originally posted by J-Whitt Remastered
                    Secondly, I think that everything DigiFluid is good.
                    Sandcastle Builder: The game of XKCD: Time

Comment

Originally posted by Eternal Density View Post
                      I don't have to rewatch trailers and such to keep the hype
                      (I've been strangely unable to access forum.gateworld.net for the past day, hence my silence.)
                      Does anyone think it would be wise to stay away from the forum from a certain point to avoid the overspray of leakage?
                      Sadly, I have no experience in this regard. From what I've gathered from asking around though, it's not good

You really can't count on people to actually be smart about it. Instead, you get that occasional random person who finds out a big spoiler and decides to share this glorious find with the rest of fandom. The thread title, I'd imagine, would look something like this:

"OMGWTFBBQ CHLOE HAZ ALIEN BABBY!!!11one"

Bless their hearts for thinking of us though, eh?
                      Sig by Pandora's Box
                      sigpic

Comment

It has more to do with GW then anything. I won't watch until SyFy airs it because of my personal ethics but you know posters will ruin for those of us wait.
                        I hadn't thought about that.

Originally posted by Pandora's_Box View Post
                        The talk about it will be everywhere. The Mods will make one folder for it and prohibit it everywhere else, but it only takes one idiot to ruin it and unfortunately there's more than one idiot running around.
                        Hey!

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
                        I don't know...I think I'm getting to the point where I want to see fans react to the new style. I'm tired of people trying to guess what it's like, whether it be BSG, Voyager, or whatever. Maybe if it leaked, people will finally realize that it's its own thing.

...Or that it's indeed a ripoff of BSG or Voyager. Who knows.
                        Maybe, but at this point it's only about 5 weeks left... might as well make them suffer
                        || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

Originally posted by Coronach View Post
                          "OMGWTFBBQ CHLOE HAZ ALIEN BABBY!!!11one"
                          Haha! Thanks for spoiling that little gem...
                          || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

Update:

Aud writes: “Also, just wondering, but is each character going to get an episode that focuses on themselves this season?”

Answer: Different characters may be spotlighted more in different episodes but, for the most part, the stories will reflects the show’s ensemble nature.

Lee writes: “A few days ago, you mentioned Air would use an “established contemporary tune”. You probably can’t tell us the name of the song, but any hints as to who the performer is?”

Answer: I’m embarrassed to say that, while I remember the song, I don’t remember the title or the artist. Also, even though it was Air I referenced, contemporary songs will feature throughout the show’s first season.

Mercury973 writes: “I cannot speak for anyone but myself. I feel angry. After getting good rating and a People’s Choice award, the show is suddenly axed. Then the very next day, we learn that SGU has been greenlit. Then we read that there is a push for a younger viewing demographic, which seems odd since I know that a good chuck of the viewers are women in the 30-40s. Then we read flippant remarks about how we just need to support the new show, but that it won’t be like the other shows. Darker-edger. Right there, that turns me off, since I don’t want a darker Stargate. The humor and tongue in cheekishness (is that a word?) made me fall for the show in the 1st place.”

Answer: Hi, Mercury973. Thanks for dropping by. Some fans seem to forget that I was equally disappointed with the cancellation (you can check out my entries on the subject). And, I agree, the timing of the SGU announcement was – uh – “unfortunate” (something else I’ve commented on several times). The “push for younger views” was not something that either the studio or the production emphasized and a look at the cast should dispel the notion that we were looking to do “Stargate 90210”. Yes, admittedly the show will be darker, but I can assure you that it will still contain the Stargate sense of humor that fans have enjoyed – and that, quite frankly, we enjoy writing.

http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...obust-mailbag/

Comment

Random and mostly unrelated. From David Blue's Twitter Page:

http://twitpic.com/eybqm - Elyse, Holly, Kristine and I pigging out in Yaletown.
                              about 3 hours ago from TwitPic
                              Relatively convinced that the picture is of Elyse....
                              Sig by Pandora's Box
                              sigpic

Comment

PG15 writes: “1. Is the title of the episodes, “Incursion”? Plus “part 1? and “part 2? where necessary, of course.
                                2. So is this it then? It’s for sure going to be a 2-parter? I mean, unless something unforeseen happens?”
                                Answer: 1. Brilliant deductions. Why, yes, it is.
                                2. And, yes, it will certainly be a two-parter. We are all in agreement.
                                A vitally important part which PG chose not to quote
                                "Most people who are watching TV are semi-catatonic. They're not fully alive." - U.S. District Court Judge Timothy Batten Sr.
                                Ronald Greer is also a medic. Your argument is invalid.
                                Originally posted by J-Whitt Remastered
                                Secondly, I think that everything DigiFluid is good.
                                Sandcastle Builder: The game of XKCD: Time

Comment

Working...
                                X