Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Stargate Universe" Discussion/Speculation (Spoilers)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
    Based on my research (and this is very very minimal research) Region 2 (Europe) is between 2-5 months after Region 1 for Stargate
    Oh noes
    Might have to get me one of those multi-region dvd players and pay heavily for cross-seas shipping Just depends on how big the gap is really.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
      I hear Australia is still waiting for SGA S4
      Very funny, I got my copy of SGA S5 last friday. CotG:FC as well.
      "Most people who are watching TV are semi-catatonic. They're not fully alive." - U.S. District Court Judge Timothy Batten Sr.
      Ronald Greer is also a medic. Your argument is invalid.
      Originally posted by J-Whitt Remastered
      Secondly, I think that everything DigiFluid is good.
      Sandcastle Builder: The game of XKCD: Time

Comment

Originally posted by kimbo1893 View Post
        You mean this?

Spoiler:
        Take one recent episode. "I was floating in a tank, and that was kind of bizarre, in actual fact," Carlyle said in a group interview last month at Comic-Con in San Diego. "A bunch of aliens actually got me. Of course, Rush is left on a planet, which is what he deserves, and then the aliens come and pick him up and stick him in a tank. So that's where you suddenly pick me up again, floating in it. So that was quite cool."

But wait, there's more. "We do all die, and then we come back to life," Carlyle revealed. "It's a very, very interesting episode written by Robert Cooper called 'Time.'"

It tells you the episode name, Time.
        I'm not 100% sure that those two paragraphs refer to the same episode. The question that led up to it is pretty broad: RC may have ended talking about the episode where they get captured with "that was quite cool", and then moved on to talking about Time.

He was very specific in mentioning that Rush gets captured, as opposed to we all die. Felt like he was on about two separate plots there. O'course, we wont know one way or another until the episode airs... unless someone is willing to kidnap RC, tie him naked to a seatless chair, and lock him in with me and a length of knotted rope.

*eye bleeds*
        Captain Untouchable
        Captain's Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Untouchable View Post
          O'course, we wont know one way or another until the episode airs... unless someone is willing to kidnap RC, tie him naked to a seatless chair, and lock him in with me and a length of knotted rope.
          Blah blah blah blah Lahela blah blah.

Comment

Update!

Today, I finally finished the scripts. Well, not really because a script isn’t technically done until it’s been shot and I still have my most despised stage of the scripting process not to look forward to – the dreaded rewrite. But, for the moment, a much-needed breather. Now, it’s all in the hands of my fellow writer-producers who will read, consider, and give me notes – some time between now and early next month.

Wow. It’s hard to believe that we’re nearing the home stretch and already eyeing our October 2nd premiere. And, a couple of weeks later, we’ll be wrapped. And, hopefully, starting to think about – dare I say it – a potential season 2?

David Blue dropped by the offices today to chat character development with Carl and I. We talked about Eli as the grounding force who’ll offer the fish-out-of-water perspective many of the viewers can relate to. Despite some early fan suggestions that Eli will be little more than a Junior McKay, the truth is that, aside from the fact that they are both geniuses, the two characters don’t have that much in common. In fact, if one were to compare Eli to past characters from the franchise, the one he lines up closest with – and thank you, Carl, for pointing this out – is O’Neill. Yes, similarities to Jack, certainly in his sense of humor, but more cautious, less sure off himself – charitable, enthusiastic, thoughtful, and extremely loyal. Oh, and incredibly likable. Of course a lot of that (if not all of the aforementioned character attributes) stems from David’s wonderful performance. I knew he was good when we hired him yet he’s managed to even surpass those lofty initial expectations. His turn in Time still leaves me shaking my head in amazement.
            A pic of David Blue/Eli Wallace in a bar:

http://josephmallozzi.files.wordpres...8/img_2675.jpg

From: http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...ts-checked-up/

Comment

Eli is like O'Neil?

I can hear it now. Someone will say it. SGU is rehashing SG1
              Originally posted by aretood2
              Jelgate is right

Comment

What's up with that picture? The full size version looks... yes that's dithering. Could it be 256 colours? Something's definitely wrong.
                Is that from the show or an actual bar???
                "Most people who are watching TV are semi-catatonic. They're not fully alive." - U.S. District Court Judge Timothy Batten Sr.

Comment

I would say it's a flashback in the show.
                  sigpic
                  A lot of the things that made Stargate awesome, but just with steroids, spread all over it. - Brian J. Smith

Comment

Originally posted by Helmar View Post
                    I would say it's a flashback in the show.
                    Or he could be borrowing someone else's body.

Comment

It should be from the episode 'Earth', going by what we know.

Comment

Yeah. But is that Chloe in the foreground? It's hard to tell when the image doesn't have all the colours it ought to.

Comment

It'll probably be a photo he took on set (his blog is full of is own on set snaps), which is why it's not top quality.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
                            Blah blah blah blah Lahela blah blah.
                            I'm not sure the OP was thinking what I was thinking...

*sigh* Why is everyone so hard on Rush?
                            sigpic

Comment

I think Chloe is behind Eli in that pic, if she is in it at all?

Comment

Originally posted by major davis View Post
                                Pretty sure it's space. I read the callsheet for space and someing along the lines of what you are saying happens... I'm like 95 sure.
                                If so, then I reckon Rush will be abandoned in episode 10 'Justice', find his way back by the end of 11 'Space' (possibly with the help of these new aliens), and in 12 'Divided' he will be uber p*ss*d and that is what will lead to the splitting of the crew, half following Young and half following Rush. Then, an even bigger problem will occur, and the crew will realize that fighting between themselves is stupid when they are in that situation.

Comment

Working...
                                X