Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Stargate Universe" Discussion/Speculation (Spoilers)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Xicer View Post
    It'd be interesting if it was Lorne
    I would love to see Lorne get promoted (if he can get promoted) & he is chosen by Jack maybe with a recommendation from Carter ? To lead the new team

Comment

I doubt it will be an SG-1 member because they are probably going to be left on Earth for the movies, unless they go the Worf from Star Trek route and have them just happening to somehow be at SGC when a new crisis arises, but IMHO I hope that don't go that route because that always annoyed me in the Star Trek movies. As for Lorne, that would be pretty cool. I've really like him on Atlantis and would be very happy if he became a regular on one of the shows.

Comment

Originally posted by JDB View Post
        I doubt it will be an SG-1 member because they are probably going to be left on Earth for the movies, unless they go the Worf from Star Trek route and have them just happening to somehow be at SGC when a new crisis arises, but IMHO I hope that don't go that route because that always annoyed me in the Star Trek movies. As for Lorne, that would be pretty cool. I've really like him on Atlantis and would be very happy if he became a regular on one of the shows.
        Lorne definitely has a lot of potential and is a great leader. I think I'd rather have him be promoted to Lt. Colonel and be the team leader in the new series rather than have a completely new person.

OT: Generations was right after TNG I believe, before Worf came on DS9. In First Contact, Worf was only there because a Borg Cube had arrived and they needed as many ships there as possible, and considering that the Defiant was made especially to fight the Borg, it makes sense it was there. Insurrection happened either during season 7 or right after season 7 of DS9. And Nemesis happened a few years after DS9, so I don't think their excuses for having Worf in all of the TNG movies was that bad.
        Folding@Home|Babylon 5 Canon Guide

Delenn: This is Ambassador Delenn of the Minbari. Babylon 5 is under our protection. Withdraw,...or be destroyed.
        Earth Captain: Negative. We have authority here. Do not force us to engage your ship.
        Delenn: Why not? Only one human captain has ever survived battle with a Minbari fleet. He is behind me. You are in front of me. If you value your lives, be somewhere else.
        --Babylon 5 - "Severed Dreams"

Comment

Lorne definitely has a lot of potential and is a great leader. I think I'd rather have him be promoted to Lt. Colonel and be the team leader in the new series rather than have a completely new person.
          I totally agree. I would definitely support Lorne leading a team in the new show rather than some new person altogether.
          sigpic
          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
          "...phu...ah..."
          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Lorne and Zelenka for Stargate Universe!!

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
              Lorne and Zelenka for Stargate Universe!!
              I'd be for that. However, I would miss Zelenka on SGA. I love his relationship with McKay.
              sigpic
              "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Agreed. Where there's McKay there has to be Zelenka!
                Folding@Home|Babylon 5 Canon Guide

Delenn: This is Ambassador Delenn of the Minbari. Babylon 5 is under our protection. Withdraw,...or be destroyed.
                Earth Captain: Negative. We have authority here. Do not force us to engage your ship.
                Delenn: Why not? Only one human captain has ever survived battle with a Minbari fleet. He is behind me. You are in front of me. If you value your lives, be somewhere else.
                --Babylon 5 - "Severed Dreams"

Comment

Agreed. Where there's McKay there has to be Zelenka!
                  That is kind of how I feel. I just wish his character got more screen time on SGA sometimes.
                  sigpic
                  "...phu...ah..."

Comment

I hope Major Evan Lorne wiil be in Stargate Universe and be a Lieutenant Colonel
                    sigpic

So now that is why I call you names, like Carol, Jane and Sue. Like Moesha, Kim and Lilly and Susanne and Betty-Lou. See, regardless of the names I pick, my feelings are quite clear; you're a pain in every day of every month of every year.

Dr.cox Scrubs

Comment

I read somewhere that SGU will deal with the Ninth Chevron. Where the hell is the ninth chevron on the stargate?
                      "The Clarke Postulate - One's ability to correctly explain advanced theoretical thermodynamics as applied to string theory within a fictional context is directly related to one's ability to cook the perfect lemon chicken with mushrooms in a nice garlic butter sauce. While some use this unexpected correlation as proof of intelligent design, I believe that its all about the person's choice of mushrooms.

I also believe that there is a tear developing in the space-time continuum which if left uncheck will allow Microsoft to become a world power. I suspect that unless we all download Firefox 3 on the same day, thus sealing the tear, that life as we know it may be over and children will have their teddy bears and blankets ripped mercilessly from their arms.

Comment

Beneath the ramp, I reckon.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
                          Beneath the ramp, I reckon.
                          I've freeze framed shots of the SG1 and SGA gates and just don't count a ninth chevron. I only count eight. Do I need to find a freeze frame of a free standing gate like the one in 38 Minutes where you can see all chevrons?
                          "The Clarke Postulate - One's ability to correctly explain advanced theoretical thermodynamics as applied to string theory within a fictional context is directly related to one's ability to cook the perfect lemon chicken with mushrooms in a nice garlic butter sauce. While some use this unexpected correlation as proof of intelligent design, I believe that its all about the person's choice of mushrooms.

I also believe that there is a tear developing in the space-time continuum which if left uncheck will allow Microsoft to become a world power. I suspect that unless we all download Firefox 3 on the same day, thus sealing the tear, that life as we know it may be over and children will have their teddy bears and blankets ripped mercilessly from their arms.

Comment

Yes, most definately.

Comment

from pt of the robert cooper interview

GW: Is there any news on the third series yet? Have there been any developments? I know you guys are obviously busy doing other things.

RCC: Brad and I have written up basically a one-page document that outlines the concept and the characters for the series. That's being used as a sales document to put together the financing. It is definitely very, very high on the agenda of things for MGM to get going. They're asking us. Basically, MGM is saying to Brad and I, "When can you have it ready? When can you physically, actually write the script and start production?" These things take time. They aren't just born and grow on their own, unfortunately.
                              GW: Would the new series, content-wise, have anything to do with the events of "Unending?"

RCC: No.
                              http://www.gateworld.net/interviews/...s_part_2.shtml
                              Last edited by Adria; 05 July 2007, 07:25 PM.

Comment

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....0&postcount=24

Originally posted by Darren View Post
                                Rob indicated in March that the fact that they were focusing on the two movies through the winter and spring of this year and not on Stargate Universe would actually give MGM (hopefully) plenty of time to secure financing and anything else they needed to do.

That means that with a script written over the summer, it's entirely possible that they might get a green light, cast in the fall, and go into production next Feb/March for a 2008 premiere.

That depends, of course, on the other giant piece of the puzzle: Just where Stargate Universe is going to air. Or perhaps the right word is "air," since in this interview he's subtlely hinting at the possibility of digital distribution. It will also be interesting to see if SCI FI is ready to commit to a third series for '08, and whether or not that is affected by Atlantis's renewal or cancellation.

Comment

Working...
                                X